Totem: Dolphin

Beccah

AD-TotemDolphin_1.jpg

Totem: Dolphin

The brilliant and playful dolphin is one of the most beloved and admired in the animal kingdom. Dolphin's inherent qualities of balance – seeming to belong to two worlds – and harmony remind us all to be more engaged with others, to seek the goodness in the world and be mindful of our surroundings. If the sovereign of the undersea resonates with your spirit, give yourself a splash of this aquatically-uplifting tribute to all which Dolphin represents. Cool wet notes of water lily, deliphinium and bladderwrack mingle with fresh notes of storax and basil upon a base of delicate musk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WATERLILY ~ for purity and harmony.
DELPHINIUM (Latin for Dolphin) ~ for air, water, lightness of being.

SEA WEED ~ for sea spells and mystical communication.
STORAX ~ for mental acuity/sensuality/playfullness/deflection of negativity.
BASIL ~ for empathy.
MUSK ~ for strength and confidence.

I love Dolphins, who doesn't right? i seem pretty water oriented in my likes this time around. A must sniff!

sounds lovely but what is Storax? i saw it in another descriptions but got no idea what it is

ok, i looked it up and it seems to be a type of balsam found in Israel

This starts out aquatic on me but the waterlily note takes over fairly quickly. I would say that fans of lily scents should give this one a try as well, but "womanly" floral fans too, of course. This has a sophisticated drydown, IMO.

YAY! I finally have my nose (mostly) back! And this is one of the first ones I pulled.

This will be a great spring/summer scent! It's light and airy and - of course - watery. I really like it. It is wearing very sheer feeling on me and it doesn't seem to be loud. I like the lily and sea weed...I completely want to go to the shore now all bo-ho chic'd out with my long dress and wide rimmed hat sipping a colada on the beach watching the sun sparkle on the ocean!

I thought this would surely end up being a FB for me from the description... but on my skin it stays a little too "green" so I'm going to wait and return to this later to see if I can get some of the lighter, aquatics that everyone else seems to be getting.

I'm still in awe of how Mara is able to come up with so many unique blends. Getting my LP package is like Christmas morning for my nose. :OUDFDC~110::xmas735:

Edited by LoveStruck55

Blind totem grabs continued with this today. I get blue flowers (especially hydrangea), and lilacs, and an English garden, with doilies and stuff. Not specifically aquatic to me. Very very girly and pretty. Powdery, and with one of the flowers threatening from time to time to get pointy but never quite making it.

ETA lol surprise I see I did not get one single note right

ETA men seem to find this attention grabbing. Thought I was imagining it at first but it was quite pronounced, a LOT OF rubbernecking and such from strangers, but neither a leering nor lovestruck way, just "OOH SHINY"

Edited by tyvey

• 2 weeks later...

I wore this last night. A blue, watery, floral with just a tinge of seaweed ocean. It felt almost misty wet. Like the scent of a beach vacation in bloom, all around me. This scent makes you want to be outside with blue skies, flowers and if your lucky, misting ocean water.

I will definitely try this again. It did not last long in my first trial.

Edited by StacyK

I'm kind of dying over this one right now. It's like Mermaids of Atlantis "Light". I couldn't wear Mermaids. There was something really pokey in it. But Dolphin is sooo lovely! It's pretty, a teensy bit floral, and watery in the very best way. This is gonna sound so weird, but it reminds me of the way my skin smelled when I was kid and spent the whole day swimming and eating cherries, (don't ask), and then had a hot bath after. My skin still smelled like the water, but sweet and fresh, and I'd go to bed exhausted and smelling of summer. That's this smell. Sunny childhood days spent in the water. I love it. :D

Eggers! What a great description! I really like this one and quickly set it aside as a keeper. I love how light and summery it "feels" and the great memories the scent invokes - not unlike those you described ^_^

I smell lush water lily with a powdery edge. It's a watery floral, it's pretty, fresh and light. The seaweed isn't really too salty, just a hint of it is peeking out. It smells lady like and summery.

I tried again! And I love dolphins! I wanted so badly to fall for this one. It's lovely - very feminine, floral, watery (I guess that constitutes a 'floral aquatic' or 'aquatic floral'??? still learning here peeps...) Not as green for me as in the beginning, but the floral is just toooo... not me. I guess Flipper (Fa or Be - for any Day of the Dolphin fans out there) sitting down to a Belgian waffle smothered in coconut syrup with whipped cream, macadamias (and a minute sprinkling of tobacco, LOL) would be more my delphin fantasy.

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Totem Dolphin is airy and watery with a bit of green. It has a refreshing quality to it. I can't really pick out all the specific notes in this one since everything is really well blended. I'm getting a sophisticated floral with a green background, including a gentle seaweed note. It was a bit strong for the first hour, but not too strong. Afterwards it became more sheer and light. Mermaids of Atlantis is one of my absolute favorites so I thought I would give this one a try. It's nice but I don't think it's quite me. I'm happy to have a trial size sample of it though so I can try it a few more times to see if it grows on me.

Edited by Juliana

• 1 year later...

This is lovely! It is exactly what I was hoping it would be. I wanted one of Mara's gorgeous waterlily aquatics in the same vein as Nymph! And Patience Potion, and this is right up there with those. For those of you not familiar with those potions, this is a DREAMY and peaceful aquatic scent just brimming with water magic and calm. The Lily petals are so very realistic, I can smell the pale green silken texture of them in here, floating on a smooth glassine surface. Calm, still waters and glorious flowers, not a drop of calone or ozone in sight, keeping this firmly in the indie arts realm,and not reminiscent of the 90's fad aquatics like Cool Water and Ck1. Not that there's anything wrong with those, but this is far more realistic, absolutely blue green and truly, it brings a sense of well being to me when I wear it. It's wonderful for bedtime or any time high stress is knocking you out. Smells like a cool, still blue lagoon of reprieve! I have so many oils, but this is one of those types of scent that I reach for often. So often that my other two similar LPs are almost done with, an almost unheard of thing for me. I must be pretty stressed out,haha! Anyway, another fabulous Totem. Love it dearly.

TLDR: A dose of SERENITY!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 1 year later...

This is sooo pretty! In the vial I found it a bit too watery, but on my skin it has morphed into a real grown-up lady perfume. And I finally understand what you all mean when you say that! I'm not sure it's "me" as I would hardly describe myself as a real grown-up lady, but I will enjoy my sample a lot. So elegant! I am tickled; I was really not expecting this from a scent named "Totem: Dolphin." Although I feel a little sad that I don't feel I can live up to the expectation set by this perfume. I feel like I'm letting it down.