Totem: Chick

Beccah

AD-TotemChick_1.jpg

Totem: Chick

Show the world you're ready for anything…just like that fluffy juggernaut, emerge from your shell with a proud chirp and bask in your endless potential. The Chick reminds us it's always our time to shine so take the power of the peep into yourself and announce the arrival of your greatness! Abundant notes of rice, oats and corn are folded into rich sweet meringue and buttercream and topped with a dash of sacred sweetgrass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

RICE ~ Protection, rain, fertility, abundance, money.
CORN ~ Fertility, Abundance, Protection, Luck, Divination.
OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.
EGG (MERINGUE) ~ A representation of the world or the womb.Fertility
,nourishment, cycle of life, feminine energy.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SWEETGRASS ~ Attracts positive energy and good spirits. Excellent for popularity uses, as it draws people toward the scent.

Notes that make me say, "What?" Can't wrap my head around it...

I couldn't choose! I got both month's samples :lol:

This one was very interesting. I couldn't get a fix on it at first. It smelled vaguely of corn and grass and I didn't care much for it. But it later turned to a creamy rice, sort of skin-like, which i liked. I think I will have to rest this and try again later all by itself.

I get strong buttercream at first and I love it but the drydown gets very corny and a little too warm for me. Reminds me of self tanner smell. But I am sure that's just my chemistry.

I having more trouble reading this one. It seems sweet. What note is giving it the brightness? Would that be the sweetgrass? I thought it would be really foodie but it doesn't seem dense and sugary at all. It's light and "fluffy" :lol:

I get sort of the same kind of milk-and-cereal vibe as from Mothership but it's not like it smells a lot like that, it's just what I think of. In the vial I get more of a sweet aura and that same brightness which I would assume is from the sweetgrass unless there's some tangy note in either the meringue or the buttercream accords.

Well I am happy to report that the self tanning smell has disappeared. Must have been travel shock. I still love it wet the most. It dries down pretty fast and to a skin scent. Doesn't last very long. Primarily a buttercream and sweetgrass scent on me.

I couldn't wrap my nose around this at first. I was getting sweet grass and corn. It has dried to a sweet, skin like scent. It has warmth but is also fresh. I'm getting the creamy rice or cereal but the sweet grass gives it sort of brightness. I keep catching whiffs of it while I sit outside and realize it's my arm that smells so good. This is the sort of scent that would draw people in to get closer once they smell it on you. It wears very close.

This is sweet & foody to me. I added some Pure Sugar to really give it a nice creamy candy vibe. I like this one :)

This is so Chick-like I could practically hear the cheeping :D lasted forever too. Very tangy, bright & cheerful, SOOO Lace-ish. I perceived pink, naturally, because there isn't any in it. Late into drydown something took it a little bit sideways for me - corn, j'accuse - but not really badly, just unexpected.

Edited by tyvey

• 2 weeks later...

This one took me by surprise in a good way! I've only worn it once so far, but this is how it went: At first, I did get the grains and meringue and butter/cream thing, and I was all, "Well, that's nice." Ignored it for a while, then caught a hint of sweetgrass. That was more interesting, but it till didn't really grab me for long. Then, waaaaaaay into the drydown, I snoofed it again and it had sweetened and become sort of candy-like and a tad fruity. Fruity?!?? No idea where that came from, but I really LIKE it! I need to wear this more and see if it consistently turns into that candy. :heart:

I am testing this right now maybe my aura knows I needed something bright and sunny. Wet I am getting something very sweet. It almost does this rapey thing to me. In the beginning it does but it's almost like that big bouncing ball on a commercia in the 80s where you sang along with the jingle..You were like ooh fun I want to play! ... then you get a teensy bit dizzy because you can't chew gum and follow the bouncing ball at the same time. I have to see how this morphs on me because I have el big Periodo right now.

:heart: Feel better soon, LadyV!!! :heart:

I wanted to pop back in and say that I still get the candy-ish thing from Chick, and I still really enjoy it! It kind of perplexes me because I automatically try to suss out individual notes and they tend to elude me with this one. Nice Totem: Chick hard candy. Yes. :) Very spring-like and fresh, but with a certain warmth.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of those times when I read reviews and think, Am I sampling the same scent as everyone else?! This is my third try with Chick, and it is determinedly sticking to the first three ingredients on my skin -- I get something that is definitely rice-y, corn-y, oat-y, but no sweetness at all! It reminds me a bit of Mothership but without the sweetness. Kind of like unsweetened cereal. Skin chemistry is so interesting!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok I just realized I had not reviewed this. It was interesting. Lovers of Blue Corn girl may like this. It's different than that but there are obvious overlaps on my skin.

Mostly I get the corn/rice cereal thing. But this one is fresher and smoother than "Mothership" which had an almost burnt after scent that hounded me. I like the addition of the sweet grass which is probably where I get the freshness. I get a warm sweet scent with a hint of an outdoorsy surprise in my skin.

Edited by StacyK

• 1 month later...

At first, this is butter cream. The Corn Chex scent that I sensed in the vial never showed itself. The rice shows up all silky alongside the creaminess. During the dry down there is a sweetness coming through that I associate with the humidity of August and tall-standing corn waving in the breeze..cornsilks.. sweet, fresh and warmed by the sun.

"She's driving fast now, windows down in the truck to suck in some air. Already 92 degrees and it isn't even half ten. It rained last night, but the sun came up blazing, pulling the dampness out of the earth and into the sky. Clouds are clumping together on the horizon. There'll be a storm this afternoon, but for now, there's just this old truck, and familiar potholes to dodge. Radio's playing something she can't make out over the rocks and mud slingin' up under the tires. Can hear the damned locusts buzzin' over everything. She cranks the volume. The shocks are long shot; Old Bess rides like a buckboard. She pushes down hard on the gas, and takes aim at a waterlogged pothole. Grey water flies and her head smacks the top of the cab. Ponytail flyin' in the wind as she heads through the corridor of green sentinels with tasseled caps. They pay her no mind as she tears through their post, standing straight and tall down the long dirt road..row on row as far as the eye can see." (from: Farmgirl, Wendy L.H. Becher)

Edited by Wanderlust

I wore a fair amount of this the other day and spent the whole day in a big loud girly fluffy cloud of PINK, strawberry, summer day and night at the county fair. Lasted 24 hours. It is pinker on me than ever. WTF?? Gonna cross fingers it lasts til the sale and then I think I'm gonna split an LFM boost between this and Wink at Moon

• 2 months later...

When first applied I get grains and hay, fresh chicken coop, minus the poop. On me, in a short period of time, the fragrance changes. It becomes sweet and creamy like when you slurp the last of the milk that remains after having a bowl of sugary cereal. Did I mention that it's sweet? At this stage the scent doesn't have a lot of throw, but I continue to get gentle wafts for hours.