Love Potion: Rouge w/La Femme Mystere

Oh, they'll still be spicy ;)

I'm excited to try this one now, especially since Mr Perfect is a fan of LP Red

I want to hear all about it!

Man, this one really did a number on my estranged husband. He called me up yesterday, was honestly apologizing & referring to me as his "trophy" wife. I really need to wear LFM more often & around some new dating prospects :smiley-laughing024:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to hear all about it!

Man, this one really did a number on my estranged husband. He called me up yesterday, was honestly apologizing & referring to me as his "trophy" wife. I really need to wear LFM more often & around some new dating prospects :smiley-laughing024:

Report back if you do. I've wondered how it would influence a prospect.

For those that have tried this. How is the honey here? Is there a honey from a past LP you'd compare it to?

Edited by StacyK

I don't know if it's the honey that lightens and sweetens it - or the lack of woods and resins? On me it's a sweet honey that has oh-so the slightest powderiness, like a bare hint. Sometimes honey goes very powdery on me but this one is very tame. If I had to compare I would say it addd to the sweetness of the whole, like LP P&D, Persuasion Potion, Carolyn's Man Nip...

I think it's me but in the bottle (just sniffing) it smells like good ole LP Red, wet on skin it smells like "Everything Nice 2013" (not sure why, neither share that same ingredients), dry down is honey and apricot on me :blink:

maybe I'll let it age a little

Ok...what is sexier than LP Original... IMO!!!!?

HONEYED LOVE POTION

What is sexier than LP Red??? (IF THIS IS AT ALL POSSIBLE)

LP ROUGE!!

GAWRD!!!!! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME... Honeyed LP DRIPPING all over LP Red...I rarely do the backup bottle thing...but i would have to have my head examined if I didn't go there with this one.

HONEYED LOVE POTION

LP ROUGE!!

GAWRD!!!!! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME... Honeyed LP DRIPPING all over LP Red...I rarely do the backup bottle thing...but i would have to have my head examined if I didn't go there with this one.

Drops everything, scrubs arms clean and applies LP Rouge.

A brazen "love-child" of LP Red & Honeyed LP. Diana Ross is now singing in my head :lol:

I was wondering why I thought I smelled cops here, a hint of Red Lace? But a little lighter in feel.

The honey is there instead of the cops, but causing a similar effect.

A warm naughty honey, not dirty, but very sexy, mingling with the hot spices.

The lady on the label is dead on. This is as close as I can get to that.

But.. oops Diana stopped singing, and I'm Lucile Ball, loosing control of my headdress and stumbling down the stairs. But it doesn't matter, I'm still hot, because I smell amazing.

Let's just make out at the bottom if the stairs. ;)

I ordered a FB when I ordered my PE. :lol:

I will definitely get a FB with cops. That will be amazing but I'll have to carry a roll of crime scene tape around when I wear it. :lol:

This is more sheer than LP Red but the honey steers it in another direction. This might be the love child of Red and Honeyed LP. The cinnamon isn't amping on me but the honey is taking over and pushing everyone out of the way. I want to test again another time. It smells great in the vial but different on my skin. A honey-patch takeover here.

Edited by hearts

Oh no! The marmite nightmare lives on. Gutted.

:lol:

OMG.. Marmite!! I rarely use this word but YIKES!

I remember when I went to England with a friend and for our return trip her mother made us sandwiches for the flight, Marmite and tomato! IKR.. so I felt I had to eat one to complete the authentic experience of my trip. Mistake! Traveling + yeast & acid really messes with your body PH. :P

HONEYED LOVE POTION

LP ROUGE!!

WHOA :w00t: ...this is a real stunner!!!!!...wear it like ya mean it and this will turn heads,the phero pairing is inspired...add a dab of OCCO Red, and go play :001_302:

Okay I this is fucking amazing. It is LP RED and LP HONEYED LOVE WITH LFM. I get the warm butter vanilla not to powerful cinnamon with delicious LP Honey. It also reminds me of Christmas for some reason. I am going to go FB on this bitch and save it for when I can wear it.

