Totem: Goat w/Cops

AD-TotemGoat_1.jpg

WHEAT (WARM BREADY NOTES) ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness, fertility, money.
GRAPE/RAISIN ~ Fertility, increases mental prowess, money attracting.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wants. Baby goaty picture must become part of perfume collection.

Out of curiosity, how does the grape/raisin note affect or fit into this fragrance? For some reason I'm getting a scent image of a slight tart sourness, although this is probably the residue of a long lost scent memory.

Either way, I'm getting me a baby goat!

Mmm, this sounds like a fab addition to the cops stash! I love ginger, and I'm curious to find a bready one that works for me. Nutmeg and ginger sounds so warm, and like a scent that would be wonderful in cold weather.

Want. WANT. Sticking to my "samples first", but if I were plunging for FBs - this would be one of them!

This is so, so good. I mean the roll eyes back and take a deep inhale good. It is warm raisin bread right out of the oven with a drizzle of melted butter and dash of sugar. Or possibly spicy oatmeal raisin cookies with a buttermilk cream frosting. I in love with the goat!

Eta: after wearing a bit longer I get much more of yeasty bread note which is good but not at all leaning toward cookie type sweet. Still yummy and cozy.

Edited by greenergal

Agreed! First on, this smells like oatmeal raisin cookies just as they're beginning to bake, at that stage where you're like, "Mmm, is someone baking?" After a half hour or so, the raisin came to the front, more so than the spices. the spices just warmed everything up. As it began to dry down, it turned into a creamy, comforting scent. It was foody at first and then more skin like as time went on. The Marine hated it at first because it smelled like food but loved it this morning.Covers the cops like a dream!

I must not be as familiar with raisin bread because what I get from this is straight-up oatmeal cookies, and, as such, is baked goods nirvana. No cops smell whatsoever to my reckoning so also a perfect cover. In the drydown it reminds me of Gimme Money but not quite as spicy, I get more of the bread aura and less of the frosting as it settles down on my skin.

Spicy dreamy creamy cookie goodness! I get the oatmeal raisin cookie with buttercream frosting at first, simmering down to gorgeous warm spicy girl skin scent. All of my cops covers so far are SLF-type scents that work best for me in the summer heat .... this is going to ROCK for cold weather!

Spicy dreamy creamy cookie goodness! I get the oatmeal raisin cookie with buttercream frosting at first, simmering down to gorgeous warm spicy girl skin scent. All of my cops covers so far are SLF-type scents that work best for me in the summer heat .... this is going to ROCK for cold weather!

Rich foodie scents are great cop covers. The cops usually add a sweetness to the scent. They can actually make the scent yummy & sexier.

Oh my! Even with a broken sniffer, this one is FANTASTIC! I get oatmeal raisin drizzled in creamy, sugary white icing. This is HUGE win!!!! HUGE. I would huff more if I had the lung capacity :lol: FB. Hands down....probably hoard worthy. OHMYGOSH my husband will flip when he gets a whiff of this! I know it's got our frenchie's attention! He keeps trying to cuddle up to me and lick my wrist :D

See I don't get oatmeal or cookies at all. I get warm yeasty bread. Barely get any raisins. The spices are light. Reminds me of the PE Warm Milk and Honey without the honey. I can wear a dot of this but if I slather it is overwhelming to me. It covers the cops completely.

I am hoping it will be more like Maras Warm & Toasty with spice & raisins on me.

WMH did not work on me at all

W&T is very buttery, IMO, and there's more of an actual frosting scent in this rather than just butter.

This one is going FB for sure. Warm, cozy scent that covers cops completely -- what more could a girl want?! I love this one.

So, when I first apply this, I get the yummiest cinnamon roll type of scent. It reminds me of when you get Cinnabon and its all warm and doughy and gooey with glaze. But as this dries down, it loses that sweetness and I get more of what Halo got in her review. Everything burned off except for a bready, slightly buttered toast scent. No raisins, no spice- just a warm bready scent. It covers cops perfectly though!

