Who knows you're using pheros?

Hello LP community -- who in your life knows you're using pheromones? At home, do you have all your Love Potion goodies out in the open for all to see? What do you say when someone asks "What's that you're wearing?"

I haven't quite reached a month of using pheros. So far I've shared the newfound phero love affair with my sister and best girlfriend. I'm divorced and single at the moment -- I would have shared the phero luv with my ex if we were still together. While single and dating, I don't see myself being that forthcoming regarding pheromone use with potential suitors :arf:

Both my sister and bff are skeptics. I've shared stories of hits and happenstance but they're not jumping on the bandwagon. It's all good, more attention for me lol. I say that in jest because sis and bff are 10s with no effort so they don't need a boost as I do. When I use pheromones I'm right up there with sis and bff. So it looks like I'm a lifer :-)

I'm conflicted over who I should be sharing my phero use with. Based on what I'm reading on all the sites and general research, pheromones seem to be a bit taboo. Boxes arrive with abbreviations of company names and nobody's shouting from the roof tops that they're using them. What gives? I'd like to share the info with all family and loved ones. At the same time I'm reticent to do so -veterans don't seem to be strong proponents.

Am I overthinking things?

I don't keep any of my perfumes on display, there is no room for that! Plus, cool dark places are more conducive to storage (especially for an insanely-massive collection :P). But my woobie and many of my friends know I use pheros, and I discuss their usage with interested parties. But I don't tell strangers that I'm wearing pheros, even if they might ask about my fragrance. I'm rather nondescript anyway, so I don't get a lot of those kind of questions.

The "what gives" is that pheromone usage is a form of social engineering which is controversial at best, I'd say. And I understand - and would even agree - that it's no different from plastic surgery and other blatant behaviors in regards to getting people to pay attention to you and find you attractive although the use of pheros is not by itself a magic bullet. I suppose it has to do with the notion that you can change people's perceptions simply by giving off particular signatures as opposed to an obvious meritocracy approach of a more concrete/utilitarian example of Being Special.

^^That last paragraph Luna, I like that. woot!

I don't have my stash on display or hidden, They are on a shelf in my closet.

When I used my first phero enhanced scent from LP.. it was like OMG. I love this, yes I want to share and tell a friend. Then I got the "yea right" response ... ah well. Tho I have recently talked with another friend who is interested in the concept. So, to each his own.

No I don't tell acquaintances, strangers or first dates that I'm wearing a phero. Why would I?

I don't tell them I'm wearing deodorant or I've waxed my upper lip either.

I've told plenty of people about LP in general as in I'm wearing LP Pink by...ect

Wow Luna! What a thought-provoking answer!

I've so far only told one close friend about my phero use, and that's mostly because I know she's experimented with pheros a little bit in the past.

Because I've said ALOT on this board about my current crush at work, I definitely don't tell anyone at work about my pheros or even lp, because I honestly don't want them to know my feelings for this guy. I think it's just best kept private.

I think, if I did have a significant other, he would definitely know about my phero use. I just don't think that's something I could keep secret, but then again, sometimes it's hard to know exactly how you would act in a situation until you've actually experienced it.

Pretty much everyone I know knows I use them. It's no big deal to me. I don't tell strangers who ask me what I am wearing but my friends all know. I have gotten several of my friends into buying them as well. I tested in secret for quite awhile before I told them. I have done experiments at parties where I put them on a few people and some people knew and others didn't. And after several people mentioned how amazingly different one of my rather prickly friends was acting I let them in on the secret. Now they are all believers. I have used stuff from just about every major brand out there, done a ton of beta testing for many brands, so it's been a huge part of my life. I talk about my life with my friends, so it comes up. Sure some are not into it, but to each their own. More for me. LOL. Amyrose here on the forum is one of my good friends IRL. She uses them now too.

I keep my stuff in a drawer. Usually in plastic bags so they are not exposed to light and heat.

The only person who knows is my mom as she is now using the pheros that really don't agree with my chemistry.

I used to try to talk to others about this, but many people were very skeptical and don't believe so I just keep it to myself.