WHOA :w00t: ...this is a real stunner!!!!!...wear it like ya mean it and this will turn heads,the phero pairing is inspired...add a dab of OCCO Red, and go play :001_302:

I got mine boosted with cops though!!!! I so regretted not stocking up on Honeyed more but....just when I think all is lost Mara comes up with something EVEN BETTER. I just adore this.

OK, so I finally tried mine today. I really, really, really, wanted this one to work on me because I always wanted LP Red to work on me and it just doesn't. This one gave me hope and I went FB on it, that's how much I wanted to make this work. I am a major cinnamon amper! In LP Rouge, the cinnamon is definitely toned down, sort of mellowed by the honeys I think? This one would work for most people who love foody scents if it smelled the same way on them as it does on me. What my skin turns this into is sort of a sweet, buttery cinnamon smell which invokes the image of a delicious piece of cinnamon toast just dripping with butter and cinnamon sugar. I would devour that for breakfast in a heart beat! But alas most food scent perfumes are not my thing. Since I already have and LOVE La Femme Mystere, I will likely be selling this one to someone who can give it the love it so richly deserves. Oh well. I kept and open mind and I tried. This is how we find "the ones!" :)

I absolutely love this one...but I have to be prepared for it to be my all-day scent. No variety or switching up of scents midday for me because LP: Rouge lasts longer than any other LP I've ever dabbed or slathered on at this point in my brief LP tenure (3 months).

Well, OK, maybe Sex & Violins stays potent as long but it's not NEARLY as enjoyable as having LP: Rouge still very much huffing strength after EIGHT HOURS. Can't speak to the phero EFX lasting that long but this one - at least on my skin - has some serious staying power. I also love that it doesn't morph in to a myriad of other things during the course of the day, that lovely scent in the first drydown is still the base after hours of wear. It does remind me a bit of LP: Red (my first LP and a standard by which all others are measured for me) but there is something intriguingly unique for me. It's definitely a scent to wear when you want to get noticed... but in kind of a stealth mode (as opposed to the way I feel when I wear S&V... like a barge mowing down little sailboats in the harbor as it comes in to port).

This is different from my lp red but prob mostly due to aging, it's less chewy and candy like.

I put in about double as much as I usually wear of lfm....though it's less concentrated than the UN lfm oil I wear, so it should have been about the same effects. Weren't though. I was at a party where I knew only a few ppl and even them, not well. These things happened:

-- one of the ppl I know slightly, a woman, was ALL OVER ME, I mean like cornering me, totally invading my personal space and disregarding all my distancing cues, and chasing me around the room. I suppose at least some of it I can chalk up to the close-talking-making effects many of us have seen with lfm, but it also felt like being chased by an amorous goose- I'm sure you've heard those stories. It was not comfortable.

-- a repeated pattern I saw with different people, both women and men, in succession, was that they were initially deeply fascinated by me and super over-the-top complimentary, etc, for like the exact same amount of time, about three minutes. Then each of them, suddenly, as if a timer had gone off, couldn't get away from me fast enough. Like to the point of going and standing at the very furthest point away from me in the room, and even standing facing 180 degrees away from me to avoid eye contact. This happened with FIVE different people/pairs of friends - eight people total. It was as though the room were a prison holding cell and I was clearly the most insane violent badass in the cell, but somehow they weren't noticing it til after being entranced by me for three minutes.

The final straw was waiting for an elevator with some people - I wasn't talking with them and they didn't seem to know each other. But when it came, as if at a prearranged signal, they all hurried in and then even though there was room for me, none of them would look at me and someone even JABBED THE CLOSE DOOR BUTTON so it closed before I could get in. Wtfffff

I could understand this with LFN, which really intimidates / cows people on me. But not lfm...

This did not exactly feel good. I had to struggle a bit afterward not to feel bad about myself. I was dressed normally - pretty dressed up actually - and was wearing makeup and my hair was did. The pattern was so stark that I was able to convince myself , barely, I'd maybe overdone the phero - though, a thin 3 inch stripe smoothed onto one forearm and then split to the other, really?

