Love Potion: Rouge w/La Femme Mystere

OMG!!! The excitement! :chickendance::w00t:

A honey scent that doesn't go rank on Rosebud!!! Woohoo!!! :UkkiBannana: This one is luscious! I get bright honey with a fruity top note, (I'm guessing it's the apricots), though I can't say the fruity note is very specific for any particular fruit. There is also a sexy, spicy warmth underneath it all which is probably the cinnamon coming through. It reminds me of those big red chewing gums. Funnily enough I don't get LP Red from this but then I used to always amp the cinnamon and vanilla with LP Red. I never got any fruit with it like most people did.

Rosebud, I love the honey in this one too - and the apricot! My skin def amps the cinnamon but it calms down later (stays prominent but I love it) and the sweet honey and apricot give it smoothness. This was one of my 1st FB orders (admittedly bc I wanted to try LFM and found a deal on a swap page), so glad I've tried. I like this bc my skin turns some honey blends into a weird powdery thing. But with this- honey is smooth and golden.

It's sophisticated but not in a 'mature' way - in a sexy sllnky way. Also bc of LFM. :D I've read a lot on the threads @ ppl refering to aging, I'm thinking this will age wonderfully - glad to have FB.

ETA: so had super awful typos that I had to correct.

Edited by Beach Goddess

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cutie.pie

I had a parents teacher meeting on Wednesday. Don't know how that goes in US but here all parents (of every student) are together in a classroom with a teacher...

My ex went with me (I was really surprised he wanted to go, but I guess it was because our twin girls just started going to school, first grade). He sat next to me. I was wearing LP Rouge, but due to still being sick with a cold, I can't smell anything!

The teacher was giving a lecture, and my ex had an opinion and comments about everything. It was like he was peacocking. I had to ask him to shut up. Behind us was sitting a woman he knows, she is married to a guy he knows, so I wasn't sure was he acting like this because of her or me (I mean LFM ;)) But he really isn't like this!

For some reason LP Rouge enhanced with LFM smells like I haven't bathed in days on me... I don't know why... I tried 1 4 inch swipe of the trial vial wand, and also a full on swipe (re-dipping) from navel to neck, combined with swipes from elbow to wrist on each arm... I can't notice effects yet, other than the smell that bothers me.

Totem Bat with LFN on the other hand had great effects, at the large dose mentioned...

Maybe I need to try the unscented LFM. Suggestions?

Guest cutie.pie

For some reason LP Rouge enhanced with LFM smells like I haven't bathed in days on me... I don't know why... I tried 1 4 inch swipe of the trial vial wand, and also a full on swipe (re-dipping) from navel to neck, combined with swipes from elbow to wrist on each arm... I can't notice effects yet, other than the smell that bothers me.

Totem Bat with LFN on the other hand had great effects, at the large dose mentioned...

Maybe I need to try the unscented LFM. Suggestions?

When did you get it? Maybe it's travel shock?

So its official... This does not work with my chemistry. Last night my SO asks: "what have you been wearing lately, it smells like baby wipes combined with oak/spiced candle"... I told him I've been trying a few artisan fragrance samples, and that I wish he had told me earlier. When I applied LP Rouge and asked him if that's the one he was referring to, it was an immediate YES!

:(

Guest cutie.pie

I'm in Europe and when my goodies arrive I need to let them rest and in few days they will be different, better... Not sure if you know what I mean.

I'm sad it doesn't work for you. Have you tried LP Red? I'm sure you will soon find something you will love and will work for you!!!! :)

To me, LP Rouge is LP Red + honey. Have you tried LP Red?

Me too! I think that when I first started wearing LP's I would not like this because I did not like any honey in my scents....but I do love this one. I would suggest trying regular LP Red or chalking this up to one that just doesn't work on your skin! There are plenty that others love and I don't...and just as many that I love!!!

Get samples before buying bottles!!!