We have a large family and many animals, so not much gets in the door or by without someone or something nosing around, lol. My husband and I are always upfront and run things by each other b4 trying new stuff. He was open to me trying pheros, but it was more for a lark than anything else as we have always had great chemistry together without any artificial aide/help. In fact, just this morning we were lying in bed talking (he made coffee and biscotti) without pheros, lol and he mentioned that he preferred my own smells, au natural, but agreed its fun to play with pheros sometimes.

I suppose it's all subjective to one's agenda and what you're hoping to achieve, but I personally think if one is looking to establish a long term, committed relationship it's important it's based on honesty from the get go, which includes one's own body chemistry/smells and then perhaps embellish as one gets older and producing less of their own stuff.

Although I haven't used them in the work arena, I suppose it would help to have a phero edge. After all, we are bombarded daily by the media/advertising that uses all sorts of "hooks" to get us to try their "products", etc. However, I worked nearly 20 yrs, in the corporate world, ran several businesses and still maintain a private practice office/clients, without pheros.

I keep my LPMP in a special place, but my daughters (adults) and a couple of friends know I'm trying them and I've let them try some of the samples. Would I tell people in public? Nope. But then again I only use social pheros when out and reserve the more "potent" ones for private time with my husband.

My LPs are all lipstick holders, and live in a bookshelf with doors.

BF and my mum are the only people who know about my phero use. I told my mum 'cause I basically tell her everything anyway, and I told BF about them because I thought he might benefit from using some himself, with regards to his band's performances. He was kind of skeptical, but he's a believer now, and thinks it's pretty "cool" (his word), that I use pheros to lure him to the sack! :lol: I don't tell him what I'm wearing or when, 'cause I don't think he particularly cares. Although sometimes I let him choose the scents I order, (as long as I like them, too). Most recently he asked me to get Tombstone Tart. I'm astonished that he liked it enough to even remember the name! :o

I don't talk to anyone else about pheros 'cause I just don't want to. Like Stacy said, I don't tell people when I shave my legs, or tweeze my eyebrows. Why would I tell them about this? It's not really their business, and to me, the whole point is for the WOW factor to be natural.

If someone asks me about a scent, I'll gladly tell them what it is, and where I got it. And I think I'd be pretty forthcoming if anyone visited this site and then *asked me* me if I use pheros. But I'm not just going to volunteer the info.

However, I worked nearly 20 yrs, in the corporate world, ran several businesses and still maintain a private practice office/clients, without pheros.

Yes many of us have lived a large chunk of our lives without the use of commercial pheromones; I think that's one of the reasons I don't use them daily, because most of my life was spent not relying on them, so I only use them when I desire to work the advantage they might provide in a situation, not because I need them or feel less than myself without them.

My BFF and my kids know I use the pheros. My b/f doesn't. I have all my scents (even the phero'd ones) in my cabinet in my bathroom entryway, and my b/f has seen them, but he didn't look too closely. I have my UN pheros on a shelf in my closet. I don't think he'd be freaked out about them, though.

No one knows I use pheros... Except you guys lol. I keep all my LPs displayed on shelves in my closet and my BF sees them everyday. He never really reads what they are. They are organized with all my other commercial perfume, so I guess he figures it's just more, different perfume. If he's not asking, I'm not telling.

For a long time, only my hubs knew. And even he is not aware of the degree to which he is steered by cops.

But then a year ago Christmas I gave a friend some cougar potion and subsequently showed her my LPMP hoard, so now she knows.I don't really talk about phero use with anyone IRL. My friend is now hooked on cougar but I don't think she would be one to become too interested in testing pheromones; cougar is just a terrific perfume to her.

My hub who is not a believer and my sister know that I use pheros. My kids know that some of my LPs contains "chemical" but they don't know what they do. I gave a bunch of LPs away at my ex-work place but non of them gave a hoot so too bad! The issue is that ,ost of these girls (who reported to me) are very materialistic. They earn about USD$1000 per month yet they will only use "branded" stuff. They scrimp and save to buy a branded bag they could carry around.

I have also given away to some ex-colleagues who were very happy and asked for more.

