Totem: Wolf

Beccah

AD-TotemWolf_1.jpg

LUPINE ~ Also known as Bluebonnet and Wolf Flower, they are representative of wolves in folklore, and aid communication and imagination.
SWEETGRASS ~ Attracts positive energy and good spirits. Excellent for popularity uses, as it draws people toward the scent.
CANNABIS ~ The ceremonial, ritual and medical use of marijuana dates back over 5,000 years. Variously used as a love potion, to deflect the power of witches, for communication with the spiritual realm, divination, luck and protection from evil.
RED MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
STORAX ~ Healing, mental acuity, relaxation, sensual, love drawing, deflection of negativity.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.
TARRAGON ~ Improves mental alertness and clarity, dispels negative influences.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods. (just a DROP of this to complete the magic)
LEATHER ~ The musky scent of leather inspires feelings of lust, personal power, and provides a hint of danger.

Just ordered a sample of this as well as a few of the others. Wolf is am important totem animal to me. I am part Native American (Mic Mac) and studied under the teachings of an elder of the Seneca Wolf Clan: "Grandmother Twylah" (who is now passed) and my youngest son's native name that was given to him by White Thunder when he was a baby is Little Sun Wolf. Could not resist this one.....maybe he will like it too!

Edited by Olderbutwiser

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of a fragrance from years ago by Alternative Breeding called Bulletproof; it is totally the smell of some supernatural creature like a werewolf or vampire, heh. Not entirely sticking with the totem here, I know, but that's where my brain goes...to my werewolf about whom I have written various stories. Anyway, what I get at first are the naughty man notes of cannabis, leather, tobacco, smoke and the musk, and that's everything I love in male fragrance, it makes me purr! The musk is especially wonderful, but there's a metallic kind of topnote when I first put it on, that's what really reminds me of Bulletproof. As it dries down some of the other elements peek out, blending with the musk, which keeps everything bound in its influence. But guys, don't be afeared this is going to get you arrested for possession or anything, it's more suggestive than actual.

Incredibly sexy, much like Bear I must have this, and I don't even care if I don't get to slather it on the Quincebeast!

I'm glad I reread your post Luna. I was just going to ask the dork question of whether this was going to cause me to test positive for all the "random" urine tests I get subjected to at work. I forgot it had cannabis in it until just now after I've already slathered myself in this!!

I love the review you gave as I can completely see where you get that feel. It feels a bit more male to me and I am beginning to love anything with leather in it. Usually smoke comes out strongly on me and I've learned I have to be careful. To say sometimes I smell smokin' hot is not necessarily a compliment. However, here it's very much in the background. There's almost an ethereal feel. Quite sexy indeed.

I gave this its second trial last night and I am sold. It's the perfect summer scent -- fresh and fierce and wild, and I totally second the shapeshifter reference! It's unisex, but part of the magic is that I think it will be very masculine on a guy but very female (as opposed to feminine) on a woman. I had this on my left arm and Bear on my right and the energies were INTENSE. I thought I was done with purchases for May, but I may need a bottle of each.

I had to go full bottle. I am amazed at the fresh and light I get when it has smoke, leather and tobacco. On me it drys down to very female, light musky, yet wild. This is a total winner for me.

SJM, are you getting oil or spray? I'm really torn -- this one is so "natural" that I like the idea of oil blooming and wearing close to the skin, but at the same time there is an airiness that makes me think a spray might be phenomenal...

I am going for oil. I ordered some great 5ml glass atomizer bottles and I have alcohol from artfire so I am going to do my on little sample of spray to check out in spray. If its good that way I see another bottle in my future. I like it that much.

Edited - correction they are 4ml

Edited by seajammarket

This has lots of goodies in it I like and a few I had no idea about :lol: Smoke, tobacco, leather...now I know what red musk is...and cannabis as a note? I don't know if I'm smelling it or not, I suppose it's safe to say I must find it agreeable. Sweet grass is still new to me and I like teakwood...What is it that is barely something sweet, like an after thought and then it wisps away as though it was never there at all? Must have the man wear this for me :hubbahubba:

This is a great scent. Period. I am going to play with it a little more only to decide if it is one or two bottles. I am pretty much sold on two bottles right now. Very masculine and overall very smooth with just a few sharp edges to catch your interest.

