OK, hoping someone can help me...

Warning: TMI Alert; but, hey, vicarious drama can be fun!

To re-cap: In addition to scoring me a cool new haircut and 2 free croissants, "Empathy Potion" and "Heart and Soul" have made my life a lot easier vis-à-vis my personality-disordered soon-to-be ex, "Biffy the Narcissist*.

What I want is to get a signed settlement so we can complete the divorce. Haven't got that yet, but the stuff is definitely keeping him mellow. Gone is the constant muttering about how his life sucks because he'll have to go from keeping all the money to giving me some while I keep my paycheck, too.

Now instead he just pets me on the head and brings me a cup of tea and says that he wishes I'd stay.

I'm thinking a big no on that one, but this sure beats being glared at like I'm Satan's niece.

But....come the end of May, I WILL be leaving. I'll be going on a vacation trip with my family for a month, then sayonara, au revoir, thanks for the memories that turned out to be inaccurate because you lied to me for the better part of 3 decades.

I'm guessing it might be one of those "I hate you; don't leave me" situations.

So: what's the magic pheromone to make him not really care when I leave?

I've got The Big Easy with Teddy BB on order, along with a trial of Levitation Potion and the newbie sampler. But I could always make another order if I had a weak excuse for doing so.

Yes, I know that pheromones are NOT going to make this OK.

I'll be happy if he just doesn't scent my fear.

*Not his real name

Edited by Goddessinjapan

I'd say throw on some Dom and get an attorney or a least professional mediation.

Pheros are helpful at keeping you strong and letting someone know not to fuck with you, though, you need to be in the room with them to get the hit. I'd go SWS or Dom.

Being friendly or empathetic is always a good policy in theory. But, as I found out, people will ultimately do what they want or at least what they can get away with. It may not be because he is the devil but simply because as a defense mechanism he may choose to see the thing "his" way.

IMO, It is actually civil and less painful and drawn out. Be smart, move on quickly. IMO men usually find that more desirable in the end as well.

just IMO from my experience.

Hmmmm....Ms. StacyK makes tons of sense. Not to mention, in college I actually did answer the hall phone in the dorm like Dorothy Parker until I was told quite sharply to quit.

Unfortunately or fortunately, with all assets overseas, no chance to do much but bluff. I've consulted attorneys in the US, France, and Japan, and the advice was, "you'd be better off hoping he does the right thing". Great. But I can't say there's 0% chance. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have my level of info and thinks American divorce is scary and to be avoided.

And we are in the same room sometimes when it's daylight.

But you are SO right, StacyK...of course all defense mechanisms will be fully extended. I mean, look at me...I'm being semi-duplicitous and everything.

So...I bet the Dom will not be well-received, but I can get some and try it out over dinner some night. If CNN reports someone getting stabbed with a fork, that'll be me.

SWS might be more the thing. "She knows what she's doing, and that's actually kind of cool" is my interpretation from the catalogue decription.

I think what I want is "I feel magnanimous today, can I sign something to help the little lady out?" But not, "because I want to never let her go".

Anyway, bottom line, I'll end up single, so I already win.

Edited by Goddessinjapan

I haven't tried SWS (thought it sounds like a good one for what you need), but have liked the effects of leather. It may be good to have more than one in case he responds better to one than another. Just suggestions. Good luck with your situation and let us know how things go.

Hmmmm....Ms. StacyK makes tons of sense. Not to mention, in college I actually did answer the hall phone in the dorm like Dorothy Parker until I was told quite sharply to quit.

Unfortunately or fortunately, with all assets overseas, no chance to do much but bluff. I've consulted attorneys in the US, France, and Japan, and the advice was, "you'd be better off hoping he does the right thing". Great. But I can't say there's 0% chance. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have my level of info and thinks American divorce is scary and to be avoided.

And we are in the same room sometimes when it's daylight.

But you are SO right, StacyK...of course all defense mechanisms will be fully extended. I mean, look at me...I'm being semi-duplicitous and everything.

So...I bet the Dom will not be well-received, but I can get some and try it out over dinner some night. If CNN reports someone getting stabbed with a fork, that'll be me.

SWS might be more the thing. "She knows what she's doing, and that's actually kind of cool" is my interpretation from the catalogue decription.

I think what I want is "I feel magnanimous today, can I sign something to help the little lady out?" But not, "because I want to never let her go".

Anyway, bottom line, I'll end up single, so I already win.

Oh, I see. I would still say SWS and if you want to soften it up a bit instead of Dom use Leather. They are the girl in charge (leather has a soft edge but it's still in control) and get respect pheros. I do understand tho that you have an extensively complicated situation there.

I'd still go lawyer and court. Good luck.

I agree you will be better off. It's scary but worth the trip. like they say " If you're going thru hell, keep going!" It does get better. You'll have better things coming to you. Hey you already found us! :D

Edited by StacyK

Not sure what to advise you to do here. With pheros, I would definitely keep doing whatever works. Treasured Hearts is also great for tense situations with those that are close to us, for whatever reason. You may even try Open Windows, that always seemed to work on my soon to be ex-husband. If you want to go any other routes, let me know, & I can recommend some stuff for you. & Good Luck! I wasn't with my husband for as long (10 yrs), but we're going through a divorce right now & he is making it nasty. I completely empathize with you.

The few times I've worn SWS it has had people wanting to do things for me, offer me things, or generally behave in an actively solicitous manner towards me, so I would give it a definite go. It doesn't make you appear domineering (which I think a man of his type would really hate), it's a rather smooth-over-the-edges plus add a great big dollop of helpfulness and respect blend. It's a real pity you can't order it in the Phero-charged Money Potion that came out late last year, because that would give you a magical boost on the financial side as well. Maybe look on people's trade pages and see if anyone's trying to get rid of one. Good luck with your divorce.

Edited by vladmyra

Thanks so much, everyone!!

Vladmyra, Money Potion would have been great, but I ended up getting this one:

Lap of Luxury

We bring you a business-minded blend designed to go green: the clean and fresh elements of olive leaf, osmanthus, red and green clover, tomato leaf, sweet grass, maile vine, and aloe make this the purr-fectly pleasant workplace scent which also encourages prosperity and success (we used only four-leaf clovers in our accords to give you all the luck you need!).

And to give it the winning edge we've enhanced it with 333 mcg per bottle of our exclusive pheromone blend SWIMMING WITH SHARKS. This mix lends an air of respect, appeases and calms people who may bristle against those in authority, and helps people to really listen to what you have to say. All cats of commerce crave the lap of luxury, so jump up and claim it for yourself!

This fragrance and pheromone blend may be worn by both women and men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

OLIVE LEAF ~ Peace, power, riches, potency, fertility, healing, protection, lust.

OSMANTHUS ~ Potency, fertility, healing, peace, protection, lust. Love & romance.

CLOVER ~ Luck, protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing.

GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.

TOMATO LEAF ~ Love and wealth attraction, repelling of negativity.

ALOE ~ Luck, healing, success, protection.

MAILE VINE ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.

TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

----

Wish me luck, y'all!

Edited by Goddessinjapan

Yes, good luck. Do remember it takes a bit of practice with a new phero. Also I do agree with Beccah that TH might be another good one. I don't get much in the way of selifies but I do get good effects with others.

Good luck and definitely keep us updated.