Totem: Ducky

Beccah

AD-TotemDucky_1.jpg

Totem: Ducky

Is it any wonder we love to watch a family of ducks glide along in a pond or river, their agility and resilience ever an inspiration to us all to remember the value in emotional connections and the need to stay the course in trying times? A powerful conduit of both Air and Water magic, Duck reminds us that grace may sometimes be hard-won but life can go swimmingly when you know how. A heart of swamp water accord shot through with airy notes of ozone and light musk, fresh accents of cucumber, melon and guava, and a lush tropical floral accord.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
SWAMP WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy,
fluid of life. Renewal.
OZONE ~ Air representation
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.
HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty; protection, especially over women and virtue.

Peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.
MELON ~ Water magic, fertility.
GUAVA ~ Encourages romantic notions and fantasy.
HYACINTH ~ Attracts love and luck; protection, playfulness, joy,
relieves grief, eases childbirth.

Dependability, constancy, friendship.
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
DELPHINIUM ~ A magickal representation of "air". Symbolizes heavenly qualities. Swiftness, lightness.
TROPICAL ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
A LIGHT AIRY MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

I shall definitely be checking this one out! I dunno about that "swamp water" stuff, though -- will it give me nightmares about "The Swamp Water Thing"?

Thanks to Mara's Remarkable Continuing Education Classes (a/k/a themed NRs), now I know what animal totems are. And in particular, the Duck Totem. Never again will anyone be allowed to call my local pond ducks "balls of fluff with foot pedals and loud horns."

Can't wait to get my sample set and test this one!

The swamp water sounds scary but its not. To me, this is a light aquatic cucumber melon scent. It reminds me of Night of the Fae, but it is a little less sparkly and more grown up. I was iffy on the notes but got a sample for the intent and I'm glad I did because it is one of my favorites of the samples I got.

Oh wow, BV! Thanks for the review! I am waiting waiting for my sample of this one, and now you've made me even MORE impatient for it to get here! I'm hoping the water florals are more forward than the fruits, but a balance would be great, too.

Oh, yum! Thanks, BV! *scampers off to sit by mailbox*

The swamp water sounds scary but its not. To me, this is a light aquatic cucumber melon scent.

Second this description! This is beautifully blended and balanced, and it's hard to pick out single accords, but the two my nose is finding are the cucumber and the melon. I'm not normally an aquatics fan, but of all the ones I've tried this is the most wearable for me. It's delicate with no pierciness. A lovely and refreshing summer scent, I'm thinking.

To me, this is a light aquatic cucumber melon scent.

See I kinda wish I got that. This is definitely an aquatic floral on me, I see it as the "pond" version of Mermaids of Atlantis, lol. But anyone who loves that kind of fragrance definitely give this one a try, it's very clean and lightweight and pretty.

First on, this was. Bright, tropical scent. The guava and melon were very distinct. It quickly faded to a fresh, mildly soapy orchid musk. The cucumber is light but really contributes to the fresh feel. I'm an orchid ho, and thus is the perfect orchid for all you other ho's out there. Lol

See I didn't get the orchid either! Not specifically, anyway. And I am definitely an orchid obsessive.

I got three of the NRs: Horse, Wolf and Ducky. Of the three this is my favorite one.

It does have a Mermaids of Atlantis feel. It's very lush, fresh. I'm a big fan of ozone notes in LP perfumes and this one adds just the right touch. I can pick out the cucumber and a sweetness I attribute to melon but not too much floral which is fine to me. It reminds me of how good everything smells by the water on a warm spring day and a breeze blows around you. It's very delicate and comforting. I have a feeling I'll be wearing this one quite a bit.

This is very aquatic and refreshing. It's very similar to the mermaid vibe.., without the seaweed. The cucumber melon is recognizable in this blend. I also get a freshly shampooed hair smell from it. It's probably scent memory- I used to use a ton of cucumber -melon products in high school. Overall it's very fresh, clear and aquatic with an undercurrent of bath products lol.

There is A LOT going on here and I admit, I was a bit concerned when I read "swamp water accord" :D

Out of the vial it seemed sweet and fruity but it quickly turned watery/floral. I am finding that I really like these water notes and there is no dank, stagnant, dismal swampy thought that comes to mind in any way shape or form. This is wearing sheer and floral mostly. It isn't loud and definitely seems clean and fresh. Very pretty!

• 3 weeks later...

GAH!!! Totem: Ducky keeps befuddling me. I do get some orchid, and definitely the fruitiness, and probably the heather and definitely the water lily and ozone, and the whole aquatic feel...amongst the total BLEND of scent. When it first goes on, it's a little too fruity and watery and sweet, and I start to dismiss it. But then, it warms and morphs and hits me better...and yet I still dismiss it.

But!!! On LONG drydown, it has magically morphed into something I really like! So the earlier stages are too sweet and fruity and floral for my usual tastes, but the long drydown nails it! Befuddled. B)

Also, this feels VERY springtimey. I think Mara really captured the season in this collection. :love592:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 years later...

I heart this. Love the aquatic notes with the florals adding a touch of elegance. I might make this into a spray for my hair.

ETA: This morning what's left on my arm is a hint of musk with the florals still making themselves known more than I was expecting. Very pretty. :purr:

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 1 year later...

I love this one too. I never got a full bottle, but I've used the trial vial a couple of times in the bath - :heart:

What a great idea Bella! This is so fresh & clean! This is Spring in a bottle. I'm going to add it to body oil too for after bathing.

My Experience:

I just finished a tough, energetic acting project and was sooo exhausted. It was a real challenge because I'm the total opposite of the character. I was out of Balm Bomb and reached for this. Instant love for the Ducky.

I'm telling you the Universe directed my attention to Totem Ducky because I needed it.

I put a few drops on my wrist and on the sides of a moist cloth and put it over my eyes and slept like a baby.

Out of the vial it was a dream...I'm getting that clean-cool feeling from the delcious swamp water accord & ozone, which really "cleans the trash" out of my mind & spirit.

Then the beautiful dry down. I feel so fresh & renewed by the cucumber and hyacinth!

Now the next morning I feel so good and refreshed. I can still smell it a bit but almost gone-just a fluff of crisp, innocent musk that I didn't detect when I first put it on-what a nice surprise.

I feel like I'm at a destination spa. One of those expensive hotel spas with white sheets & towels, on the water in Tahiti. This is Uber restoring light-as-a-feather water therapy. Those high class spas should buy gallons of this for massages and scrubs!

I am going to use this for my meditations. :peace-sign:

Peace out.