Edited by quietguy

ToTem blind grab trials continued today with this. WOW- LPs are always evocative but this one really clobbered me. Intense visuals and sounds of presumably stereotypical 70s stuff: I heard Close to You and Top of the World, and saw women with glossy parted lips and feathered hair in gauzy soft focus through a vaselined lens, and brown/mustard interiors and macrame, and I heard a commercial with the whispered words "Shalimar" and something Shoulders ?? and I saw the belle de jour movie poster.

As usual I cannot identify any notes. But I picture it being a caramel smoky light brown, so I'm going to guess...a blond pale sandalwood...but I seem to be getting something forest-y too, though not wood and not fir. Mossy maybe?

Men's fragrance whaaaaat usually anything remotely even unisex is way too masculine for me, but I can't even begin to picture this on a guy. It's Angelina Jolie in the 70s in mockneck yellow cashmere and tweed bell bottoms and camel colored Mary Jane platforms. Very, very, very Grown Up Lady 70s sex kitten. Obvious compatible pheros imo are LFM and somehow I see it being a great fit for Leather- it gave me an intense feeling of almost excessive confidence.

Now THAT'S a review!!!

Now THAT'S a review!!!

I'll say! And I have no idea what all the references are to, but it makes me want to find out because I feel like I've missed something incredibly fascinating!

and something Shoulders ??

You're thinking of White Shoulders, I believe.

And I have no idea what all the references are to, but it makes me want to find out because I feel like I've missed something incredibly fascinating!

So you grew up in the 80s then?

So you grew up in the 80s then?

Yeah, if I were to hear pretty much anything from the 80's I'd probably recognize it. didn't really start paying attention and picking favorite groups until the 90s, all the grunge, industrial and alternative goodies :):heart:

"Intense visuals and sounds of presumably stereotypical 70s stuff: I heard Close to You and Top of the World, and saw women with glossy parted lips and feathered hair in gauzy soft focus through a vaselined lens, and brown/mustard interiors and macrame, and I heard a commercial with the whispered words "Shalimar" and something Shoulders ?? and I saw the belle de jour movie poster. ...... It's Angelina Jolie in the 70s in mockneck yellow cashmere and tweed bell bottoms and camel colored Mary Jane platforms. Very, very, very Grown Up Lady 70s sex kitten. Obvious compatible pheros imo are LFM and somehow I see it being a great fit for Leather- it gave me an intense feeling of almost excessive confidence.".......TYVEY

I'll say! And I have no idea what all the references are to, but it makes me want to find out because I feel like I've missed something incredibly fascinating!

Now I know why I love this one......I'M OLD..... :crutches: :crutches:

Edited by seajammarket

Hardly seajammarket!

The line that stands out the most to me (because I know who AJ is) was, "It's Angelina Jolie in the 70s in mockneck yellow cashmere and tweed bell bottoms and camel colored Mary Jane platforms." It sounds like and awful outfit :blushing: but I bet it would look good on AJ, I can't imagine anything would look awful on her. I imagine it would take an alpha vibe to rock something like that. :banana011: The movie Austin Powers: Gold Member, comes to mind....Foxxy Cleopatra.

Edited by NuTrix

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I usually can't go do unisex fragrances, but I think I like this one. I'm getting mostly leather, smoke and sweet grass. There's something waaay in the background that I registering as soapy. There's a freshness and smokiness that are blending so nice. I would love to smell this on a guy. Although, I would probably wear it too.

• 3 weeks later...

I dug out my sample of this the other night, as I wait for my Monster Order to arrive with my two bottles of Wolf... I just love this. It is at one and the same time fresh and earthy and somehow both very clean (the total opposite of any of the dirty honeys, for example) and kind of dirty (MUCH naughtier than Sneaky Clean or X Appeal, for example) at the same time. I don't know Mara does it, but she really captured the Wolf energy here! It's wild and powerful and free.

It also has serious staying power on me -- when I woke up this morning, I could still smell traces on my skin.

I have an oil bottle boosted with cops coming, and a spray with half a boost of Leather. I cannot wait!