I did a random grab of samples this morning, otherwise I would never have worn Goat/ with cops on a day I was seeing clients. After it was on and already smelling like the headiest most enticing baked goods ever, I then took a look. Oh well. Cops are very well covered and I adored the early scent. Now, about 10 hours later I can only detect the ginger. I would reapply if I had it with me. It does show it's important to try all the samples before making judgments. It's definitely on my FB consideration list once my budget is replenished.

I'm going to wear this one tomorrow for hubby - he's going to go crazy over this one! And not just because of the cops :Emoticons04263:

This one just smells so completely edible! I'll have him chasing me in no time...since I'm just on the mend - he shouldn't have trouble catching me! :lol:

This is definitely bang-on (bang! Heh!) raisin bread with spice on me. It's delicious!!! I can't smell the cops at all, and the warm spiciness is embracing and relaxing. It makes my eyes roll back, too. YUMMY!!!

:burning-heart:

I had such high hopes combined with a feeling of doom with this one. A lot of creamy scents (as much as I love them) end up smelling ashy on my skin. The same can happen with cinnamony/spicey notes, too. I was happily surprised that - despite threatening ash at the beginning - it settles down to loveliness. I think I was expecting something more... virile smelling, I suppose. I has more of a buttermilk that butter/cream scent to my nose.

It actually has a motherly vibe to it - the MILF kind, not the milk-and-cookies kind. But it's... it's like everything is there, but it is downplayed. It's got that sexy sneakiness to it, like going out to dinner somewhere fancy without wearing any panties.

It's subtle in it's own way. The cops can be smelled, but only faintly, and only if you know what to look for. It has more of a teasing, "catch me if you can" vibe than "DO ME KNOW" feel. I like it :)

Okay, so Molls went crazy and sent me her Totem samples! :o I know! But I was and am SO grateful because I got to try this one, which I didn't think I was ever going to get to try. And I'm a goat. So that would have been a travesty. :lol: Thank you Molls!!! :Hug_emoticon:

Of course, when I got my surprise package of goodies, this was the first one I tried, (read: tore the cap right off the trial vial), because, well, GOAT! It's delicious! It's warm & just a touch spicy, very, very creamy. And if I didn't know there were cops in it, I'd never have guessed. There's no sign of them. Perhaps it's that their characteristic smell somehow adds to the whole scent, as an actual note? I'm not sure what's going on. Prolly some kind of mystical Mara magic. She's sneaky like that. Whatever it is, I love it! :wub:

I really want to get this one, but I really hate raisin bread- it tastes and smells so wrong to me. Raisins give me the creeps. Do you think this scent could still appeal to someone who actively hates raisin bread?

I don't know how to make this link show up here as a vid, but this is the most adorable disabled baby goat, walking for the first time with the help of some wheels. Who wouldn't want to own a totem perfume of this adorable creature?

http://vimeo.com/95834056

Edited by vladmyra

I have a confession, I didn't have any hopes for this one. Foodies can go either way on me.

So, determined to try all the NRs, I grabbed this.

OMG.it's amazing!!! Super layered creamy heaven. In general feel, it plays out like Nola on my skin. It does not smell like Mila, but in feel, the way the notes meld, it reminds me of that characteristic in Nola.

I get layers of rich cream and the wheat is also creamy, which to my nose adds the extraa creamed layer.

So layers of rich cream and the spice and other notes float along that silky, creamy river adding spice and a gentle, sensual comfortable feel.

I don't get cop bleedthrough and I'm curious, how many drops are here?

This was beautiful fragrance surprise. I've used the whole trial, as with Nola, slathering is unavoidable. Will definitely be a FB or 2. :cat690:

I have a confession, I didn't have any hopes for this one. Foodies can go either way on me.

So, determined to try all the NRs, I grabbed this.

OMG.it's amazing!!! Super layered creamy heaven. In general feel, it plays out like Nola on my skin. It does not smell like Nola, but in feel, the way the notes meld, it reminds me of that characteristic in Nola.

