Totem: Bear

Beccah

AD-TotemBear_1.jpg

Totem: Bear
As one of the most powerful figures of Native American symbolism, the bear stands strong and fierce within its domain. If this animal's centering aspect calls to you, with messages of balance and renewal, you can take into yourself the potency and protection of Bear's habitat as well as one of the favorite delicacies which defines Bear's irrepressible sweet tooth! Four types of golden sweet honey dripping from the comb and a foraged bounty of nuts, blended with woodland accents – mahogany, cedar, balsam and muhuhu – and layered with a wilderness aura of musk and earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
MUHUHU ~ Aphrodisiac, grounding and relaxing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MUSK ~
Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight,
talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
PEANUT ~ Aggressive energy.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

It's a blend of four different types so hopefully the chances of it playing nice with your chemistry are that much greater. :D

It's a variant of MUAHAHA~!! j/k

Good one, katz!

I can honestly say I have never heard of MUHUHU!!

MU neither.

Anytime I read Balsalm it reminds me of Ken's Steakhouse Balsamic Vinagrette dressing I happen to have in my fridge right now.

Anything with balsalm from LP soothes me.. so I guess I can state that the LPs with balsam they do their job.

Peanut. :mellow: What will peanut do....stuff with peanut smells a lot like peanut more than anything else...I doubt it will be that dominant...but I'm scurd...

Edited by NuTrix

Love it love it love it! I went right for this one. First on, I get a blast of cedar and balsam, which I love. They actually steal the show for the first ten to fifteen minutes. Then I get a nice warm wood. There's something softly floral about it but I can't imagine where that comes from. The honey perhaps? No musk or nuts yet, but I anticipate at least the musk coming out in the long dry down. I think this might smell good on the men folks too. I will have to test that theory at some point.

Love it love it love it! I went right for this one. First on, I get a blast of cedar and balsam, which I love. They actually steal the show for the first ten to fifteen minutes. Then I get a nice warm wood. There's something softly floral about it but I can't imagine where that comes from. The honey perhaps? No musk or nuts yet, but I anticipate at least the musk coming out in the long dry down. I think this might smell good on the men folks too. I will have to test that theory at some point.

Congratulations on the new love BlueBear -- sounds utterly delightful :say09752:

Definitely echo that this could work on the men folks!

I am loving this one. It's very animalic earthy musky, and the honey is gorgeously raw and spicy. On me, the woodsiness emerges in the drydown. I was a bit anxious about this one because woods do not always play nicely on my skin but these are perfect. This is going to be great for summer.

Also, I've been sniffing my little test patch of this one for a couple of hours now and it's got nice staying power too!

It's very animalic earthy musky

Yes exactly! At this stage I don't really sense the honey-nut elements - just a bit in the vial - but the woods, musk and earth are incredible! Definitely an untamed aura, so deep and primal and devastatingly sexy!! There's a kind of smokiness to it as well, at least for me, which I'm assuming is the musk...I am swooning with delight!!!!

This is not usually my type of scent. But I may just keep my sample. It's woody and spicy... The musk is definitely there, but it's not overpowering. I kind of like it...

how close would this be to Thane? My brother needs a new scent and i was wondering if this is along similar lines. Of course he is a big bear of a guys so i might just get it anyway as a joke, but i want him to like the scent too

I would say it's not close at all because it has no aquatic notes. But it is definitely a scent a guy can wear.

OK, I had this on last night and now just reapplied and I am getting the peanut, and it's AMAZING. It's like peanut brittle but the most sophisticated smoky honey and peanut sitting on top of the musky earthiness.... seriously, my mouth just started watering!

Yup. Peanut. Got that right away. Definitely woody and I get the earth too. Mmm, thinking not so much. It's doing something not altogether unpleasant with my chemistry. There's something in it not agreeing with me or maybe it's the earth note throwing me. Will still try this on the man beast if he'll let me ^_^

As this has settled down for a few days, now when I first apply I get a sort of "sexy peanut brittle" thing happening with the nuts and honey, but then again the musk and other notes take over and lasts for hours and hours! Sooooo wonderful!!