That is so sweet and kind of you JOC. :hearts0425:

My hub who is not a believer and my sister know that I use pheros. My kids know that some of my LPs contains "chemical" but they don't know what they do. I gave a bunch of LPs away at my ex-work place but non of them gave a hoot so too bad! The issue is that ,ost of these girls (who reported to me) are very materialistic. They earn about USD$1000 per month yet they will only use "branded" stuff. They scrimp and save to buy a branded bag they could carry around.

I have also given away to some ex-colleagues who were very happy and asked for more.

I told a few of my closest friends and my teenage (late teens) sons know but not my spousal unit.

I decided it was best no one knew as its my business and do not speak of it to anyone.

I don't keep them on display nor do I hide them.

I use them like I would aroma therapy ... I wear what will benefit everyone around me for that day depending on the self effects I need :)

I don't keep any of my perfumes on display, there is no room for that! Plus, cool dark places are more conducive to storage

The "what gives" is that pheromone usage is a form of social engineering which is controversial at best, I'd say. And I understand - and would even agree - that it's no different from plastic surgery and other blatant behaviors in regards to getting people to pay attention to you and find you attractive although the use of pheros is not by itself a magic bullet. I suppose it has to do with the notion that you can change people's perceptions simply by giving off particular signatures as opposed to an obvious meritocracy approach of a more concrete/utilitarian example of Being Special.

Luna hit the nail on the head.

My wife knows but may not know how much i use them or how many I have. I have discussed the idea in general with my oldest (my son) but nothing specific. My wife is skepticsl at best and thinks money for perfumes/pheromones (esp. as much as I have) is a waste of money. I have tried to get her to try both scents and pheromones before but she does not want to jump on that bandwagon. Yet. I will keep trying lol.

My wife knows but may not know how much i use them or how many I have. I have discussed the idea in general with my oldest (my son) but nothing specific. My wife is skepticsl at best and thinks money for perfumes/pheromones (esp. as much as I have) is a waste of money. I have tried to get her to try both scents and pheromones before but she does not want to jump on that bandwagon. Yet. I will keep trying lol.

So, out of curiosity, she just does not like perfumes? Or is it pheros? Or, and I have family like this, she is "picky" about perfume and only has a couple she wears?

Aww. That makes me sad. It's so hard when your SO doesn't understand about something that's obviously important to you.

"Waste of money" :(

I don't share the fact I wear pheros with many people as I like to keep that private, unfortunately pheros have become so mainstream here that most women do in fact wear them, Im no longer that "special lady" at the party...lol!

my dirty lil secret is out. :smiley-music002:

So, out of curiosity, she just does not like perfumes? Or is it pheros? Or, and I have family like this, she is "picky" about perfume and only has a couple she wears?

I think part of the issue is she has a very sensitive nose and anything but the lightest dose of cologne is too strong for her. She almost always picks out when I am wearing pheromones when she is very close to me. Money was very tight in her family and she is still very tight with a dollar and cologne/perfume is just not something you spend money on. She wears a very light perfume for work and has maybe 2-3 bottles. She will not let me get her a new one until one is used up.

I think part of the issue is she has a very sensitive nose and anything but the lightest dose of cologne is too strong for her. She almost always picks out when I am wearing pheromones when she is very close to me. Money was very tight in her family and she is still very tight with a dollar and cologne/perfume is just not something you spend money on. She wears a very light perfume for work and has maybe 2-3 bottles. She will not let me get her a new one until one is used up.

Well if it's what she's comfortable with, and she's happy you'll just have to get her something else really cool. My aunt is like that. She's not big into perfumes ect but there's plenty of other good stuff out there. :)

Reveal phero's as my secret weapon!? Never! I don't think it'd be a good thing if I told my best friends and then they all started phero bombing people with BI or Sexpionage not knowing what they're doing ;) I think my mom has seen the bottles but she's never questioned them. They're in a drawer to stay out of the light though so I've never had to deal with anyone asking about them. Plus I don't think most would believe the effects if I told them.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely no one knows. It's a well kept secret, like my beauty routine, my hair product, my workout plan. I used to be very open with things I had tried and that had worked, wanting to convince friends to hop aboard to join the fun. But most of them were not interested or even ridiculing me for trying all kinds if stuff. And sometimes when I had some great info and told friends, they would just blab about it and the info would end up with somebody I did not care for. Like finding that perfect hair product just to see some broad I resented use it, too. Husband does not know and never asks, all is well hidden in sexy underwear drawer.