I get layers of rich cream and the wheat is also creamy, which to my nose adds the extraa creamed layer.

So layers of rich cream and the spice and other notes float along that silky, creamy river adding spice and a gentle, sensual comfortable feel.

I don't get cop bleedthrough and I'm curious, how many drops are here?

This was a beautiful fragrance surprise. I've used the whole trial, as with Nola, slathering is unavoidable. Will definitely be a FB or 2. :cat690:

Edited by StacyK

I have a confession, I didn't have any hopes for this one.

:o Really?! I'm big on the foodies so this was the first one I grabbed for :lol: Really glad it turned out to be a win for you! And slather worthy indeed...if I didn't have so many other delectables, I would BLOW right through my bottles in NO TIME FLAT :D

:o Really?! I'm big on the foodies so this was the first one I grabbed for :lol: Really glad it turned out to be a win for you! And slather worthy indeed...if I didn't have so many other delectables, I would BLOW right through my bottles in NO TIME FLAT :D

Some foody scents go very sour on me. Just when I think it's all good I'll get a random like Atomic Man. It's so sad.

Actually Maras scents are so varied that even in that very general category I find stuff. Like Goat, it plays like a vanilla does on my skin. All creamy smooth and lux. Just for clarity it does not smell like vanilla, just the feel.

I do very well with other rich foody scents like Sweat Pea Cupcake and Pumpkin Soufflé.

I just depends on the specific type of note used.

Actually this is quite lux, more so than I would have ever guessed. So nicely done.

Edited by StacyK

Yum and YES! Very creamy and delicious - definitely luxurious - even man beast couldn't be kept away - even said he liked it so much HE would wear it :lol:

This is another one of those scents that are in my, "I would roll in this like cat nip if I could", category! :D

I really want to get this one, but I really hate raisin bread- it tastes and smells so wrong to me. Raisins give me the creeps. Do you think this scent could still appeal to someone who actively hates raisin bread?

I don't know how to make this link show up here as a vid, but this is the most adorable disabled baby goat, walking for the first time with the help of some wheels. Who wouldn't want to own a totem perfume of this adorable creature?

http://vimeo.co

I hate raisins too. I will eat them in bread and oatmeal because they usually come together with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.

I think this is delicious and that is all I am going to say.

OKAY I FUCKING LOVE THIS.

Baaaaaa.

I never, ever thought I'd wear a perfume based on a goat (cue the sound of empty cans being chewed) but it really smells amaizng. Today I can get away with it because the only straight man on our side of the office is out so there won't be any funny business going on, and I'm not wearing it for the cops because the scent is delicious. I think I actually like smelling raisin bread more than eating it. I'd rather eat currants in bread. Anyway, this is like walking into a room full of freshly baking raisin bread with all that warm yeasty goodness swirled with sugar and cinnamon, then slathered in buttery frosting. Deliciously fattening. Really good cover for the cops too, the creamy and buttery notes disguise them almost flawlessly.

Edited by Invidiana

Really good cover for the cops too, the creamy and buttery notes disguise them almost flawlessly.

Such great sniffers some of you have - or I've become accustomed to the smell of cops on some level and can't always detect them :huh: Even with my nose over the bottle, and while on my skin still wet, I get zero cops in this.

All I get is - and Invi, you described it SO well! - is this delicious gourmand sticky icing, soft chewy bread flecked with hints of raisins that are both a little tart but mostly sweet, and the softest hint of cinnamon - like soft lips murmuring sweet nothings against your skin (rather than shouting I LOVE YOU as some cinnamons are won't to do with my chemistry :lol: ) This is HUGE love! If any remain by the next time I order, this will need a good hoarding. Cops or not, I've been wearing this just for the scrumptious factor!

Yup - horses have the creepy oval pupils too, but I still love 'em so I don't hold it against the goats :D

I embrace my witchdom, lol! :witches: But now that I've read everyone's reviews of Goat with Cops, I cannot resist adding this to my next order....

I must stop reading reviews....I must stop reading reviews.... :hypnotic:

Edited by Olderbutwiser