Phero for social/bonding in school

Hi all!

I'm on a lookout for a suitable daily phero (and a light scent to go with it) for my cousin to help her mix around better in the university. It has been a challenge for her to be more social due to her shy and quiet character. Considering the high ratio of guys in her course, something that would help her bond with the guys while not pissing the small number of girls would be great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Thank is very thoughtful to want to help out your cousin. My first thought is Popularity Potion. If you follow the link and read the description you'll see that it's for exactly the kind of situation you describe. It just so happens that the most recent batch of new releases features a perfume that includes Popularity Potion. Lamb is really pretty, light to my nose, and I think it would wear beautifully on a young woman. Here's the review thread for it on these boards and here's the thread for reviews of the Popularity Potion phero blend.

I hope that, whatever you choose, your cousin manages to forge special and fun relationships at college.

Open Windows is a fabulous social. It will be mood-elevating for her (and will put her more at ease), while also affecting those around her. Another good one is Treasured Hearts.....it is sort of a "spread the love" vibe.

I would also recommend Teddy BB, which seems to make everyone more comfortable around you, and wanting to be friendly with you. It also tends to help you feel more at ease yourself, so I think it would be great for her. I am a very introverted, shy and socially inept person, and would definitely recommend Teddy BB as one of the top two phero blends that have helped me socially in a mixed gender environment.

The other blend I'd recommend is Lumina, which can be ordered as a mad scientist blend. It seems to make you seem lovely and sparkly to others, and puts everyone in a good mood. I won't go on about it here, because I can't stop when I start, but you should maybe read (or get your friend to read) the experiences people have had on the UN Lumina and All Hallow's Eve with Lumina threads. Sorry I don't know how to link to them.

Good luck!

Hi all!
I'm on a lookout for a suitable daily phero (and a light scent to go with it) for my cousin to help her mix around better in the university. It has been a challenge for her to be more social due to her shy and quiet character. Considering the high ratio of guys in her course, something that would help her bond with the guys while not pissing the small number of girls would be great.

Hello and thank you for your post. Your avatar is super sweet and cute...just like you it seems. What a nice thing you're doing for your cousin. All of the potions mentioned upthread are great. They're from seasoned members as well so rest assured the endorsements are solid. Personally, I have had great results with Open Windows, Popularity Potion and Treasured Hearts. Whatever your choice, you can't go wrong with right intent and a light hand at applying to start.

I would also recommend Teddy BB, which seems to make everyone more comfortable around you, and wanting to be friendly with you. It also tends to help you feel more at ease yourself, so I think it would be great for her. I am a very introverted, shy and socially inept person, and would definitely recommend Teddy BB as one of the top two phero blends that have helped me socially in a mixed gender environment.

The other blend I'd recommend is Lumina, which can be ordered as a mad scientist blend. It seems to make you seem lovely and sparkly to others, and puts everyone in a good mood. I won't go on about it here, because I can't stop when I start, but you should maybe read (or get your friend to read) the experiences people have had on the UN Lumina and All Hallow's Eve with Lumina threads. Sorry I don't know how to link to them.

Good luck!

We have similar personalities vladmyra. I have Teddy BB in The Big Easy which I have yet to try. Will use it this week thanks to you. I've been drawn to Lumina based on its name. I don't have anything with that phero as yet but will rectify that soon enough.

To link, go to the page you want to share, left click highlight it, hit control c, then go to wherever you want the link to appear and hit control v. It'll look like this:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=6330

I don't know how to do the advance links like Donsie on this site.

Thank is very thoughtful to want to help out your cousin. My first thought is Popularity Potion. If you follow the link and read the description you'll see that it's for exactly the kind of situation you describe. It just so happens that the most recent batch of new releases features a perfume that includes Popularity Potion. Lamb is really pretty, light to my nose, and I think it would wear beautifully on a young woman. Here's the review thread for it on these boards and here's the thread for reviews of the Popularity Potion phero blend.

I hope that, whatever you choose, your cousin manages to forge special and fun relationships at college.

Hi Donsie, how do you get the thread to appear with a one word link? Looks nice and it saves space in the posts. Thanks in advance.

Hi all!

Hi. I like all the recommendations above. I don't think you could loose trying any of them.

If it were me or me helping a friend in that situation, I would start out with Open Windows or, possibly, Levitation ( that's Open Windows with extra DHEAS).

Open Windows is a truly ubiquitous Phero. It's works for pretty much everyone and it's appropriate for all situations. It gives the wearer a great lift as well as those around her. The Levitation with that extra DHEAS could also be helpful. DHEAS is a strong social bonding 'mone. Generally very sociable people, particularity younger people, produce a high amount of this phero naturally. Those who add it generally find it helpful.

The OW or Levitation should giver her noticeable self effects or "selfies" which will help lift her mood and uneasiness. A little splash of happiness and hopefully confidence.

Either of these two blends will help ease the way socially. Helping her shine and drawing people to her*.

* one thing though, she will have to take a chance and believe. Hold her head up a little higher, smile a bit more. Her actions will have to be, at least a bit, congruent to the Phero to get good results. But either of those phero blends will give her good support.

Good luck to her let us know what happens.

I noticed you asked for a light scent recommendation you can get a "lighter" perfume from the site or have Mara lightly acent the unscented phero blend you choose.

If your looking for a nice, well blended light LP perfume, I say try "Love Potion Humidity" a beautifully blended scent, it lasts, but it's not intrusive. Would be great on campus or off.

