How will I ever afford this addiction? ;)

CloneClubSestra

Hi everyone! It's nice to 'meet' you all. I've been reading the forum the last few weeks while getting my first order of samples and familiarizing myself with all the amazing Pheros, Perfumes, and combos available. How will I ever choose???

I'm Lissa, and I am a fragrance addict. *waves at the circle in the room* Since my first bottle of "Tinkerbelle" splash perfume at 7 years old, and first "Wild Musk" candle when I was 12, I've been all about home and personal fragrance.

I've been aware of my own ovulatory pheromones casting a cloud of Zombie-like devotion on males even through my late 30's. It cracked me up (in the sweetest way) to see some teenager bagging my groceries, making moon eyes at me and thinking the poor kid was young enough to be *my* kid and that he was just seeing me through the haze of hormones. ;) However, this peri-menopause things *sucks* because I'm not ovulating regularly anymore and I want more good times with my DH. I'm presuming that means cops? And I want sparkling, fun, happy girl pheros, because I've had some suck times the past few years: Major Depressive Disorder, Fibromyalgia, and bad, bad, arthritis in my hips. Anything that will be a tool to make *me* feel happier and upbeat, because I know that in turn will make those around me happier.

In sampling the Phero combos and straight perfumes from LMPM I've been blown away by the complexities of the mixes and how not only do they have a richness and unique vibrancy I've never experienced before, but depending on the day, they even smell slightly different on me (where I was in my cycle) and I *love* that! So far the two that smell best on me and that I think my DH responds best to are Cuddle Bunny & Sneaky Clean. I love the LP Original and ordered a jar of the cream from Artfire to match. Yum!!

I honestly don't know (or think I can) go back to a commercial perfume again. I sprayed some on yesterday and it...stunk. This is my favorite perfume in the world. It's EXPENSIVE. And it smelled so cheap and alcoholy...and...just...ish.

Oh, Love Potion...you've cast a spell on me. :hearts0425:

Welcome CloneClubSestra. Sounds like you are already lost in LP land with the rest of us (happy and smellin fine though!) I'm still a newbie... started my addiction with LP the beginning of March. In three short months I've amassed quite a collection and variety of LPs and still find new "wants" and surprises every week. I've come to rely heavily on the forum threads and the Reading Room for learning all about the "art" that Mara creates and the vastly different uses for pheros. I hightly recommend spending as much time as you can spare perusing the pheromone wiki, lists and forums - there is so much great info and the members are helpful, informative and lighthearted to boot. Welcome to Adventureland - LP style.

I can definitely relate to what you are experiencing. I just started in peri-men last fall and it has been a venerable roller coaster ride to say the least. Not to mentions run-ins with all the 'other' fun stuff you mentioned at one time or another. We women have an interesting smorgasbord don't we? And at any given time the "featured dish" on that menu changes radically. I dove into LP to experiment with spicing things up in my marriage, as well as making myself feel better. LP has done both and so much more. The hardest things are a)deciding on what to order b)trying not to overdo it c) budgeting...d) SEE a) and repeat. Everyone connected with LP is awesome. You will absolutely love it here.

Edited by LoveStruck55

Hi Lissa! Welcome! I have fibro too so I know how much that sucks. Have you considered lace? I have a perfume that is boosted with lace+ cops and that makes me feel pretty happy. I got it a loooong time ago but only recently started to love lace- I got it back when I was new and clueless! I boosted stuff with pheros I then didn't get along with- I wrecked my dark carnation pe with Dom. Well, it worked together but I only had it with dom so couldn't wear it that often. I think supersexy and cuddle bunny are est based so lace may work too.

Which is your commercial perfume?! I'm dying to know!

:smilies-23596:

Well, you've come to the right place for distraction and fascination! Welcome to, very possiblly, you newset obsession :)

Hi Lissa! It won't be long before you're so addicted you'll have a cupboard full of LP perfumes! I've decided to think of it as a hobby- I collect LP perfumes the way people collect stamps. Makes it easier to justify the crazy greedy way I keep buying them.

Just to let you know, as someone who deals with Major Depressive Disorder myself, I find that I need to give myself very regular breaks from all the pheros, or else I'm left so completely drained and low it's ridiculous. I suppose it makes sense, seeing as though pheros can overload/interfere with neurotransmitters. So just something to be aware of. Having said that they can really lifts your spirits too, so have a ton of fun trying them all out!

