TYVEY'S PLEASURE ISLAND

tyvey

AD-PE-TyveyPI.jpg

Tyvey's Pleasure Island

(Coconut cream, maple syrup and a touch of overripe banana, over a base of silky skin musk.)

Again I tried this while nose was stuffy so will need to report back more fully, but this was fully the creamy white foody vacation delight I expected :D The maple syrup and banana are not obvious as themselves - would probably not have identified either note in a blind sniff. In fact I got a sense of thick ice cream vanilla mostly. As a reference point, it reminded me of my Coffee Cake but a milkshake version. A fantastic daytime scent that has arrived in time for me to take on an upcoming beach vacation! :twirls:

I have a definite love for tropical, summery scents. This is going to be a summer time staple for me! This is delicious, sexy and perfect for a sultry hot night by the beach or pool. It's very creamy and sweet with an undercurrent of yummy musk. The banana is not candy like- it's like I can smell the ripe fruit of banana but also the slightly green freshness from the peel as well. The maple and coconut cream are like layers of a delectable treat! It dries down beautifully with that skin musk and it is truly addictive. I can't stop sniffing myself.Oh, how I love tropical/dessert scents! Great job Tyvey and Mara!

Hearts, my nose does not like banana notes, but LOVES coconut cream and maple. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being "What banana?", 5 being "It's an afterthought," and 10 being "Pure Monkey Love!," how would you rate the intensity of the banana note in this?

:smiley-signs122: (You can say whatever you want, Hearts! I'm just curious how strong the banana note comes across!)

Definitely not as much banana as Jungle Colada or Totem Monkey. But more than my old Sweet Beach PE (not sure if you tried that one..) I would think... Maybe a 7 on the banana scale.

What do you think Tyvey?

Maybe a 7 on the banana scale.

Thanks, Hearts! That's exactly what I needed to know!! :chimp84: :banana120:

Thanks, Tyvey. I WANT to try this because it just sounds so yummy, but I'm a' feering o' the banana. Bananas give me nightmares. I'm sure it's freudian. :2705:

Lol! In that case it would probably be very noticeable and loud on you:) I almost always like it so maybe I'm just not picking up what of it is there.

I had said in my order that I wanted a daytime beach vacation kind of musk...and something about this is soooooo daytime, I see it on my file cabinet at night and feel no urge, but during the day, esp when it's been nice out, I can't pass by it without putting on a swipe. It's delightful.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my I love this. I rarely do unsniffed purchases but at this point if you say "maple"...I buy! Plus I know Tyvey knows her way around a PE creation.

The notes are a confusing mix so I had no idea what to expect. I get quite a bit of maple (yay!!!) and a lot of the musk I think...and the musk is to die for. well, I think the musk is what it eventually turns into and lasts forever. What kind of musk is in this? I don't really get any banana but I think if it were missing the whole scent would be altered...I think maybe something fresh is poking out and that is it.

I don't know...I have to wear it more because I have worn it twice and it was different both times. At one point I thought it smelled like sweet coffee! All I know is it lasts forever on my skin and both times at the end of the day I got a whiff of it and fell in love...couldn't remember what I was wearing and both times it was this.

I can't even get excited about my sampler because this is my favorite of the month!

Also, unlike Tyvey I can totally see me wearing this as a night scent...like Hearts said, I think this is sultry and perfect for a warm summer night.

Because of the maple and the musk I feel like it wraps me up in a warm hug.

I took a sniff right out of the bottle and I got more of the banana so I think with aging more of the other notes will come out....I can't pinpoint the coconut cream but like I said...this is a different mix of scents than my nose is used to so I am sure it is there somewhere. I can't wait to wear it more and see how it morphs.

I am just so glad I had the sense to grab one of these! It is already a favorite.

OMG I love this!!!! Lina and Tyvey great job on the PES this month!!! This is AMAZING. It's sex island desert bomb!

I get a very sweet mixture of coco maple banana. Sometimes maple goes bacon on me but this stays very sweet and banana like covered in cream with maple gism. After that dries down and settles in I get the skin musk. The musk I got was a bit green on me.

It could be because it's Raging Waters time- but overall It's very very sexy fun in the sun!

• 2 months later...

This is a perfect blend for summer, I was worried that the maple would amp(as it tends to on my skin) but all the notes come together to create a creamy, dreamy delectiable scent, long lasting but very light, it's definitely a slatherable scent. :Emoticons0086: May have to hoard this one.

• 5 weeks later...

This is absolutely lovely. For something with so many foodie notes, it's surprisingly non-foodie on me. Everything is blended perfectly -- creamy sultry sweet (but not sugary) skin musk. I can get away with wearing it to work today, but I will be using it to make my brain think I am REALLY at some lush resort vacation spot.

If I weren't going to work, I would totally add some Un Cuddle Bunny to amp the sexy playful feel!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a mini sample of this with my order a while back, and I managed to draw it out to 3 applications. I loved it wet in the bottle, and ADORED it on drydown. No way would I guess the banana. It just smells 'mysterious tropical' to me. Very complex, very alive, positive energy. I'm finally going to treat myself to a FB of this (which will be the first FB of a PE I have ever bought). I can see myself wearing this to work, especially when I'm on my period and needing an extra dose of comforting. And then of course there's the option of combining it with some sexy UN-pheros...oh myyyyy :Emoticons04235:

• 1 year later...

​This is delicious! I just got a bottle from the Trading Post, and I'm so glad that I did! It's very light from start to finish. It's a little banana-forward in the beginning, which alarmed me a little, since I'm just now beginning to "take to" banana as a perfume note. It backs off quite a bit though, and then this smooth, creamy coconutty-musk just *clings* to my skin for hours. It feels so sexy, like I just naturally smell like creamy coconut musk. And I'm really diggin' the sheer weight of it in this hot, humid weather. I think I might have to wear this again tomorrow.

Beautiful scent idea, Tyvey! :D

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

LOL, I'm trying it again and I forgot what I posted in February, but I still get cedar. Cedar and warm bananas. Like opening an old cedar chest and finding fresh but sun-warmed bananas in it.