Totem : Horse

Beccah

AD-TotemHorse_1.jpg

Totem: Horse

Throughout human history, the horse has served as a valuable companion and strong ally. The grace and stamina of Horse serves as example and reminder for our own efforts to emerge victorious in strife and honorable in conflict. Grant yourself the protective and powerful abilities of Horse with our totem tribute. The scented focus of coffee accords blended with friendly notes of hay, vetiver, rhubarb, and strawberries with a swirl of sweetened cream and walnut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HAY ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness.
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
RHUBARB ~ Protection, fidelity, willpower.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
WALNUT ~Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

The more I look at these notes the more excited I get. I don't think I've seen anything with rhubarb since Prophetic Pie. And hay? Coffee? Vetiver? Cream? I think this might be the first one I try when sampler arrives!

Hmm. I don't get much rhubarb or strawberry. Mostly vetiver and coffee. It's a very spicy scent on me.

Same here, Molls. I was hoping for some brightness from the strawberries, but I'm getting a sweetish coffee-hay scent, which is nice. I'll likely use and enjoy my vial, but that's it. This scent actually reminds me of a Cops and Robbers minus the jelly.

I did a blind grab and put this on. My nose is useless. You'd think by now I'd be able to identify at least one note in anything accurately. When pressed for notes (by myself) I said "butter? something spicy?" but could not even identify a spice. Of course it turns out no spices in this. :r: Early on I thought I got a whiff of grass; must have been misinterpreting the hay that way. At least I was vaguely aware that it was vaguely foody. It actually smells quite a lot like Goddess Oil to me...that same creaminess.

The sweet hay makes me think of Night of Delight, of course, and I really like this one! The strawberry/rhubarb aspect is nicely balanced: not too tart, not too sweet, and there is a creamy sweetness underlying the entire blend. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that the coffee doesn't make it from the vial to my skin, just a little whiff if I snorf it deep and close.

Oooo! Out of the vial this was all sweet fruitiness, then I think I got the walnut and hay right on it's heels. This is foodier than I expected I think because I read hay and thought "not food like" :D The coffee isn't jumping out at me but I'm really liking this walnut note... it smells like a cobbler fruit desert! That's it!

:eating-pie:

I get mostly coffee and walnut from this. No fruit, maybe a hint far away in the background. It's doing something weird on my skin, it's almost dusty-I'll have to try again another time.

• 9 months later...

Starting out, I get a lot of the sweetness from what I'm assuming is the strawberry, vetiver, and sugar, while the hay and coffee remains in the background but steadily present. On drydown, there's nothing but coffee and hay to me and the fragrance settles in to being even and spicy. There's something about Totem: Horse that really reminds me of Wheat Siren, but sweeter. I compared the notes but they have nothing in common. Perhaps the hay feels like oats and wheat to me? Anyway, I like the way the scent started out but overall, it's not very "me" so I'll be leaving it in trial vial form.

Oh, I love this! Wet, the strawberry and rhubarb come through ahead of everything else. After drying, the coffee and hay come forward as the fruit steps back a bit..still there, but faint. I grew up in the Midwestern US, surrounded by farms and grazing fields. This captures grandma's strawberry rhubarb tart and coffee after dinner during the summertime. I'm sitting at the harvest table outside, sun setting, the hay growing tall in the adjacent field, cows conversing beneath the massive maple tree in the pasture. I'm a kid again, and summers last forever!

Edited by Wanderlust

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is very pretty and delicate on me. I was shocked to learn there aren't any oats in this because I definitely get a sense of oatmeal, lightly sugared, sunwarmed hay, and bright but soft strawberry with maybe a touch of rhubarb to keep it from going too sweet. No coffee whatsoever; this is light, cheerful, and almost airy on me. It reminds me of a summer morning.

• 4 months later...

After reading the reviews here, I decided to put a bit of this on to see if it would get past the rotten fruit smell that hit me straight out of the sample. Sure enough, within a minute or two, it was all walnuts, oatmeal and cream. It actually smells just like a protein bar I've had a few times (can't put my finger on which one it is). Definitely not me, but now I know that I shouldn't judge a scent based on what I get when I open the top. When I'm not smelling it close up, (6 or so inches away), I get a light touch of sweet strawberry. I like that part!! :Emoticons04263:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh give me a home where the Buffalo roam,and the deer and the antelope play,where seldom is heard a discouraging word,and the skies are not cloudy all day!

This is so nice! It's casual, comfortable,like a favorite worn hoodie or an old favorite pair of jeans. It makes me feel content where I am, be that at home or away. It's wonderful! Like a perfect blue sky summer day in your old cutoffs, outside reading and having a cup of creamy coffee and jammy toast on the porch. It's a sweet and tasty scent, morphing through a rich coffee with extra extra cream and sugar, to a bowl of strawberries amidst a sun dappled field of grain. Soft in the tactile sense (but strong in presence! One of the best totems for longevity and sillage.), Foodie, and naturely (yeah not a word, I Know!). Comfortable and cozy, a companion of scent perfect for any setting except the highly swanky. I almost didn't get this one because the reviews are sorta lacking, but I'm so glad I did! Fans of sweet gourmands should try this, in fact if you dig strawberries or creamy coffee,try it! Those are the main notes and it's a combination worth smelling. The nuts and hay make a grainy backdrop. I can practically see the breeze blowing through wheat fields in the drydown. Very original, very good!

ETA: Anyone who missed Arcana's Poison Candy might enjoy this. They have some similar qualities.

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 1 month later...

I got this as a sample and this was the first scent I've tried. I can't sniff this too closely or I'll smell something like (burnt?) rubber or plastic. I'm bad with notes description honestly but there's something a bit too strong that I can't put my nose on the application points. Upon dry down though, I can smell the strawberry and then eventually the scent would remind me of the oat and milk soap I used way back. By the way, I had an allergic reaction upon application. I swiped the wand around my neck and after a few minutes, I noticed that the area turned really red like a had a red necklace ::P: That didn't happen in the crook of my elbows.