Help, my hubby doesn't like my Heart Strings!

Ladies and Gents,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I have been reading posts for a few months now, glad I found LPMP!! Anyway, I just mixed my Heart Strings which I LOVE in with my Heart & Soul yesterday as I wear that a lot. My hubby has mentioned a few times that he does not like the scent. I adore both, and thought it would maybe grow on him, or he is smelling it right after I put it on. I have put almost 3/4 a bottle of oil into my 1/2 way full or a little less Heart & Soul I am not sure how to make this appealing to him (I don't want them to go to waste)! My kids love it, and I have gotten compliments from others on it also. It has been a really rocky last year for us, won't go into details but after 14 years of marriage I needed to put that spark back into our marriage and that is what lead me here! So, that being said, is there any advice on layering, or anything that I can do to appease his fickle nose?

Some people just don't like rich foody scents.

I don't know if there's anything you can do to make him like the scent. I say if you like it, wear it sometimes just just do it for you.

There are many LP fragrances, you might want to look for a delicate scent that you can both enjoy to keep in your arsenal. If your unsure if what he may like I say get some varying samples. Take note of anything he comments on. :)

Welcome!

Well, adding the scent to an almost equal amount of unscented phero blend can dilute the scent for one thing.....he may be smelling the pheros, which can smell unpleasant to some noses. Especially Est, which can be a little smelly. If you have any of the heart strings left, I would apply more of it after the one mixed into the pheros dries down.

Second, he may be like my man.....he doesn't care for foody scents on me. Lots of men do, but mine absolutely DOES NOT!

Maybe ask him what he doesn't like about the scent? Hopefully that could direct you toward some scents that he may enjoy.

My guy doesn't like rich, foody, spicy scents. I've tried many with him, because they are so yummy and I have a lot of them. But he just doesn't like them. He prefers clean, soapy types of scents, and some pink-y scents.

I don't know if there's anything you can do to make someone like something. I think you're better off trying to find out what kind of scents he does like and experimenting with some samples to find some that you both enjoy.

I'm yet another lady here whose guy hates foody scents. Doesn't matter what kind it is, he doesn't like it when I smell like food. So I don't really think there is anything that can be done. But that said, the pheros inside or that I wear with them still affect him. i just have to be sure to be close to him, because he's definitely not taking extra sniffs of it. So if you like it, continue to wear it if you want the H&S effect. But like Dolly said, it's extremely diluted, so be careful that you're not using too much phero in an effort to get a stronger scent.

Unfortunately you are not the only lady here who has loved a scent only to have her husband/SO wrinkle his nose at it. But it works both ways as my wife has not cared for a couple of the scents that I really like.

Like the ladies have said, not much you can do about it. The pheromones are still working, but the scent will distract him.

My man does not like foody scents at all. Nothing I can do to them will change that. For the most part, I'm not a big fan of foody scents on me either, except for certain fruits. But sometimes in general, there will be a fragrance that I love but he is not fond of. In these situations I am not going to give them up, BUT...I *will* compromise and mix things up wearing those things when I am in the mood and also wearing something I have that he does like. To me, it is a lot like clothing. I don't really expect or need that he is going to love everything I wear, but if I love it, I am still going to wear it when I feel like it. If we do this though, we just can't expect them to respond as if they do love it. Everyone handles things differently and I suppose it also depends on the degree to which he is hating it. Good luck Shel! :)

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

If you're trying to get to him with the sexual-socials you have to use a carrier he likes. That's just how it is, because it won't work if he's not enjoying your airspace.

Shel, gurl! If hubby don't like it, it's a wrap :(What does he like? Wear what appeals to him! See Luna's comment below. You may have to set the Heart Strings and Heart & Soul to the side until such time. As you can see, the blends at LPMP span the gamut. Get something else geared to adding that spark you want in your marriage! Once you've appeased his nose with his favs, in time, he may be less averse to you wearing some of yours.

As an aside, I love-love-love Heart Strings, just got it in my last order. It is a dynamite fragrance so I know where you're coming from. Be that as it may, sounds like priority is dictating that you find 'sumthin' else. Do you have the women's sampler set yet? It'd be perfect to test some scents on your hubby! Try and try again. All in all, the best with everything, surely better days await.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/articles/Sets

scroll to the bottom and look for "best selling fragrance sampler for women"

Ladies and Gents,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I have been reading posts for a few months now, glad I found LPMP!! Anyway, I just mixed my Heart Strings which I LOVE in with my Heart & Soul yesterday as I wear that a lot. My hubby has mentioned a few times that he does not like the scent. I adore both, and thought it would maybe grow on him, or he is smelling it right after I put it on. I have put almost 3/4 a bottle of oil into my 1/2 way full or a little less Heart & Soul I am not sure how to make this appealing to him (I don't want them to go to waste)! My kids love it, and I have gotten compliments from others on it also. It has been a really rocky last year for us, won't go into details but after 14 years of marriage I needed to put that spark back into our marriage and that is what lead me here! So, that being said, is there any advice on layering, or anything that I can do to appease his fickle nose?

:smiley-signs005:

If you're trying to get to him with the sexual-socials you have to use a carrier he likes. That's just how it is, because it won't work if he's not enjoying your airspace.

You guys are all so amazing!!!! Alas, I will set my beloved Heart Strings aside. Anyways, I know he loves vanilla, hates musk (again I love this sexy smell) any ideas? I have thought about trying something like Love potion Pink, what are your favorite vanilla scents to start off with? By the way, Perfect Match is the bomb!!! I want to find a yummy dreamy vanilla scent to boost this with!

If you want a serious sex blend, you could try OCCO White.....triple vanilla, very nice! This would not be a good one for wearing outside the house though! Too many cops!!

LP Original is nice too.....

Yeah OCCO White is pretty much the ubervanilla of the LPMP line, you can also get it in a non-cops version (these are called NoCo).

Beth's Blushing Milkmaid (which also contains cops) is a popular vanilla too.

But if you get OCCO White, make sure it dries down before he smells you!!!!

Maybe get a woman's sampler and a few others that appeal to you and have him be a part of the selection process when they arrive. My husband was fond of a particular scent on me for a gazillion years, so when I sprung LPMPs and pheros on him it was mad fun, but also trial and error to find what we BOTH liked. Now he gets a big kick out of each month's order and takes time to slow down and "pick" certain ones he likes. So far, we've both loved the ones he's "chosen".

Doesn't mean I don't still wear what I want to (clothes wise or scent wise) most of the time, just that when it's "date night" or play time, I'll dress up for him and wear his favorite stuff/scents. He loves Cougar Potion, Sneaky Clean/SS4W, Gypsum White/Lace, X-Appeal/Sexology and The Promise/Perfect Match. White florals basically I guess, but then we like a lot of the darker/tobacco/resin ones as well. Just depends on the mood/setting what your goal is. And I still have other brands I love which I layer over the OCCOs or my UNCougar.

Enjoy, and have fun with it all! :001_302:

I think Heart Strings is also already enhanced with Balm Bomb? Did you mix it with H&S because you liked the scent, or were you going for something in addition? I say go for Love Potion original w/ a Perfect Match boost :)

No , Heart "Strings" is not phero enhanced.

"Hearts Ease" from the same Boho Cats collection is the one enhanced with Balm Bomb.

I think the big problem is that Heart Strings is a pretty heady foody scent. If one is not accustom to artisanal fragrance it requires an adjustment in your thinking about what a perfume is. HS is such a bold foody, someone who does not like foodys could be turned off by pure shock.

I say gently win him over by using something subtle and working your way up. :)

Edited by StacyK