Lindee's Pinky Sweet

This came out exactly how I wanted! It's primarily a spicy carnation scent. The pink cake is just a subtle feeling. As it dries down the cake comes out more but it is still not a cake scent. Its more like a carnation scent that reminds you of a cake. I'm so happy with how it turned out and I love it. I think I will need backup bottles.

Was so excited over seeing carnation in the list of two of the PE's that I just had to order both Lindee's Pinky Sweet and Tyvee's Flora Royal. Love the piggy pic on Lindee's Pinky Sweet! I'm going to wear it over UN Cougar. Should have them soon.

ETA: After a couple of weeks, the fragrance doesn't seem to be as strong....hmmmm

Edited by Olderbutwiser

Olderbutwiser if you're looking for carnation, I'm pretty sure it's also in Charlene's Sanctuary, which was a PE from March. If I'm remembering correctly, I think there might have been one more bottle left. Pinky Sweet will be my second carnation scent - can't wait to get it so I can compare! All the other notes are very different though.

Almathea: Thanks! Carnations remind me of my mom. She loved them and we always used to wear them to church on Mother's Day. I remember how she'd take white ones and stick them in a glass with some green food coloring/water and they'd turn green for St. Patrick's Day. She also adored violets and roses and cherished her rose bushes. My own backyard is full of violets right now. If it ever warms up my iris will bloom. My crocus and daffies alrelady bloomed. Still waiting for my lily of the valley and paper whites. It was a ruff winter storm so we lost some lilac trees and a cherry tree. Guess it's time to replant. I love this old place....It's 114 yrs. old this year.

This is very carnation forward on me, which is PERFECT. It's like water the first few seconds, then BOOM!!! It takes off and starts blooming into this luscious carnation-spice scent that I want to tattoo on my olfactory buds.

Well done, BV! Very well done indeed!

First off, those pigs on the label tho.. They are so cute! The fragrance is mainly carnation on me. Thankfully, the spice from the carnation starts to tame down after about 25min. My skin likes to bring out the spice in ANY scent with the tiniest hint of it. The drydown still has carnation as the star of this scent, sweetened up with light vanilla and a tinge of cotton candy. Like BV said above, it's not a cake scent. But it does give it a subtle backdrop of sweetness. It's a very pretty carnation scent! Good work BV and Mara!

This is very carnation forward on me, which is PERFECT. It's like water the first few seconds, then BOOM!!! It takes off and starts blooming into this luscious carnation-spice scent that I want to tattoo on my olfactory buds.

I agree! It was so strange, when I first put it on it barely smelled like anything at all - I was so disappointed! But in a matter of minutes it was practically screaming carnations. It does remind me alot of Sanctuary, but much sweeter. I think carnation is going to be a good scent for me:)

Received this yesterday and wore it over OCCO Pink, UNCougar and Cougar Potion Spray. Love it. Just the right carnation notes for me, not too heavy. I tried it alone today and then with a little LP Pink over it....nice...

Going with this today with a bit of Lumina. It's very interesting. The carnation in this is the one that goes soapy on me. I would not have guessed that type of carnation would show up here. To my surprise it works. I don't get bubblegum but I think I know what halo was getting there.

Fortunately I get more carnation on top, with a sweet pink foody scent as a base. I don't get cake really, just foodie. It's also not very sweet on me. This is a fun scent. Floral, pink, a little foody and a little sweet. Pretty and feminine. Young'ish but not "little girl". I feel very happy & comfortable in this.

Edited by StacyK

So I wore this for a full day yesterday for the first time, and it just keeps getting better. My little review above was just from initial testing. And it's true that when it's wet, this is loud spicy carnation on me (which I like). But after about 2-3 hours this one dries down to a much sweeter scent. The carnation is still definitely there, but it's more in the background and the foody notes take over. If I remember correctly, I think there was some cotton candy in this? I think that's what I'm smelling the most, just with carnations:)

The carnation is really light in this for me. It's like carnation bubblegum.

Yep, kind of like that!

It also lasts forever, which I think was true of the other PE I ordered for this month too. So far I think I'm two for two on this order!

OH! There's that carnation spiciness I've just learned about! I recognize it from my recent PE.

I never realized carnation as a scent before that and this was the note that hit me first. I had forgotten the notes in LPS but as son as I smelled it I recognized the carnation and squealed out loud :lol: only slightly embarrassing as only the pups were actually here to be startled by me. This is Spicy and sweet pink goodness.

This IS sugar and spice and EVERYTHING nice! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! Spicy, sweet carnation!! It's everything I hoped it would be. As soon as I saw the notes in this one, I knew I had to have it. I had a previous carnation love that resembled this, but sadly that was an LE that has been long gone.....

This is perfect for my carnation needs and I adore it!

Thank you, Bruiseviolet :purr:

• 1 month later...