Thanks only to my current hypnosis habit I didn't console myself by stuffing down an entire large pizza or whatever the way I'd have done in the past.

Edited by tyvey

OMG tyvey! I'm so sorry this happened to you! I just don't understand. This is so opposite of what LFM does best. I can offer no explanation as to what happened here, but please don't feel bad about yourself, I can not imagine anything you could have done that would have warranted this kind of reaction. Let's see what input others may have on this, but please try not to blame yourself. Hugs!

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

That's very kind rose. What I can't figure out is the delayed reaction! At least in my experience, if you od people, it doesn't take a 3 minute lag time to affect them.

Maybe.. they suddenly became aware of the time and attention they were giving you.

I have noticed,, not quite that dramatically, that twice with Heart & Soul. people became very chatty and focused all their attention for quite awhile, then when it's become time to move on or past time, they, at some point, can have a look or reaction as if shaking their head and saying WTF.

More a reaction of SUPRISE to their own over- interest. Just a thought.

Edited by StacyK

Excellent insight Stacy! Something I will keep in mind if I ever notice something like this! Tyvey, I think you might very well have your answer. It was not you. They likely were reacting to their own reactions. I am sitting here trying to imagine myself falling into some sort of spell like state over someone and catching myself doing it. I would be embarrassed and more than a little weirded out! Stacy, I think you have solved this mystere! (Sorry, thought some levity might help)

Tyvey, just read about your experience. This is exactly what LFM does to me a lot- it makes people simultaneously fascinated by me, and unwilling to come anywhere near me. Sometimes I can almost feel this weird vibe emanating off of me when I wear it- it's like a dark, mysterious, completely unapproachable, femininely powerful, aloof, superior energy that really intimidates people. I feel like some kind of Morgana-like figure when it wears this way on me- I'm really interesting, but not someone you'd want to be near for long, or feel comfortable speaking to. I'm a soft and feminine person naturally, not intimidating at all, but I am an introvert, and I feel like this blend has some strange magic that picks up on and amplifies whatever mood, role or personal construct I'm operating under at the time.

I have actually caught people staring at me out of the corner of their eyes while remaining a good, safe distance away from me. It's fascinating stuff, a dark faery glamour of a blend, but so strange and powerful.

Edited by vladmyra

OH that's right! You and lfm are the carpet swan thing!! I knew my experience was reminding me of something but I couldn't put my finger on what. That makes a lot of sense, because I'm outgoing, so after three minutes of me people would want to beat a retreat to a safe distance. And yet it also reliably makes people invade one"s personal space??? Sounds as though you and I should generally wear as little as possible....

Yep, I've successfully worn it in La Sylphide when careful not to spray too much. But UN LFM = Carpet Swan for me. I wouldn't want to get too close to a swan either- those beasts are damned scary close up!

Would this be similar to LP honeyed Love Potion?

To me this is not similar at all to honeyed LP, which didn't work for me despite my love of honey scents. Went soapy on me.

LP Rouge, to my nose, smells almost identical to LP Red. I've worn it twice now and the honey is just not registering to my nose. It is all vanilla and cinnamon.

LP Red and I don't get along, but I was hoping that this would be more like OCCO Red, which works really well on me. I think it's the apricot that is a little too rich for me to wear. This is a nice take on LP Red, though - it's a bit more foody with more of a honey note, and the patchouli behaves itself nicely. If you are a fan of LP Red, I think that you'll love this!

I love LP Red, so I had high hopes for this one!

The first whiff from the sample and the first couple of minutes on my skin are lovely; a bit like LP Red, yes, but warmer, more spicy - and more spicy too in a non-literal sense, if you know what I mean. ;)

Unfortunately, after that initial burst of lovelyness, something starts amping op on my skin.

I can't put my finger on what it is; it's not the cinnamon (which I do tend to amp, but I don't usually mind that), perhaps a different spice?