I even go as far as peeling the label off the vials I carry in my purse to refresh. I clean off the glue, and write a made up name on it with a pretty silver marker. The name has to be similar to the original, so that with a growing collction I wont get confused. Sometimes people happen onto you when you dab a little on your wrists, and some ask what the scent is. Takes some creative lying to steer them away. Like, "oh, I picked up some of these bottles at a stall at a country fair. Just some moms doing aromatherapy, I lost their card, though". Or when they comment on the scent I'll just say, "somebody gave me this shower gel as a gift" or "thats just some drugstore shampoo".

Sorry, Mara, I know that's awful, but sometimes that's what it takes to make them go away. One day, 3 or 4 women wouldnt leave me alone about my scent, that was a Marigold & Amaranth day. Sorry, but I absolutely wont share my treasues. Bad enough that some of the hussies at work have started to copy my style which I must admit irks me. They're not getting anything else.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't keep any of my perfumes on display, there is no room for that! Plus, cool dark places are more conducive to storage (especially for an insanely-massive collection :P). But my woobie and many of my friends know I use pheros, and I discuss their usage with interested parties. But I don't tell strangers that I'm wearing pheros, even if they might ask about my fragrance. I'm rather nondescript anyway, so I don't get a lot of those kind of questions.

I can’t begin to imagine how extensive your collection must be Luna. Seems you have an intimate knowledge of all your fragrances as well ^_^The way you’re able to relate previous blends to the newer ones is quite remarkable.

It’s wonderful you’re able to share use of pheros with your woobie and friends. They matter the most in the grand scheme of things. My hope is to have a similar philosophy. I’ve stumbled over words a time or two when asked about the fragrance I’m wearing. Basically I give them the name of the cover perfume. I don’t go in depth about layering and the ‘UN’ that might lie beneath :)

“Social engineering” is a term I’ve only become acquainted with when I started using pheromones. As it pertains to use, you summed it up in a nutshell “…the use of pheros is not by itself a magic bullet.” In general, I don’t believe a sober person can be made to act in a manner inconsistent with underlying tendencies when exposed to pheros. Without some proclivity, I don’t know about radical behavioral changes. One of these days I plan on using myself as a test case. There’s a gentleman I’ve been dating who is a great guy all around. Let’s call him The Academic, I’m smitten with his intelligence and ideology. Unfortunately I’m not physically attracted to The Academic so our relationship hasn’t progressed over time. When I’m more open to the possibility of being ensnared, I’ll gift The Academic a Love Potion blend geared to moving things along between us. If my avi ever changes to one of a bride and groom, know that I was wrong about the italicized statement above :rolleyes:

True indeed, I get that people’s perceptions can be changed by being exposed to a phero signature as opposed to an unenhanced version of Special self. I tend to agree pheros amplify what we already possess. They can’t create an attribute not in existence. That being the case, we’re all Special in our own right sans use as they wouldn’t work otherwise. That’s the best comeback I can muster after a few months of experimentation :D

No I don't tell acquaintances, strangers or first dates that I'm wearing a phero. Why would I?

I don't tell them I'm wearing deodorant or I've waxed my upper lip either.

I've told plenty of people about LP in general as in I'm wearing LP Pink by...ect

Great point Stacy :) I think we can all get on board with that. People who aren’t privy to our grooming practices don’t really have a need, or right, to know certain things lol. Yes, it is nice to share with friends who show interest. It’s lovely to have allies in our day-to-day. Notice I said allies lol…I came close to telling a person who I thought was a friend about my phero use. I’m so glad I DIDN’T! 'Cause she wasn't a friend after all :(

I think, if I did have a significant other, he would definitely know about my phero use. I just don't think that's something I could keep secret, but then again, sometimes it's hard to know exactly how you would act in a situation until you've actually experienced it.

