Totem: Bunny

Beccah

AD-TotemBunny_1.jpg

Totem: Bunny

Bunnies are the literal personification of abundance in all its forms, inspiring an optimistic mood of playful affection in their adorable natures, reminding us to not dawdle when it comes to realizing our true potential. Welcome the sweet possibilities of life by taking a hop down the Bunny trail…which in itself is the enduring circle of all existence. Soft and cute like a bunny, cuddle up with a blend of cotton flower, tomato leaf, and alfalfa with yummy accents of marshmallow, benzoin, vanilla and sugar upon a base of veggie green musk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

COTTON BLOSSOM ~ Luck, healing, protection; return of lost love.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
TOMATO LEAF ~ Love attraction, repelling of negativity.
ALFALFA ~ Stress reduction and healing. Abundance, money, prosperity.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK AMBRETTE ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

Notes. I have no idea. I will have to wait for my samples :lol:

Edited by NuTrix

This totally reminds me of something, but I can't think what... it's very sweet and fuzzy. I'm getting mostly vanilla, marshmallow, and sugar, with maybe the benzoin peeping through? Something is giving it a warm, deeper scent..

Do you notice the tomato leaf at all? I sooo can't wait to get my samples to try this. I was soo tempted to just order full bottle unsniffed first too but there were so many bottles I wanted to do that with from the totem collections and it could be detrimental to my bank account lol

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

Hard to say. I haven't let it sit long enough to acclimate, but it's currently reading sweet, sugary and...clean? Will have to wait until tomorrow.

This totally reminds me of something, but I can't think what... it's very sweet and fuzzy. I'm getting mostly vanilla, marshmallow, and sugar, with maybe the benzoin peeping through? Something is giving it a warm, deeper scent..

Maybe Captivation Equation or Skye High? Both had benzoin , marshmallow and sugar ,. except they had sweet potato instead of tomato leaf. Omg if this is a sneaky remake of that.. DAMN YO I am all over it!

Hard to say. I haven't let it sit long enough to acclimate, but it's currently reading sweet, sugary and...clean? Will have to wait until tomorrow.

Yes, so far I'm getting VERY clean and sweet! It's wispy soft on me, like the very finest cotton candy but not crunchy sugary sweet, if that makes any sense. Lovely, but so subtle it's almost imperceptible. To be fair, I've added test patches of 3 other NRs further up the arm, so I will want to come back to this and give it a try purely by its lonesome. I think it might be the world's most awesome bedtime scent because it also smells like what I imagine the top of a tiny, tiny baby rabbit head might smell like.

ETA: A rabbit that was part fairy...

Edited by Blackcat

The green/floral notes are the strongest on me, which usually turns out to be the case with these kinds of blends - my skin just turns them up to 13! I get the sweetness in the vial but not in wear, except as a faint undertone. To me this is like an outdoors kind of scent, not fresh-cut greens/flowers, but garden-fresh; a really appropriate scent for Spring.

This is a soft, sweet, fluffy plant smell. I really only smell the cotton for the first few minutes. after that, it just lends itself to the soft vibe. It's got that yummy vanilla marshmallow. The tomato leaf doesn't smell how it usually does to me, but I can sense it in the background. When I smelled it, my face lit up because this is triggering a scent memory for me. Great for the spring. I think I would wear it with Lace.

I am trying my darndest to get a read on this. Earlier today I couldn't smell a thing, but my head has cleared up enough that I'm still getting a very sweet, clean scent that I did the other day when I first opened the vial. I think I like the cotton note. It's not linen clean per se, but I guess just what is says - cotton. It's sweet but not entirely foodie - I get the marshmallow/vanilla/sugar. The other notes I don't recognize because of lack of familiarity but this comes together very nicely - I can only imagine how nice it will be when I'm back to 100% and can fully appreciate it! :)

Oh WOW! Really?! That's AWESOME! How sad am I that I would never have made the association with Peter cottontail without being told and it make's perfect sense - sweet fluffy bunny with the cotton tail! :hi:

Is this along the same lines as Wolf/Shepardess,Babe in the Woods, and New?

They are all baby soft, fluffy and sweet to me. I love em all. If this is another take on that,, I MUST try it!

Freshly applied and I love it. I get the bunny tail thing. It's soft and fluffy but there is something tangy behind it all. I am waiting for the benzoin note of doom to bloom. When it does I will have to wash it off as I hate it. A lot. But until then I am digging the bun bun.

Oh WOW! Really?! That's AWESOME! How sad am I that I would never have made the association with Peter cottontail without being told and it make's perfect sense - sweet fluffy bunny with the cotton tail! :hi:

LOL, well, no one commented on my little joke in Elephant either. (Look at the ingredients)

Freshly applied and I love it. I get the bunny tail thing. It's soft and fluffy but there is something tangy behind it all. I am waiting for the benzoin note of doom to bloom. When it does I will have to wash it off as I hate it. A lot. But until then I am digging the bun bun.