It's quite distracting and a little frustrating, because I can still smell the rest of the Rouge behind it, as it were - but this one element just pushes to the foreground, shouting.

I might be able to wear it on my clothes or in a scent locket, though.

I've even considered ordering another sample (might still do that later) so I can experiment a bit more freely; perhaps with some kind of buffer or a rich cream on my skin, that might change the chemistry enough so that that one thing does not drown all the other notes.

In any case, it is great to experience a variation on a scent I love very much!

I really like LP red, but the cinnamon can get too strong on me sometimes and it can also come off a bit dry. LP Rouge on the other hand plays so much nicer on my skin and I can pick out the other notes better too. Any honey or sweetness comes off as golden. And LFM is the perfect phero match.

This will be an interesting one to age. I'm thinking about getting a bottle just to tuck away from use and see how it morphs over time. Awesome job Mara!

This will be an interesting one to age. I'm thinking about getting a bottle just to tuck away from use and see how it morphs over time. Awesome job Mara!

Oh, ageing!

I'd completely forgotten about that.... Hm, might have to get a bottle after all (if there is some left by the time I place another order) just to try that out!

To my nose, this is so much like Honeyed LP, but maybe with a little pinch more cinnamon. And like Honeyed LP, it is very fruit and honey forward, and I can't get my brain to stop thinking of the herbal fruit tea I used to drink all the time! I find this to be more tea-like than Ceremony, crazy, huh? I don't think this will be a FB purchase for me, more for everyone else. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

mine is always ol. I have no problem with dispersion since I live in a tropical climate.

lalaDinky ... I'm often traveling between tropical and sub-tropical climates. I've gotten most figured out with subs, but the tropical climate seems a bit more tricky. Of course, some of that may also be compounded with being outside more while in the tropics. Any tips?

• 3 weeks later...

This one is quickly becoming my favorite scent to wear. The scent on me, my clothes, even my watchband lasts for DAYS. I guess my chemistry agrees with it. Whenever I open up my closet, all I can really smell is the Rouge, even though I have plenty of others and I have never spilled my roller-bottle. I'd have to say the scent is closest to how I view myself...intense, feminine, seeking balance.

Guest cutie.pie

I'm sooooooo HAPPY I found my sweet spot with LFM! This is a second (I've tried four so far) phero that is working for me! I feel sparkly, glamorous, that's how I feel when I wear Celebutante, so I'm not sure is it LFM, Rouge or both and I'm wondering should I get Un LFM or a FB of this? ;)

I've bought some Un's but found that emotionally, they don't have the same selfies for me without the scent. And I've tried covering with an LP scent but if they don't have the same intent, then it gets confusing energetically for me. I'm guessing that in time, as I get to know what each blend makes me feel, I'll be able to combine better on my own. But for now, I will trust Mara to combine intents and effects.

I really like this one - tested a few tims and it's really growing on me more and more.

At first I smell the apricot and honey the most then cinnamon takes over some. After about 15 minutes or so, cinnamon calms itself down and I can smell sweet honey and apricot again. I love that this is made with LFM, since both are really sultry and almost mysterious - maybe that's LFM talking. The cinnamon is still very much present, but is more blended after about 30 minutes. YUM.

Though I'm a pink sugar / foodie girl, there is something very alluring about the scent overall. My most recent test was boosted with separate LFM (looking for selfies).

This is a very sexy and seductive scent. On me, I don't smell vanilla but the honey behaves and plays well on my skin. I have FB in oil. Happy I went for FB unsniffed!

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!! The excitement! :chickendance::w00t:

A honey scent that doesn't go rank on Rosebud!!! Woohoo!!! :UkkiBannana: This one is luscious! I get bright honey with a fruity top note, (I'm guessing it's the apricots), though I can't say the fruity note is very specific for any particular fruit. There is also a sexy, spicy warmth underneath it all which is probably the cinnamon coming through. It reminds me of those big red chewing gums. Funnily enough I don't get LP Red from this but then I used to always amp the cinnamon and vanilla with LP Red. I never got any fruit with it like most people did.