You’re right about that Amalthea! Until we’re in the moment, hard to say how we would react in a situation. Providing both partners are into fragrances – can you imagine the FUN they would have experimenting with the different LPs :D

a few of my girlfriends know and Hunny Bunny. Of course Hunny Bunny was wondering why i use pheros. As he says "all u have to do is say the word, and I'm there and ready to go"

CUTE! I like that a lot. I also like your Hunny Bunny’s lighthearted outlook. My hope is to land a hunny bunny that will either be into pheros or have a great outlook like your Hunny Bunny :)

Pretty much everyone I know knows I use them. It's no big deal to me. I don't tell strangers who ask me what I am wearing but my friends all know. I have gotten several of my friends into buying them as well. I tested in secret for quite awhile before I told them. I have done experiments at parties where I put them on a few people and some people knew and others didn't. And after several people mentioned how amazingly different one of my rather prickly friends was acting I let them in on the secret. Now they are all believers. I have used stuff from just about every major brand out there, done a ton of beta testing for many brands, so it's been a huge part of my life. I talk about my life with my friends, so it comes up. Sure some are not into it, but to each their own. More for me. LOL. Amyrose here on the forum is one of my good friends IRL. She uses them now too.

The common thread as you’ve outlined Halo is letting the right people be in the know. Friends are bound to be brought into the circle if phero use is a big part of our lives. Great stuff…how the prickly friend did the turnabout :lol: It’s things like that which makes believers out of skeptics. I hear ya’ on the “More for me” lol. If they don’t wanna believe then so be it. Altho, I do wonder at times if there is a small percentage out there that pheros do NOT actually work for? Like…can they be SO cynical that the blends don’t work?!.

The few people I’ve shared with, my sister and a couple of friends are the same -unconvinced. I’ll mention it to others when the situation calls for it. People are most receptive in times of need. Overall, I’ll probably keep it to myself. Seems to be the best course of action for now ^_^

I keep my stuff in a drawer. Usually in plastic bags so they are not exposed to light and heat.

The only person who knows is my mom as she is now using the pheros that really don't agree with my chemistry.

I used to try to talk to others about this, but many people were very skeptical and don't believe so I just keep it to myself.

“A Phero Edge” LOVE that :love: -thank you ODW! Well I think the more we use LP pheros, the more we see how helpful they can be in various life arenas. As long as one maintains discernment, then we’re doing what’s right individually. It’s nice your husband was open to you trying the pheros. If at first it was for a lark, now I know he’s a believer and an ever so willing participant in all the great experimentation :wink2:

Although I haven't used them in the work arena, I suppose it would help to have a phero edge. After all, we are bombarded daily by the media/advertising that uses all sorts of "hooks" to get us to try their "products", etc. However, I worked nearly 20 yrs, in the corporate world, ran several businesses and still maintain a private practice office/clients, without pheros.

BF and my mum are the only people who know about my phero use. I told my mum 'cause I basically tell her everything anyway, and I told BF about them because I thought he might benefit from using some himself, with regards to his band's performances. He was kind of skeptical, but he's a believer now, and thinks it's pretty "cool" (his word), that I use pheros to lure him to the sack! :lol: I don't tell him what I'm wearing or when, 'cause I don't think he particularly cares. Although sometimes I let him choose the scents I order, (as long as I like them, too). Most recently he asked me to get Tombstone Tart. I'm astonished that he liked it enough to even remember the name! :o

If someone asks me about a scent, I'll gladly tell them what it is, and where I got it. And I think I'd be pretty forthcoming if anyone visited this site and then *asked me* me if I use pheros. But I'm not just going to volunteer the info.

The two most important people in your life know so that’s a beautiful thing Eggers! Your posts make me smile when you mention BF taking your potions and spritzing till his heart’s content lol. Having him help choose the scents you order sounds like great fun, glad he converted to a believer. I can’t wait to see what you guys pick from the June NRs :)

That’s actually a great way to approach things. If someone asks about the scent, point them to the LP site and go on from there. If they’re open to the idea of pheros, I’m sure they would ask. You’re right in there not being a need to volunteer the information right off the bat.