Hi! I have bipolar, and Crohn's, lucky me, and I've found the pheros very soothing. I sleep better with a touch of Teddy BB than I ever have otherwise. And cheering, too. As you've found, there's a mix for everything!! In November we get to buy samples of unscented pheromones, so can try lots of stuff!!

As for the expense, well, honestly, it's about the best money I've ever spent. I know that sounds goofy!! So don't worry too much. Soon you'll have a decent stash.

And you can sell partially-used bottles of commercial fragrances online. Or use for bathroom spray.

Welcome CloneClubSestra!! You are in the midst of some great fellow phero addicts..lol ;) I share many of the same medical issues as you as I have RA and it has recently moved into my hips...I have struggled with depression for years due to my RA and I can tell you that finding LPMP was one of the best things to happen to me!! I have only been using them for about 2-3 months, but they have helped me immensely! I would say anything with alpha androstenol high on the list will help to lift your spirits. My favs are Lace, Levitation and recently Super Sexy. I also got a bottle of Alpha Androstenol on its own to use.

I came here for the pheromones, but have since fallen in love with Mara's perfumes...in fact, the dept. store ones smell generic to me now! Some of my perfumes I have already boosted with pheros, but I keep a bottle of my favorite Unscented pheromones on hand for an extra spritz when needed.

Another wonderful product I have recently discovered are Mara's wax melts boosted with pheros...the fragrances are fabulous and fill my whole apartment with luscious smells and pheros (you can also get them without pheros)..they are on the Artfire site under home fragrances.

Any questions you might have will be gladly answered by the veterans...everyone is so helpful!! I wish you a fantabulous phero-filled journey!! :)

***Just so you know, I am Jill (girl)...my profile pic is of my fiance...:)

Edited by TheBirkeys

Welcome! I can only second what all the ladies here have said - get ready to become even more obsessed (and poor - lol!). The products here are amazing. Just out of curiosity, what have you tried besides the few you mentioned above? And what phero mixes have you played with so far? You'll find tons of info and guidance on this board - the ladies (and couple of gentlemen) are so wonderful and helpful! And welcoming too - I'm pretty sure they all thought I was an idiot when I started out, because of how I was dealing with/reacting to a certain situation, but nevertheless they were all so great. You're going to love it here!

Welcome to the forum! I also have chronic pain and a mood disorder. I use Pheros for my own mood manipulation. They work very well. DHEAS and LFM are my two favorites. High anol does not affect me mood wise anymore but huffing it can help ease my pain. I like Lace for that. Just don't use the same ones everyday or you will burnout.

Welcome to our little universe!!

Welcome CCS! Nice to "meet" you! I think we all can relate to your addiction here. Great people, great pheros, great guidance, great perfume. What's not to love? Yes, like all addictions, it can be costly. But it's not BAD for you, and as Vlad has pointed out it is very much like a hobby, collecting them and such. It seems that many of us here deal with some sort of depressive and health issues and I am fairly certain it is no coincidence that we are drawn to fragrance and pheros since they both have *very* profound effects on moods. You have come to the right place. As far as the $$$ part goes, for me it is a matter of prioritizing. I do it when I can and when I can't, I don't. When I can't and don't, I spend time thinking of what I can sell to get $$$ so I can! :Emoticons04263:

Thank you so much, everyone! I appreciate all your guidance, tips and ideas. (I'm literally taking notes.) This feels like coming home into a reunion of family and friends I never knew I had! Isn't it amazing how we were all drawn here for various reasons, (including the sadness of the unfortunate things we share), and we get to celebrate the joy and excitement of the amazing things the pheromones can do and share the fun of new scents together.

Overdoing it in an already taxed brain and taking phero breaks makes total sense, so THANK YOU for the heads up on that. I really love this forum already and how much everyone seems to look out for each other.

@cinnamonmel It's Acqua Di Parma Gelsomino Nobile. (It's a jasmine, pinky peppery musk).. Many Sephora gift cards gave their lives so I could own it. ;)

@Amalthea: I've tried all 10 in the "Newbie Sampler", plus OCCO Pink & Red, plus Flowers in the Moat that was one of the free samples Mara included. The heavier scents perfume only (like the Black LP) I did a quick swipe on my arms, but won't really break out until colder weather. LP Original, Pink & Red all work really well with my chemistry, as do the OCCO. However I haven't found a sweet spot for the OCCO that seems to have gotten DH's attention or any self effects yet. TMI smells great and I believe was a total hit (which I reported on its thread). I do like musks and lighter scents, and so wasn't shocked that Sneaky Clean and Cuddle Bunny were favorites, and I think DH might have been a bit more attentive, but I'll have to wear them more and before I can say I'm actually seeing results.