I will have to try a sample of LP red :)

I agree there are plenty that smell great on my skin. I love Totem Lamb and Totem Panda. So I think the more fresh scents are better on my skin if identified those correctly :) I also love Crescendo!

And who knows, maybe LP Rouge will work sometime in the future. ..

I am sure I will find something, but honey is probably not an ingredient I would pick as a main ingredient in a fragrance.

I also wonder if LP Rouge would smell different on me if I got it in spray versus oil.

Hi Phergineer, there are several honey types from what I gleaned from threads. Obviously Mara, Luna, Halo know more - and there is info on honey types on the questions for Mara threads..

Anyhow honeys (and other notes) react differently on different ppl. The 'babywipe' smell you got may be from a powdery reaction your skin has to a certain type of honey. I get the same thing, but on other honey scents (seems the smutty honey), the honey stays true on me. Sexology III, Bam Original also morph to that powder scent on me which I don't like on myself. Pherogirl doesn't morph like that on me - has a hint of powder smell on me but mostly golden and smutty honey.

Speaking of which, I just saw the post for sugared honeycomb - that should be good honey scent (for my skin chemistr) based on descrip.

Just thought I'd throw that info out there - have learned from reading so many threads and per advice from the pros on the site, that each scent can be unique, even if notes are same. If honey isn't your thing, that's cool, just suggesting you may want to try other scents that may actually give the sweetness you may be looking for and maybe not yet kick honey to the curb. ;) Unless you want to of course.

I can't speak to spray vs. oil as far as scent, except you could apply the sceneted oil to (oil safe) fabric to see if it morphs to powder. It if doesn't (and may not since morphing has to do w/ skin chemistry based on forum info), that would be a good test. If you don't love it, no stress - there are so many things here to love. IMO.

Hope you keep sampling and having fun! I'm newbie and have about 5 scents I adore, with no plans to return to commercial fragrance bc I love the artistry, the uniqueness, and that each batch is hand-brewed with intent and LP love. :D

Yesterday I put on Phero Girl and walked by my SO... he immediately asked "What did you spray?!" and and told me he does not like it. The same issue as with LP Rouge. Now I know Sexspionage and LP Gold trigger the same effect. I wonder whether to try Mara's Rocket Fuel or not, since that has honeycomb in it...

Yesterday I put on Phero Girl and walked by my SO... he immediately asked "What did you spray?!" and and told me he does not like it. The same issue as with LP Rouge. Now I know Sexspionage and LP Gold trigger the same effect. I wonder whether to try Mara's Rocket Fuel or not, since that has honeycomb in it...

idk - haven't tried. I read the threads a LOT to get reviews and pick samples from that - i.e. if someone had that honey go powder on them, it'll probably go powder on me just bc I now know that my skin morphs most honeys.

What types of scent genres do you usually like? There are loads of LP scents and I've only tried a handful being newbie myself. There are so many genres, and many scents without a honey base. I have several I've found that I always want to have - and most are PERM bc I didn't want to fall in love and then find out it would be sold out before I could order.

I was almost sure this would be the right one for me based on the list of ingredients, the only reason I held back was because I didn't know if rouge or lp red would be a better choice and decided to buy samples of both before getting a fb. lucky I did!

I'm a newbie to scents but figured I can't go wrong with vanilla and honey. there was no vanilla in this for me and I don't think I detect any honey either. it starts out smelling like blackcurrants before morphing into a cough drop scent and finally stays on as a sour scent, almost like plums. :(

If I were you I would just wait until next month....you can get samples of the unphero's then!!!!

Or just add LP Red to your Rouge until then maybe...

Thank you, wait until October or November? You know how agonizing it us to wait that long when it comes to pheros ;)

I don't have LP Red, I heard that might work though. But I think honey scents are a no go for me so far.

So I gave this one another try. I swiped (sample wand) once on each elbow crease, and behind the knees, re-dipping each time.

I then added some LP Gold, just one sample swipe on the wrists.