Edited by StacyK

Thanks for all the recommendations and good words! They all sound like great choices! I'm leaning towards Open Windows, Teddy BB, Popularity Potion and in particular, Lumina, since it's like an all-in-one "attention + social" phero based on the reviews. In fact, I'm so tempted by vladmyra's review that I feel like getting one for myself. :love:

Scent-wise, I'm planning to get a couple of trial vials and just add one to the unscented phero. Lesser chances of her not liking the scent as compared to having it lightly scented in advanced. My cousin and I are both big fans of caramel musk, so something similar would be great, like those musky, caramel, vanilla type of scents. Anyone has any experiences with the listed scents as compared to caramel musk?

- Pure Sugar
- Goodie Tooshu
- Snow Musk
- EGG 2014
- Love Potion Humidity

Hi Donsie, how do you get the thread to appear with a one word link? Looks nice and it saves space in the posts. Thanks in advance.

Hiya. You highlight the word you want to make into the link and then click on the picture of links in a chain and a green plus sign under the font "size" drop-down in the formatting bar above your post. A window will pop up with a space for you to paste the url you want to link to. Once you've done this click OK and that ought to do it. If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try and post walk-through images.

SSagey,

I'm not sure if you've seen but Open Windows and Levitation are both available in scented potions ATM so even if you do get something else UN you could always throw in some trial vials of these ones just to test out.

I can't help on the scents you list. Sorry.

Edited by donsie

You didn't have it on your list, but LP Original is a great scent to try....and since it is one of the permanent line, you don't have to worry about falling in love with one that sells out! It is a rich vanilla-based scent and is heavenly......

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LP1/

Edited by Dolly

Thanks for all the recommendations and good words! They all sound like great choices! I'm leaning towards Open Windows, Teddy BB, Popularity Potion and in particular, Lumina, since it's like an all-in-one "attention + social" phero based on the reviews. In fact, I'm so tempted by vladmyra's review that I feel like getting one for myself. :love:

Scent-wise, I'm planning to get a couple of trial vials and just add one to the unscented phero. Lesser chances of her not liking the scent as compared to having it lightly scented in advanced. My cousin and I are both big fans of caramel musk, so something similar would be great, like those musky, caramel, vanilla type of scents. Anyone has any experiences with the listed scents as compared to caramel musk?

- Pure Sugar

- Goodie Tooshu

- Snow Musk

- EGG 2014

- Love Potion Humidity

These perfumes are all very light & different from Carmel Musk, which is a bit heavier and more perfumey.

Lumina is really great. I just got an Unscented spray. it's 25% Est so it's not as neutral a social as say OW. I have both and love them but if I was just starting my collection I'd choose the one with the widest appeal. Just IMO.

Definitely check out the Phero review threads for the specific blends you are considering. Lots of info there and something may grab your attention.

Edited by StacyK

Thanks for linking instructions ComingUpRoses & Donsie. Now if I could only get my "Quote" & "Multiquote" buttons working again I'd be laughing (damned things haven't worked for me for months!).

Good luck with your experimenting SSagey & ComingUpRoses. 'Tis so much fun to try new blends.

I would definitely second StacyK's Levitation suggestion too. I've had a lot of fun with that one, but you need to be in a bit of an open mood to start with to get the best effects (actually this goes for all pheros anyway).

I love Caramel Musk too, and have consistently found that the blends with fewer ingredients are the ones I really really love the most.

Haven't tried EGG 2014 but EGG 2011 is great! Nommy light creamy scent that lasts really well. It grows on you too (didn't think as much of it at first).

Love potion Humidity is wonderful, and not at all overpowering on me. It needs warmer weather to really bloom properly though, otherwise it can be too quiet.

Dolly is so right about LP Original. It has become a staple for me. It gets better and better the more you use it.

I'm currently eagerly waiting for my ordered Snow Musk to arrive...

Ssagey, I agree that the scents you've listed aren't really like Caramel Musk. Have you thought about just buying a bottle of Caramel Musk and having it boosted with the phero you choose? I think Mara will even split a phero boost, so you could actually get a bottle for yourself and one for your cousin and just split the boost between the two. I find that pheros are just as effective (sometimes for me even MORE effective) in small doses.

Also, if you just want to try out Goodie Tooshu, I have a partial bottle that is getting no love. Somebody sent it to me as a freebie, but the scent is just not for me. I can't in good conscience sell something that was so kindly given to me, so if you want to register to trade with Heather and put in an exchange request, I will gladly send it to you.

ETA: If you do want it though, please send me an email. I've put myself on a budget and so I'm not on the forum as much as I would like to be - just avoiding temptation and all. So I might not see a response here, but I'll definitely see an email!

Edited by Amalthea1978

Ssagey, I agree that the scents you've listed aren't really like Caramel Musk. Have you thought about just buying a bottle of Caramel Musk and having it boosted with the phero you choose? I think Mara will even split a phero boost, so you could actually get a bottle for yourself and one for your cousin and just split the boost between the two. I find that pheros are just as effective (sometimes for me even MORE effective) in small doses.

Also, if you just want to try out Goodie Tooshu, I have a partial bottle that is getting no love. Somebody sent it to me as a freebie, but the scent is just not for me. I can't in good conscience sell something that was so kindly given to me, so if you want to register to trade with Heather and put in an exchange request, I will gladly send it to you.

ETA: If you do want it though, please send me an email. I've put myself on a budget and so I'm not on the forum as much as I would like to be - just avoiding temptation and all. So I might not see a response here, but I'll definitely see an email!

Thanks for the offer Amalthea! I'm afraid I'll have to pass up on your offer as I'm located in the South-East Asia, instead of the U.S. Definitely wouldn't want you to spend so much on the shipping cost just to send a bottle.

I'll check out on the phero boost split option. Definitely sounds like something that I can consider. As much as I love Caramel Musk, I'm trying to test new scents and avoid ordering anything new with it for the time being. Been using it a little too much since most of what I have are scented with it.