I love our bears here on the mountain. They can be a pain in the arse, but they're just so neat!!! When we first moved into this house, a big one stuck its head through a screen and into the window to see who the new folks were. Hee! I've told the story before so won't repeat the details, but it was cool and that bear did what I demanded but obviously knew exactly which one of us was at the top of the food chain. *snort*

As this has settled down for a few days, now when I first apply I get a sort of "sexy peanut brittle" thing happening with the nuts and honey, but then again the musk and other notes take over and lasts for hours and hours! Sooooo wonderful!!

LUNA! You nailed this for me! I was trying to figure out how to describe it and you said it perfectly. It is delicious and I am seriously trying to talk myself into buying more. Hee!!! I also keep thinking of wearing it in the fall--not sure why, but there it is. YUM-OHHH!

Hey, do we have any bear smileys? Oh yeah, we do! Well, ours are black bears, but this guy'll do! :Polar-Kiss:

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this one tonight from a sample I have. At first I HATED it...the peanut/honey smell was overwhelming to me. However, after a few minutes, the peanut wore off and now I'm loving this one. The woods and honey that I smell now mix very well together. Might be worth trying for the other guys out there reading this.

Wanted to try Bear, but the peanut factor is putting me off.....Spoonki..did you try Totem: Beaver/SWS? It's wonderful and absolutely could be worn by men.

I haven't tried that one. But I'll get a sampler on my next order and try it out. I really like honey scents which is why I tried Bear. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Spoonki: I think you will love it. There's a review thread for Totem Beaver....check it out and let us know how you like your sample. There's also a great unisex one called Tobacco Berry that was a LPMP Private Edition over on Artfire. You can get there by going thru the Gift Shoppe page...it's on sale. Did you try Totem Lion and/or Wolf?

• 1 month later...

Olderbutwiser: I did try both Totem Wolf and Lion. I liked Lion a litter better with the jasmine like smell. For some reason Wolf is off putting to me. I haven't tried it on skin yet for a full day so I should give it a full try to see how it evolves outside of the bottle. I just ordered a sample of Beaver so hopefully I'll have something to report on that soon.

I am really trying to stick to sampling NRs, but I finally got my bottle of this (with cops added). I washed my hands and broke out The Bear and OMG -- I had forgotten how much I love this!! It is deep, mellow, smoky, woodsy, earthy and -- I can't believe I am saying this! -- I am in love with the peanut note. It is making me drool. This is absolutely fantastic, and it's a perfect cops cover. Also a great bedtime scent. It's lovely with the hot humid weather, but I bet slathering up with this and getting between flannel sheets when the cold comes around would be AMAZING.

• 11 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

It's very deep, earthy, woody scent... Not my kind of a scent, but I am just amazed how talented Mara is...all these animal totems are amazing!

• 3 months later...

At first I get a nutty, earthy scent. What happens when you have a bear and no honey? Well, a cranky bear of course! But, keep digging and wham, I've hit the mother load! As the fragrance warms on my skin, I detect honey, lots of glorious warm, dripping honey. It's sweet and rich, but the blend doesn't give me a toothache. It's truly decadent. After wear, the honey notes become close to the skin, becoming smoky and slightly spicy, allowing those base notes to do their magic.

• 1 year later...

Loving this! Opens with an intense Woody top, mainly a bracing and photorealistic MAHOGANY note that rather swiftly turns to a blend of loamy soil and woods. There's a sweetness lingering in the background but it doesn't come forward for a while. When it does emerge, the honey and nuts sweeten up the whole deal, but the lovely deep Brown woods never go away, they just shift positions with the sweeter stuff. Musk becomes more pronounced too, fuzzy and slightly animal, like a grizzly bears soft fur. Lasts a long time this way, but not too loud. Totally unisex. Very grounding and centering, I think you could even use this as a courage potion of sorts when you feel overwhelmed. Oh, also the peanut is scant. Certainly nothing to fear here. I think maybe that note put some people off from it, but there's no need for that. I'm loving these totems so far. I know everything is brewed with intent at this house, but a few collections seem to go above and beyond the norm like these totems, the tarot oils, the 'treasure of' oils and the Crayons. They seem to have an extra dose of magic in em, at least to me.