Swimming With Sharks Question

So here's the situation. My partner works in a company filled with a lot of inept people who have inflated egos and brown noses. Yes,I know, a common situation. Well he is not a member of the Golden Children With Brown Noses Society so he is obviously on the outside and somewhat invisible (I can relate). I am not being at all biased when I say that he is one of only a handful of people within this very large company who really know what they are doing, do it really well and is conscientious to a flaw. They encourage input from people and when he offers input, all agree it is helpful and constructive and concede that his suggestions are exactly what they must put into action, but that is all promptly ignored, and it is a vicious circle. I am thinking he might benefit from Swimming With Sharks at work so that perhaps he will be HEARD when he speaks and maybe even get a bit of respect in the bargain. My concern is this, "If he uses this at work and then comes home with it on, what sort of effects could they have on ME?" I want to help him out with people at work, but I am not one who wants to be feeling those effects towards my man. And also can this one cause people t o become cocky and full of themselves? Has anyone had any weird experiences with this one? I would welcome any of your thoughts on this. Thanks.

My concern is this, "If he uses this at work and then comes home with it on, what sort of effects could they have on ME?" I want to help him out with people at work, but I am not one who wants to be feeling those effects towards my man. And also can this one cause people t o become cocky and full of themselves?

I guess I don't see why this is a concern? I don't believe it would negatively affect the context of your relationship, I haven't experienced anything weird in using it, it just assists in dealing with people who harbor negativity towards me, but if anything I suppose it would help those people who are already positive towards me be more positive. But I guess if you're potentially leery of him having any kind of phero-related advantage with you then you probably shouldn't risk it at all.

Thanks Luna. We have long standing relationship problems to be honest. But..our relationship is also one where I might be able to level with him and tell him "this might be helpful to you with people at work, but if it doesn't let things move smoothly between US when you come home, then I think it might be a good idea for both of us if you wash it off and replace it with Perfect Match?" I really would love to give him a much needed edge at the workplace, but not at the cost of making things more tense between US. Just trying to make an educated decision, so am turning to those with a lot more experience with pheros than me. Thank you again. I do appreciate and respect your opinion.

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

Hi Rose,

Swimming with sharks does lend an air of respect and authority, but its not in a domineering way. It does not give a hard edge or anything. So if you are concerned that this could either make him a dictator or make you want to comply with the wishes of a dictator, or just generally create strife..SWS is not like that.

Edited by Honeycake

Every time I have used this blend it's made other people behave in a very solicitous way towards me, but without me ever trying to encourage this behaviour in any way. It's never made me feel different at all- doesn't increase my confidence or make me feel like changing my behaviour and interactions with others. It just seems to make other people want, of their own accord, to please me. And I have to say it's always gone beyond the level of mere pleasing communications- people actually want to take action to accommodate me.

I've not tried it around anyone unpleasant yet, so it's always just taken the interaction level from normal polite/pleasant to actively and extra respectfully pleasant. As to how this might effect you if he's wearing it, I couldn't say. Maybe it would make you feel like cooking a nice meal for the two of you, or initiating something like that. I wouldn't think it would turn you into a drooling mindless zombie-slave though, lol. And I'm sure it won't transform him into a manipulative sociopathic monster either. Joking of course, but hey- how interesting it would be to see what might happen if you were both wearing the same blend! You might just go around all evening doing pleasant things for each other and having a wonderful time.

Edited by vladmyra

Hi Rose,

Swimming with sharks does lend an air of respect and authority, but its not in a domineering way. It does not give a hard edge or anything. So if you are concerned that this could either make him a dictator or make you want to comply with the wishes of a dictator, or just generally create strife..SWS is not like that.

Thanks honeycakes, this is sort of the heart of what I was concerned about, so good to know. :)

Every time I have used this blend it's made other people behave in a very solicitous way towards me, but without me ever trying to encourage this behaviour in any way. It's never made me feel different at all- doesn't increase my confidence or make me feel like changing my behaviour and interactions with others. It just seems to make other people want, of their own accord, to please me. And I have to say it's always gone beyond the level of mere pleasing communications- people actually want to take action to accommodate me.

I've not tried it around anyone unpleasant yet, so it's always just taken the interaction level from normal polite/pleasant to actively and extra respectfully pleasant. As to how this might effect you if he's wearing it, I couldn't say. Maybe it would make you feel like cooking a nice meal for the two of you, or initiating something like that. I wouldn't think it would turn you into a drooling mindless zombie-slave though, lol. And I'm sure it won't transform him into a manipulative sociopathic monster either. Joking of course, but hey- how interesting it would be to see what might happen if you were both wearing the same blend! You might just go around all evening doing pleasant things for each other and having a wonderful time.

Vladmyra, thank you for putting my paranoid thoughts to rest! And LOL! What a cool idea to try having both of us wear it! We could really accomplish a lot with this! Thank you so much. Now I am really, really intrigued! :)