Pheroma fogger recovery advice

I'm a self-confessed perfume fogger. For me, 4 sprays of any phero perfume would be the absolute smallest amount I'd ever have used at one time- 6 or 7 sprays is more typical. And I slather the pheroma oils like no body's business. Now I'm trying to cut back on the amount of perfume I wear, as I think sometimes I'm overdoing it. I know everyone requires differing amounts of various pheros to hit their magic spot, but in anyone's experience, can the lovely scented pheros that have 1/3 the strength of the UNs work effectively when you are only using a couple of sprays, or a very moderate amount of perfume oil?

I have lots of UNs to reinforce smaller amounts of perfume with, but there are some blends you might want more of a scent cover for, like Teddy BB, or the ones with cops. So in this case, I'd like to find a way of wearing my perfume a bit more subtly but maintaining phero responses.

I've never had a problem hitting my pheromone sweet spot with the enhanced fragrances, and I never had to add extra phero. In fact, a few of the pheros I can only wear in enhanced scents because the UN is too strong. I know different folks require different amounts, but my hunch is if you're wearing 6-7 sprays reinforced with more phero, you might be overdoing it, hence the problem with responses. Why don't you try less of the scents first and see what happens before adding more phero?

I've never had a problem hitting my pheromone sweet spot with the enhanced fragrances, and I never had to add extra phero. In fact, a few of the pheros I can only wear in enhanced scents because the UN is too strong. I know different folks require different amounts, but my hunch is if you're wearing 6-7 sprays reinforced with more phero, you might be overdoing it, hence the problem with responses. Why don't you try less of the scents first and see what happens before adding more phero?

I agree. IME, less is usually more with pheros. Tho I will sometimes layer. For example I have scented Cougar in oil and spray. So 3 swipes of oil,2 are about 3/4 of an inch on wrist/forearms & about 1/2 inch in my cleavage. Then one good spray that usually lands on neck/chest/hair.

IMO Teddy BB is not stinky.

Edited by StacyK

I get major hits just with the phero enhanced fragrance samples and will have some left over to wear several more times!

Now this is only on the summer though. I can't seem to get the diffusion right in cooler or cold weather, but when it is warm I just dab a bit of a sample on each side of my neck and the tops of my hands and I can get hits from 10-20 feet away. I don't notice any weakening of the phero or fragrance and that is just a sample. :)

Now I can say with the full bottles of stuff I do have I can mindlessly slather or spray. I don't know... sometimes I zone out and then realize, "Wow I am putting on a lot!" Then I stop myself.

I get major hits just with the phero enhanced fragrance samples and will have some left over to wear several more times!

Now this is only on the summer though. I can't seem to get the diffusion right in cooler or cold weather, but when it is warm I just dab a bit of a sample on each side of my neck and the tops of my hands and I can get hits from 10-20 feet away. I don't notice any weakening of the phero or fragrance and that is just a sample. :)

Now I can say with the full bottles of stuff I do have I can mindlessly slather or spray. I don't know... sometimes I zone out and then realize, "Wow I am putting on a lot!" Then I stop myself.

It's good to keep track of how much you wear, I write it down in a little note book I got just for phero notes. Some people here use a spreadsheet on their PC ect. Either way it can not only save you from OD.. but it can help you save $$ because you are aware of how much you actually need to be effective.

Edited by luna65

I would try a lot less and work your way up if you aren't getting hits. It took me a couple years to figure out I need a LOT more than most people. The enhanced fragrances rarely do anything for me.

Ah, thanks for the helpful responses everyone. It does sound like I'm overdoing it a bit and should cut back.

To clarify though, it's not so much about increasing hits as trying to cut down the level of perfume scent I'm wafting. I think I'm over-scenting myself, and one reason for this is I always feel like the phero-enhanced fragrances need more sprays because they have a smaller amount of pheros in them. So I was hesitant to believe that if I try just 2 sprays of a phero-enhanced scent that the pheros would still be working. This is why I thought adding extra of the UN might help. But it sounds like some people are getting some good results with relatively little of the pheromas, so I'll cut back, not add any extra to start, and see where that leaves me.

I do like the pheromas very much, and have had more hits with them than UNs, I just had this mindset that I needed to wear lots of them, lol. Sounds like it's time for an experiment in un-slathering.

I always feel like the phero-enhanced fragrances need more sprays because they have a smaller amount of pheros in them. So I was hesitant to believe that if I try just 2 sprays of a phero-enhanced scent that the pheros would still be working.

I think I remember Mara saying that even at 333mcg, the phero-enhanced scents still contain a lot more pheromone than what one would normally give off, so they're still pretty potent. With most of the pheromas I do a lollypop, and if it's a social blend I might put an inch or two on one forearm & then smoosh it together with the other forearm. And if it has cops in it, I always wind up with a small amount on my wrists, because I smoosh the lollypop to speed the dry-down time. If a blend has androstenone in it, I tend to be a bit more conservative in how much I apply - -enone can make me bitchy.

I'm kind of on the other spectrum from you: I always want more scent, and worry about applying too much phero. It's for that reason that I tend not to boost any of my scents, except with cops. That way I can control how much phero I apply (the amount I need varies a bit with different phero blends), while slathering my scent to my heart's content. I do love my phero-enhanced scents, but sometimes I find myself wishing that I could apply more of the scent without overdoing the phero.

I'm with Halo. I also need more than seems to be the norm,At least 5 sprays or a 12 inch strip of roll-on divided ,or I notice neither selfies nor hits. And i am talking about Uns

Edited by fluffygirl12

Wow Fluffygirl, that is quite a lot! I suspect I'm often using way more of the pheros than I really need. I think I tend more towards being a bit of a phero-lightweight, but I have a heavy trigger finger, lol. I find myself being wiped out from pheros really easily when I wear them a lot too, so I think that's partially from overdoing it.

I should probably go back to really minimal amounts to test exactly how much or little of each one will work for me, but I don't like the idea of not having them work for me in the process. I kind of want to have my cake and eat it to.

Eggers, I think you're right, they are probably still going to be pretty effective even at lower amounts of usage. I just have to get used to being less of a rampaging phero-hog.

I like having a good amount of scent on too, but after years of using commercial perfumes, and then switching to the much lovelier LPs, I feel like my ability to judge when enough is enough has been eroded. I get lots of compliments on my scents, but I've also realised on occasion that I've kind of hit people over the head with the level of scent I'm wearing. So I'm going for a bit of a more subtle impact now. I tried following the suggestion of spraying your scent once in front of you and walking into it. This worked well for spreading the scent further over the surface of my clothes, but I felt the need to repeat the manoeuvre twice more for extra scenting levels. I'll give your oil techniques a go though, that sounds like a good medium level.