How did it play out? Did it stay nice? I'm not sure I would pick out benzoin. Reading about it, I think I would like it, but not being familiar with it, I'm not sure I'd know it when I smelled it :huh:

LOL, well, no one commented on my little joke in Elephant either. (Look at the ingredients)

*scampers off to go check out Totem Elephant...*

I'm not getting it....but that's me I guess :blushing:

What does benzoin come across as to your nose? I'm reading, "vanilla like", a "resin", from "genus, Styrax", "warm/sweet/kinda vanilla w/cinnamon"? I also read it's used to add "sweetness, depth and longevity to amber and incense". It sounds like it could smell like a number of different things??? :blink: Just curious what you read it as :)

To me benzoin smells like a really rich vanilla type of fragrance, with a hint of a sweet resinous edge. I might be wrong, but I think that benzoin is often used in root beer. (Am I wrong? Did I make that up in my head?). I think a lot of small companies, like Dad's and Jones use it in their soda. The essential oil is also very good for your skin, though it's annoyingly thick, and has a strangely gritty feel.

Nutrix: http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9236&p=342452

Yes, Eggers has the scent right, it's a vanilla-like resin...it smells like brown sugar too, but more like saccharine than real brown sugar by itself, to my nose. It makes scents "stick" and last longer.

Trying this one out today. In the vial it reminds me of Peeps, but on my skin the herbal notes came out & teh scent became more perfume-y, initially. After 2 hours of wear I'm back to the candy aspect.

YES PM is right. It smells like artificially sweetened brown sugar vanilla resin. I hate it. Most people like it. I am weird. I also don't like most brown sugar notes. They smell treacley to me. Overly sticky and noxiously sweet. I however love vanilla.

I like benzoin in certain scents, but it all depends on what it is blended with, and how much.

You mean Horton? I noticed that earlier and meant to look to see if you referenced other characters in their respective animal totem categories. Edited by LoveStruck55

The essential oil is also very good for your skin, though it's annoyingly thick, and has a strangely gritty feel.

Oh, wow, hadn't read that last bit. Do you suppose the grittiness makes it a kind of exfoliant? A yummy smelling one at that :)

Nutrix: http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9236&p=342452

Yes, Eggers has the scent right, it's a vanilla-like resin...it smells like brown sugar too, but more like saccharine than real brown sugar by itself, to my nose. It makes scents "stick" and last longer.

Thank you Potion Master! What a great story association!

Brown sugar, on the saccharine side? Does that mean more like caramelized white sugar? And vanilla like. And with a resin touch.

It sounds good. I must like it as I have a handful of favorites that have it as a note. Now I'm completely fascinated and curious and will keep an eye out in case I ever come across the opportunity to smell benzoin singly.

YES PM is right. It smells like artificially sweetened brown sugar vanilla resin. I hate it. Most people like it. I am weird. I also don't like most brown sugar notes. They smell treacley to me. Overly sticky and noxiously sweet. I however love vanilla.

:lol: You're not weird! You're just right! I wish I could identify things as well as you that do and/or do not work for me. I'm a long way from such a sophisticated sniffer! :)

NuTrix, I'm not sure if actually *is* gritty, or just I that perceive it to be. Sometimes certain smells and sounds are translated as texture in my brain - people's voices, music, some smells...

But a single drop of it in your regular moisturizer or in a base oil like grape seed or apricot kernel, jojoba etc., will make your skin feel so soft! ;)

There goes that synaesthesia again Eggers... I totally know what you mean- one of the sounds with the worst texture for me is the sound of someone sweeping a concrete pavement. It feels like running your skin across rough carpet. Horrible.

This one sounds so clean and lovely. I want the tiny tiny baby rabbit head smell that Blackcat got.

There goes that synaesthesia again Eggers... I totally know what you mean- one of the sounds with the worst texture for me is the sound of someone sweeping a concrete pavement. It feels like running your skin across rough carpet. Horrible.

Ugh. That gave me the shivers!

I guess that *is* what it is, isn't it? LOL! I always get weird looks and comments when I mention a texture association. My mum has always gotten a big kick out of it, and BF thinks I'm nuts sometimes. But I guess I have a good excuse! :lol: I wish I had the number/colour association thing, too. Math class would have been so much easier!

I'm having a great time reading everyone's reviews! I hope I manage to secure a couple of samplers before they sell out. It sounds like such an intriguing collection!

This one sounds so clean and lovely. I want the tiny tiny baby rabbit head smell that Blackcat got.

I think you will love it, Vlad -- and I forgot to mention, it is a tiny tiny baby rabbit head smell with serious staying power. It goes on very soft but when I put it on before bed I wake in the morning to find it still lingering...

NuTrix, I'm not sure if actually *is* gritty, or just I that perceive it to be. Sometimes certain smells and sounds are translated as texture in my brain - people's voices, music, some smells...

But a single drop of it in your regular moisturizer or in a base oil like grape seed or apricot kernel, jojoba etc., will make your skin feel so soft! ;)

Ok! I gotcha now. Though I have to admit, I was liking the idea of a yummy vanilla like/brown sugary smelling facial/exfoliant ^_^

I think you will love it, Vlad -- and I forgot to mention, it is a tiny tiny baby rabbit head smell with serious staying power. It goes on very soft but when I put it on before bed I wake in the morning to find it still lingering...

Thank you for this! I barely got my shot at the Bunny before my sniffer gave out on me. Such a TEASE. I love it when scents last! I'm finding I'm reacting to this one like I did to OC Blue - without the scents being anything alike though. Meaning, it's so unique to my nose. It's sweet but not entirely foodie and that cotton note just really makes it pop, like WOW! What is that? Does it belong? But yes, strangely, it's perfect together!