Totem: Deer

Beccah

AD-TotemDeer_1.jpg

Totem: Deer

The grace and agility of the deer provide a memorable experience if one should cross your path in the wild. Mediate upon the gifts of Deer with a wonderful woodland tribute to those aspects, honoring the admirable qualities embodied by this beautiful spirit. A delicate floral crown of cherry blossom, daisy, freesia, daffodil and clover upon a sturdy base of teak and birch with accents of earth and musk ambrette (the scent which most resembles actual deer musk).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CHERRY BLOSSOM ~ Delicate beauty.
MUSK AMBRETTE ~ Most
resembles deer musk.

Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
DAISY ~ Gentleness, innocence, loyalty and romance.
OAK ~ Endurance, triumph, strength, power.
FREESIA ~ Innocence, charm.
DAFFODIL~ Regard, sympathy, affection.
CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.

TEAK ~ Weathering all conditions, endurance.
EARTH and BIRCH
LEAVES ~ Renewal, reincarnation, life, protection.

I feel very connected to deer, and I really want this one. But I'm wondering whether the Musk ambrette will be likely to make it one of those slightly "dirty" fragrances that I am afraid of. Everything else in it looks perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very pretty, I like it much more than I thought I would. It reminds me a bit of Mysteries of the Orient but more nature-like as Mara says. It starts out with more of a green vibe and then floral aspect takes over but it's very delicate - at least on me - the musk strikes me as a soft plushy kind of aura on the bottom.

This is another one that I'm associating with a "clean" smell. Like fresh laundry hung out on a spring day, where the smell of the clean fabric is getting lost in the green grass and flowers and tree leaves. It's not a me scent but it brings back great memories :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I like this a whole lot more than I thought I would! It's floral, sheer, and there is something a bit fresh linen about it, but what makes it for me is the musk. The musk is soft, and seems to be shearing all the normally pointy edges off the florals. Pretty! :D

This one is another surprise. It's very, green & bright floral on my skin. Wet it vaguely reminds me of "Bethrothal". Different notes of course and only in a distant fashion, in the early stages.

The floral is bright and a bit loud on my skin at first. On the dry down I get a more green and earth.

It's a very pretty, bright floral with a misty splash of green and a bit of earth.

A young, vibrant feel.

A nature floral! Very nicely done. :)

Edited by StacyK

I'm another one with the fresh, green, outdoorsy, light floral, springtimey thing. WAY springtimey! The musk sort of knits it all together for me, and keeps it from being *too* fresh and green. This is reeeaaalllly pretty, but it's not my usual preference for a skin scent--I have to be in the exact right mood for one like this...but it *does* happen. Heh. I may end up using it more in my hair, where I think it will ROCK. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I like this a whole lot more than I thought I would! It's floral, sheer, and there is something a bit fresh linen about it, but what makes it for me is the musk. The musk is soft, and seems to be shearing all the normally pointy edges off the florals. Pretty! :D

Yes, the linen note captures it exactly for me. I am not picking up earth or green in this one -- it's gently floral and very much like linen -- that clean textured element. The musk gives it an even softer texture. Very delicate and it becomes a close wearing skin scent shortly after drydown.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tested this one today.

I LOVE it! I knew I would, because deer are one of those animals I feel really close to, and this scent perfectly encapsulates the delicacy, grace, and soft, pure beauty that they embody. I'm not getting the clean laundry note or greenness that others have described. To me this is a translucent pale golden yellow scent, with a light feathery texture. It evokes the presence of delicate flowers, without actually being fully floral. It's like wandering through a meadow, lying down amongst the soft, damp, earthy grass and pale wildflowers, and closing your eyes. You can hear the wind whispering through the trees, and the meditative murmuring of bees all around you, and the sunlight feels warm on your eyelids, and the breeze runs its ethereal fingers across your skin...

Got a bit carried away there, but that's what this scent feels like to me. It reminds me a lot of Butterfly Kisses, which I also love. It's a softer, sheerer scent than the Totem: Bunny, which it feels somewhat connected to- hmm, that's another scent which also feels yellow to me and green to others.

Edited by vladmyra

• 1 year later...

When I first applied "Deer" I was greeted with a green, almost herbal fragrance. Fresh and alert like I imagine a deer about to take flight. But, wait she begins to relax and realise that she is indeed safe and doesn't need to run. This is when the warmth of musk grounds this perfume. Like an enveloping hug, it's soft and comforting. The spice of the florals remain, but become more subtle.

The more I wear this one, the more I appreciate it. Would be perfect for Autumn.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This scent is fresh and outdoorsy, but also incredibly gentle. It's like standing on the edge of a meadow, right where it meets the woods, as a spring breeze blows by bringing the scent of freshly blooming flowers. When the other notes die down, the musk remains, but still has that overriding sense of gentleness to it, staying close to the skin. I often have trouble with musk turning sharp on me, but this one behaves.