Pherogirl was a fascinating experience. I kind of loved/hated the scent, but I did the "lollipop" pattern I read about here after a shower and let it dry thoroughly before putting on a nightgown in anticipation for some "couple time". My DD hasn't started her cycle yet, (but is close) and she's as "scent oriented" as I am usually noticing both my natural scent and perfumes. She happened to seek me out and needed a hug because of a bad dream on my way to my bedroom. With me wearing Pherogirl she reared back from me like I'd given her an electric shock and gave me the longest side-eye and said, "Mommy, you don't smell like you." I had to bite my tongue so hard to not LOL at the look on her face and just said it was a new perfume I was trying out. She suggested quite firmly that I not wear it again. (ROFLOL). DH said nothing and didn't act like he used to during my natural cops production (more aggressive and hair pulling) but he did ask me afterwards what was up with my new perfume, and why his tongue was tingling because he'd licked some of it during the playtime! Which surprised me because it was completely dry. (DH is not allergic to bees or honey). Still, I clarified that it wasn't allergic reaction and i didn't need to go get my Epi-pen kind of itching "tingle". He said it was more like toothpaste or a hot salsa afterburn. But I'm a little nervous to wear it again.

Edited by CloneClubSestra

Welcome to the forum! I also have chronic pain and a mood disorder. I use Pheros for my own mood manipulation. They work very well. DHEAS and LFM are my two favorites. High anol does not affect me mood wise anymore but huffing it can help ease my pain. I like Lace for that. Just don't use the same ones everyday or you will burnout.

halo0073...I never thought about anol for reducing pain...I have RA (the pain is unbearable sometimes) and have been using it for my depression due to not being able to get out of the house often, but I have noticed I've been feeling a little better pain wise. When you say "huffing" are you referring to the wax melts? If so, do you know if Mara has plans to make anymore? I bought out several of them with the anol and have been using them daily (there aren't any left with the anol except for the one with Topper). They have worked wonders for me...love em!!! :)

halo0073...I never thought about anol for reducing pain...I have RA (the pain is unbearable sometimes) and have been using it for my depression due to not being able to get out of the house often, but I have noticed I've been feeling a little better pain wise. When you say "huffing" are you referring to the wax melts? If so, do you know if Mara has plans to make anymore? I bought out several of them with the anol and have been using them daily (there aren't any left with the anol except for the one with Topper). They have worked wonders for me...love em!!! :)

No I just mean sniffing my wrists really hard. I'm sure she will make more as I haven't been told that they are discontinued but I'm not sure when.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome! I just joined in July and already a full blown addict. I totally agree with your view on the community - finding so many friends that you didn't know you had. I love LP scents but I'm also it in for the pheros for sure. And I love that these are hand-crafted, brewed with intent.

I love everything about LP honestly - which is why I haven't even looked at other phero perfumes - feel like I've already found THE best.

Since working FT in an office to WFH FT (last 2 years) have noticed that not being around ppl for most of day can change chemistry and moods. I found LP looking for intented potions - and then discovered a much bigger world. And it is exciting.

That said, planning my next 3 orders. For me, I have to realize how lucky I am to have the scents and pheros that I have now and to enjoy them rather than angst over the many more I so want to try - like yesterday. :D Anyhow trying and learning is definitely part of the fun. And love the review threads - so helpful.

CloneClubSestra,

The tingling you mention (and I'm no expert, so this is my guess) is the residue of the essential oils and/or the pheros. One of the things I test for when I put something from LPMP on my skin is whether it's 'lickable" . The ones that cause that tingling I then either apply to sneaky places like behind my knees, elbow crease, or I put them in my scent locket to prevent that reaction. Even for social interactions, I had it once where I had applied a mix to the nape of my neck and then when I was hugged, someone accidentally swiped their lips across my skin and reported the same tingling. Now that doesn't happen anymore. Also helps with awareness when interacting with pets.

Maybe that helps !