I think the scent behaves the same on my skin, but I may be getting used to it. LP Gold did not overpower it in any way.

I went to work, and one of my coworkers said I smelled nice, about 2.5 hours after application. It's odd, because I still think I smell like smokey powder, and my SO will not like it, but I should be able to shower before I am around him.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure why I won't give this one up... most likely because I want to use up the LFM :) Today, I figured I would wear it to work - to avoid my SO from smelling me. But he was still around when I was getting ready to leave. I applied the scent, quite generously I must say, and he walks in the bedroom saying: "Smells like honey!" Where did this come from?! :Emoticons04280: Before I left, I told him it's the scent he always refers to as the "smokey poo/smokey baby wipes" one, and I wanted to only wear it at work so he wouldn't smell it... And his reply was "Well, you keep saying the LP scents have honey in them, so I guess I am starting to detect that".

There are 2 factors that are contributing to this change, in my opinion:

1) It's my time of the month, and I don't remember wearing LP Rouge during this time before

2) SO woke up sneezing and with a stuffy nose, so he may not be discerning notes properly

An hour later from application, my wrist still smells perfumey with a hint of honey, which is a pleasant surprise!!! When did this happen?! How did I miss this?

To make everything better, I walk out of the elevator at work, and one of the ladies sees me and says "Good morning, you look so pretty today! Lovely outfit!" I never got that reaction on this particular girly outfit. :princess2:

I really hope it doesn't turn smokey as the day goes by. :fingers-crossed:

Edited by phergineer

Guest cutie.pie

I was wearing LP Rouge the other day and was on a bus going to pick my girls up from school. The bus was almost empty, there was three of us. A guy comes in, asks if the seat is taken and sits right next to me!! He tried to start a conversation, twice, but I just wasn't interested. I LOVE THIS! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this to a work meeting last week and let me just say the results where Amazing..one of my male co-workers comitted he did care for whatever pefumfe I was wearing when he passed me in the hall but then choose to sit right next to me even though there where tons of places to sit and then in our smaller debrief meeting he actually started to rub me shoulders when the meeting got a little heated..he has never done anything like this to me before.. A friend of mine knows a have been learning about pheromones and after she was like what the h*** I can't believe how the guys where acting around you today that was crazy where you wearing "that stuff?" I can't wait to wear it again-

• 3 months later...

wearing this on one wrist and LP Red on the other, OMG !!! This has aged and melded together BEAUTIFULLY !!!

Edited by liz

I received my trial of this earlier today and have been observing it all day and I really like this one. I like LP: Red so I suspected I'd also like this one.

It has a slightly lighter scent to it than Red does which I am attributing to the Apricot. This fruity honey-ness is really nose forward on me for the first couple of hours then slowly the cinnamon, with a delicate dusting of Patch, comes to centre stage and it's then a much subtler warmer aroma with the honey still humming in the background.

This is definitely going on my FB list for my next order.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to warm up the LFM in this so you don't get the aloof effect? I'm one of those people that people usually stare at me and not approach me (alpha chick). I really want to like this combo (and I got a trial vial) but am looking for ways to "warm up" the effects of LFM so I am approachable. Any suggestions?

Is there a way to warm up the LFM in this so you don't get the aloof effect? I'm one of those people that people usually stare at me and not approach me (alpha chick). I really want to like this combo (and I got a trial vial) but am looking for ways to "warm up" the effects of LFM so I am approachable. Any suggestions?

Hi, again! I responded elsewhere but just for the sake of clarity for any folks who read this in the future, the aloofness you mention is not part of the formula and is just something a handfull of people have reported. It is much more likely that you will have a really pleasing result from LFM just as it is. I can also be intimidating and seem unapproachable, but I have had some very good hits from LFM. The key is finding your sweet spot and experimenting with different application amounts and with different people/situations.

In terms of warming up from the get-go, your attitude and behaviour probably make the biggest difference. If you feel approachable, open, and warm then people will pick up on that. I am saying this based on my own phero experiences, including with LFM. On the off chance that you do run into any issues then pop back and let us know the details and we'll see if we can make some useful suggestions.