And for the record, I am pretty sure if I smelled this on a guy I would follow him home.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go full bottle. I am amazed at the fresh and light I get when it has smoke, leather and tobacco. On me it drys down to very female, light musky, yet wild. This is a total winner for me.

I love how it smells on the bottle and I really enjoy how it smells but after awhile it transforms on my skin to soft sweet and feminine on my skin.That might be a deal breaker for me . Everything else is amazing but meh after it morphs on my skin.

• 9 months later...

Okay somebody said White Shoulders....I loved that in high school. I want to order NOW....but I am making myself wait til April new releases. Word on the street is it has a fairy theme.

• 1 year later...

Wolf is an animal I've loved and have felt a connection to since I was very young. I believe Wolf is one of my main spirit animals, if not numbed one. When the totem releases came out, I was so brand new to LPMP that I didn't jump on this. Thank goodness I got a bottle in the last sale!

So, when I first got this I smelled it on the bottle and wasn't sure how I felt about it. I set it aside. Another day, I tried it but it was hot and humid and I think that affected the scent on me. Not too sure. Today, I've been thinking of wolf a lot. I've been studying wolf as a spirit animal and then realized I really haven't tried this.

I opened the bottle and smelled it. Wasn't so sure still. I shook it A LOT then smelled it again. Better. Shook it again and way more than any other LP and JACKPOT! (I learned I'm probably still not shaking these enough.)

Anyway, this is WONDERFUL! It's a very beautiful unisex scent. I get images of wolf in woods, running with the pack, wolf with the love and loyalty of the pack, the long wolf, the alpha male and alpha female. It's wild yet so comforting.

I'm a huge fan of sweet grass. I like to collect it and dry it. It smells so good! I'm learning I love it in perfume too. That mixed with the wood, tobacco , plus the green from the herbs and cannabis and then that red musk makes this feel very natural yet somehow a little refined.It's giving me this feeling of strength and confidence but it's what you see in a wolf's eyes when she's sitting in the woods and looking at you straight in your eyes. I don't know how else to explain that. All I know is that I love this. I can't wait to see how it is after the long dry down.

ETA: The long dry down was close to perfect. It was this skin musk that still had this wild energy feel to it in more of a resting state. I couldn't stop huffing my wrists. It was soft yet confident. I'm guessing it was mostly the red musk at that point because I think that's where the wild energy feeling was coming from, like this hint of red on my skin. Love it!

Edited by tink333

• 9 months later...

This is a great perfume for this time of year, ie;high summer, especially those humid,balmy nights. It's definitely lupine,and far lighter than these notes would lead you to believe just by looking at them. The main players to pop out at me are leather, smoke and red musk. I don't read anything blue floral but there's a cool sweetness to it that does make it quite unisex. There's a fluidity to this. I sort of see a seventies reference to scents more like Charlie original or Cachet, but it's more evocative, to me anyway of the actual animal. A furry, musky shapeshifter slinking through a hot night with a high full moon in the sky and campfires burning in the distance. Very nice! Im sure this visual is influenced by what this IS, but it certainly captures it's intent wholeheartedly!

A furry, musky shapeshifter slinking through a hot night with a high full moon in the sky and campfires burning in the distance. Very nice! Im sure this visual is influenced by what this IS, but it certainly captures it's intent wholeheartedly!

Nice Cheesy. :)

I'm getting a bottle for my son.

I have wanted to pretty much since it came out. I still have my trial. Which I keep for me. But, mostly I get man scent in the long-term. But, It has an edge that says women who can handle it can play too. I love red musk (Mara really consider keeping that one, please).

The whole scent has a languid outdoors feel. ?

Cheesy caught it perfectly when she said. "High Summer".

I'm so glad there are a couple of bottles left.

Wouldn't this be nice with Charisma.

Edited by StacyK

• 1 year later...

This has a fresh, outdoorsy feel on me with the smoke lending more of an impression of warmth, like when I put on a shirt straight out of the dryer. Perfect for when I want to be outside and can't :)

• 4 weeks later...

Wearing this one this morning, sitting next to my man. He says "it smells like a new guitar." Leather, teakwood, cannabis, tobacco, and smoke! That's definitely New Guitar Smell.