Totem: Seal

Beccah

AD-TotemSeal_1.jpg

Totem: Seal

Loveable Seal is charming and playful and will steal your heart as quickly as these animals can plunge into the sea. In tribute to Seal's potent water magic and upbeat nature we've crafted a lovely scented totem. Evening Primrose and hyacinth enhanced with ambergris and vanilla, freshened by a splash of watermelon and aquatic accords with a fuzzy base of amber and musk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WATERMELON ~ Water magic, fertility.
EVENING PRIMROSE ~ Attracts love and sexual interest, fertility.

Inspires respect & loyalty in children. Draws truth from liars, protection.

HYACINTH ~ Attracts love and luck; protection, playfulness, joy, relieves grief, eases childbirth.

Dependability, constancy, friendship.
AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy
,fluid of life. Renewal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

This is so me...It's the first one I read that spoke to me without any reservations. I must try.

Don't see Monkey but that's my other must.

Yes, I know, I ordered this one, too, right away along with Monkey! I just love all of the notes (in both), and can't wait until they arrive in my mailbox. Problem is, that I keep ordering more. Gotta do something about that compulsive clicking instinct...

now, to an Eskimo, a "nommable" seal means something else entirely, but we won't go there right now ;)

on me, this one is a very musky light floral. There may be a touch of fruitiness in there, but it's mostly musk and breezy florals. If the ambergris is making it seem more rich and "fuzzy", I can smell it, or maybe that's something else, lol. The musk is strong in this one, not sure if I could wear it...

OK, here's a surprise: something went tangy menthol on me with this! It retreated quickly, but for a moment it was Tickle Tickle revisited. I have no idea which note it could be since this is all dainty florals and a touch of fruit. I'll be curious to see how it wears in a longer drydown.

This one reminds me somewhat of Agua Fresca - the watermelon is rather more tart than sweet. But I'm really surprised this one isn't giving me a migraine considering the ingredients; it's more watery than flowery. like I thought it might be (Dolphin turned out to be the flowery aquatic for me). Very refreshing if you like that sort of thing.

Does this smell like a margarita to anyone else? No? Just me? :P The first five minutes or so of this is a deliciously foody, and for some reason lemon lime, scent. Then the musk and primrose come out and this becomes more perfumey, kind of velvety smooth. It's a deep, rich scent, much more than I would have expected, but it's unobtrusive. This reminds me of lounging by the river outside this condo we rented for vacation a couple of years in my early teen years. A great scent memory!

Blind grabbed this today. My first thought was of lady frost and snow musk. My useless nose detected spearmint but at least also vanilla and musk. Now that I know it's got flowers, they're very obvious :D but I get a strong plumeria. ? Quite nice (and not in the British way)!

This goes very musky floral on me. It's an almost fuzzy type of musk, with sweet florals as a backdrop. It's a "cool" very cold type of scent- I can see where you got the spearmint in your head Tyvey, because I think I get that too. It's got to be the watermelon I think.

There's something about this that seems very grown up and elegant...

Instead of picturing a baby seal I'm picturing an old black and white movie where the star is wearing a long black fitted dress with a white seal fur draped over her shoulders with one of those long thin black cigarette holders poised in one hand in a statuesque pose, hair perfectly placed with a black hat and black lace hiding half of her face....

That does NOTHING to describe the smell though :lol: On me it's definitely floral first and I do like ambergris and that water note, very unique but not a 'me' scent even though I think it's quite lovely :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had to put a bit of this on one arm today.. so many NRs to get through and next to tiger I've been dying to try it. I really like the Musk in this, faintly aquatic, fresh and floral all those elements lightly blend together. I know it's a top note but the watermelon feels, to me more like the "heart" note. A fresh, tart, "red "drop at the center of a gently, refreshing, happy scent. As the watermelon heats up on my skin it threatens to go "jolly rancher", but stops short of that. All I could think as I wore this was if I could just disperse the watermelon note, break it up a bit. ahh A Spray. That's what this needs to be for me. I see a spray in my future with this maybe boosted with TH or G2. I do love the way this smells on my skin and if I just didn't amp the watermelon.. well the concept is lovely.

I've been is this mode, let's call it the Rainbow Falls phase.. I like these light, outdoorsy scents with a boost from a happy social. Natch the expectation is to go OW, which would be good. But, this type of scent with the other socials is so fabulous. A congruent match but just a bit unexpected, catching me by SUPRISE.

Again my one con is that it does not last long on my skin. But, I think it's still worth it.

Edited by StacyK

I'm not sure about this one yet as far as full bottles go but it is nice. I wish the fresh splashy thing didn't disappear so fast though. It smells like there's almost sandalwood in it but maybe that's the ambergris?

i was so disappointed that the watermelon disappeared so quickly for me. However it is a nice soft floral. I cant really pick out any of the individual flowers but it is pretty.