Guest cutie.pie

Thanks for that Donsie. Look at me, already looking for the dark clouds on my new shiny toys. I should give it a test drive before assuming this isn't going to work for me!!!

LFM has est so check out this thread, maybe you will find it helpful, especially Rose Blackthorn's posts ;)http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=6268

Edited by cutie.pie

Thanks for that Donsie. Look at me, already looking for the dark clouds on my new shiny toys. I should give it a test drive before assuming this isn't going to work for me!!!

Hey, I feel you on that. Don't worry about it. Like halo said in the other thread, try not to think about any potential negatives as that will probably draw them to the fore. Just have a play and relax about the results as much as you can. I will say that finding my sweet spot with LFM/LFN has been a tricky (ongoing) process, so you may well need to do a fair bit of experimentation. You might find it useful to keep notes (yes, really) on how much you apply and what the results are.

Guest cutie.pie

I agree with Donsie. You should try to keep track on how much you applied, where did you apply it and what were the results. I thought I would remember everything so for the first couple of months I was a mess lol, but now I have my notebook :)

Finding my sweet spot with LFM was tricky too, because sometimes I get selfies, and sometime I don't, but now I mainly use it to effect others so that they are nice to me :Emoticons0424:

I posted on the LFM thread but I really need to attribute the "magic" to Rouge. I'm buying a FB in spray TONIGHT.

I wore a LFM/Une/COPs mixture on my torso. Even dabbed a bit of LAM on my wrist. Never smelled it. But with my trial size of Rouge, I made a tiny spray and went out. I sprayed Rouge on my hair, neck and chest. While I didn't feel like Queen Bee, I did feel more confident and I smelled amazing. This is my new scent to use for hair spray to diffuse the pheromone--and it did a fine job of getting the smoke smell out of my hair!! I felt like all eyes were on me throughout the night. Best of all, a guy who I met a few weeks ago was in the band playing and he asked me out. I don't drink anymore and I really lost my mojo recently but I was able to flirt and converse and feel confident that I was beautiful, valuable and worthwhile. . and I believe that was because Rouge made me do it!!! I never felt "up" or otherwise affected, but I felt super pretty, super noticeable, and ultimately, super confident. Thank you Mara for making Rouge!!!

I'm so glad you had such a great time with LFM. I think you've experienced the magical one-two punch of LPs, which is that the wonderful scents like Rouge draw in your targets and while they're there the pheros really hook them. Also, I'm not much of one for combos, but the ones you used are all quite logical ones (LFM+cops+LAM) and it worked so well that I'd be very tempted to give that a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

Oh, and enjoy your date!

You'll hear lots of folks on here talk about sticking with the same phero 'signature' when getting to know someone better; you don't want to suddenly not smell like yourself as he understands it. Basically, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Since LP: Rouge and LFM worked so well for you I'd stick with this spray and use a bit of your copped LFM scented with Une (I think that's what you have, yes?) on your torso and cleavage. If you want to scale back the overt sexiness you could leave out the touch of LAM from your original combo.

I agree with Donsie. I have also noticed that men oftentimes like to recoginse you by your scent and it creates in their minds a sensation of something familiar, so i'd stick with your combo at least for the time being. You can always switch it up on the dates to come.

I think that now when you meet again you want to remind him (through scent and phero at least) why he asked you out. I'm sure he liked you regardless of the phero combo but the mix together with your aura and magnetism left a lasting impression on him, so that's why i believe you should stick with it for now. Just my two cents.

Just to give an example, the guy i was interested in last year (i still am ... but anyway...), on our first date i wore LP Red with OCCO Red. I made sure everytime i was to meet him after that, either a chance meeting, or a scheduled one, i made sure i wore the same combo. He would stop dead in his tracks and try to find me in the crowd because he recognised my scent and he knew it was me. Every single time.