My BFF and my kids know I use the pheros. My b/f doesn't. I have all my scents (even the phero'd ones) in my cabinet in my bathroom entryway, and my b/f has seen them, but he didn't look too closely. I have my UN pheros on a shelf in my closet. I don't think he'd be freaked out about them, though.

You have a good thing going there Molls :)If b/f wouldn’t freak out then he’s a keeper. Being your LPs are out in the open then you’ve upheld your end of disclosure :wink2:

No one knows I use pheros... Except you guys lol. I keep all my LPs displayed on shelves in my closet and my BF sees them everyday. He never really reads what they are. They are organized with all my other commercial perfume, so I guess he figures it's just more, different perfume. If he's not asking, I'm not telling.

:say19: That’s a good way to do it, organize them with your commercial perfume. I’m sure if the day ever comes that he asks you’ll disclose what you want to. No more and no less :wink2:

For a long time, only my hubs knew. And even he is not aware of the degree to which he is steered by cops.

But then a year ago Christmas I gave a friend some cougar potion and subsequently showed her my LPMP hoard, so now she knows.I don't really talk about phero use with anyone IRL. My friend is now hooked on cougar but I don't think she would be one to become too interested in testing pheromones; cougar is just a terrific perfume to her.

It’s amazing how natural these experiences are in that people don’t realize how much they’re steered.

Giving your friend Cougar Potion was a sweet gesture :love: If her interest wasn’t piqued further when you showed her your hoard, then like you said, she may not be too interested right now. Maybe when she runs out of Cougar she’ll visit the site and get hooked while looking.

Took me awhile to figure out what DIHL means. I haven’t been able to get “IRL” tho. What does that mean?

Nobody knows I use them

Wow! You’re good BV :) I think my family would eventually get it out of me…if I hadn’t volunteered the info already. I did share with my sister and bff when I first started using pheros...

Right now only me. Its my secret.

Ssshhhhh, ok, we’ll keep it between us :wink2:

Yes it is too bad when a good thing is overlooked! All we can do is extend the courtesy and hope for the best JOC. The ex-colleagues were happy to receive the LPs so that’s terrific :love:

I told a few of my closest friends and my teenage (late teens) sons know but not my spousal unit.

I decided it was best no one knew as its my business and do not speak of it to anyone.

I don't keep them on display nor do I hide them.

I use them like I would aroma therapy ... I wear what will benefit everyone around me for that day depending on the self effects I need :)

“I use them like I would aroma therapy ... I wear what will benefit everyone around me for that day depending on the self effects I need :) :clapW2::you-rock:

That’s a good way to go RB :love:

My intent is mostly the sane as your' s livinlavidacabo. Works for my purposes.

Yes, please keep trying! It would be wonderful for you to share this great pursuit :)Maybe try a sample or two from the June NRs?

I don't share the fact I wear pheros with many people as I like to keep that private, unfortunately pheros have become so mainstream here that most women do in fact wear them, Im no longer that "special lady" at the party...lol!

my dirty lil secret is out. :smiley-music002:

WHAAAT?!?! Oh no! Where do you live? So I’ll never move there :lol: In all seriousness, so sorry to hear that! How did it become so mainstream?!? Oh me oh my!! :smiley-music002: is right :o

Reveal phero's as my secret weapon!? Never! I don't think it'd be a good thing if I told my best friends and then they all started phero bombing people with BI or Sexpionage not knowing what they're doing ;) I think my mom has seen the bottles but she's never questioned them. They're in a drawer to stay out of the light though so I've never had to deal with anyone asking about them. Plus I don't think most would believe the effects if I told them.

:lol2: “! I don't think it'd be a good thing if I told my best friends and then they all started phero bombing people with BI or Sexpionage not knowing what they're doing." :Emoticons04263:

....Sorry, but I absolutely wont share my treasues. Bad enough that some of the hussies at work have started to copy my style which I must admit irks me...

That’s the worst when people start copying your style. I think that would be bothersome and I can understand why you would want to prevent that from happening Maroon. Phero use is incorporated into our beauty routine! And more often than not, most people don’t care to know every detail. And if they do, we should be wary :rolleyes:I end up learning the hard way but all it takes is getting burned once.