Molly's Forest Retreat

Bella15

AD-PE-MollyFR_zpsf5689a3b.jpg

Molly's Forest Retreat

Autumnal woods and leaves, made a little more moist per her instructions with a dot of green leaf. A few drops of both apple and pumpkin pies - a little spicy but not too much, a warm sweet amber, a tiny splash of brown sugar, and a solitary drop of earth. A very very nice Autumnal foresty scent!

OMG!!! This is so beautiful!! Wet on my skin, it's very leaf-y. But within a few minutes, it softens up and smooths out. The apple and pumpkin pies are subtle, just a hint of spicy sweetness. The amber is just fabulous... gives it a warm kind of glow.

We try to go camping every year, up in the mountains, around Pinecrest, and this is just like a morning walk through the woods... I can't wait to wear it up there! This is amazing!

Thank you so much, Mara! :hearts0425:

Yeah, this one is calling me, too. Is there any hint of pine?

• 2 weeks later...

How's the brown sugar behaving, Molls? Is it rich and deep like in MRF v2 or lighter and cakey? We have similar tastes, and my buying finger is itching... :lol: I'd be curious to see what you think about this at the end of the day!!

It's definitely lighter. The drydown of this is just fabulous, and if I put it on at night, it's still there in the morning!

Yeah, this one is calling me, too. Is there any hint of pine?

No, it's not really piney. Leafy at the beginning, and woodsy throughout, but not really piney.

• 3 months later...

Finally some fall weather today, so I couldn't resist wearing this. Still just as fabulous, and I can't really add much to my first review. I wore it with OCCO White today, but I think it would be awesome with LAM Spicy Brown Sugar too. I've already gotten a compliment on how good I smell :)

• 2 months later...

Mmm, I got a sniffy of this from a generous forum member, and it's delicious! When it goes on I mostly get a pine-iness, but then the apple and pumpkin slide in gracefully and it becomes something wonderfully complex. It's got a warm burry feel to it, and I definitely get a total evocation of autumn, with crackling leaves underfoot and cool brisk air! Absolutely lovely, and I may need a bottle for next fall!

ETA: Oh, man, the long drydown of this is FANTASTIC!!! It morphs into something so subtle and... PALPABLE. Like I could reach out and stroke the scent.

Edited by Blackcat

• 2 weeks later...

Received a sample of Molly's Forest Retreat. I would absolutely run away to the spot this scent conjurs. Green yet conifer soft, earthy and cooling, a safe haven from the heat of the sun, but cozy and nestled into a favourite spot to hide from the 'too much' of civilisation. Exactly as a forest ought to feel. Well done!

Edited by Wanderlust

• 4 months later...

Got a sniffie of this in my last order. It's the kind of positive, happy wood scent that I just adore. It's probably the amber in there that I'm liking so much. Let hubby have a sniff, he promptly applied and it said "that's nice..."which is a lot coming from him, hehe. Only 7 bottles left on Etsy ! Well done.

• 3 months later...

I really don't want to post about this, because if there are any bottles left I wants them for myself!!! The amber, pumpkin, and apple combine to make the most delicious scent. It has an outdoorsy vibe and is pretty much that Autumn-in-a-bottle scent I have been seeking. It smells like the BBW Leaves scent, but tweaked a bit to be worn as a perfume. I am RUNNING to Etsy for more.

I really don't want to post about this, because if there are any bottles left I wants them for myself!!! The amber, pumpkin, and apple combine to make the most delicious scent. It has an outdoorsy vibe and is pretty much that Autumn-in-a-bottle scent I have been seeking. It smells like the BBW Leaves scent, but tweaked a bit to be worn as a perfume. I am RUNNING to Etsy for more.

Yay!! I knew this was the one you would love!

• 2 weeks later...

I love this one. I kept seeing it on Etsy and almost buying it but then the green mentioned in the description would make me pause and I would end up with something else. I should have looked at the reviews earlier. I love the spicy clean smell of this. This might be strange but I actually like the smell of this on my scarf. I got some on it from the last time I wore it. Mixed with the yarn, it has a warmth and coziness that makes me want to snuggle up in something warm with a nice hot cup of tea and a book.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! I'm so glad you love it!

Bella15/Molls

Yay!! I knew this was the one you would love!

Well I did have some great input from some smart ladies didn't I??? :-). Thanks y'all! I really did love all of the Autumn-ish perfumes I got.

I really like this one as a home scent. It just screams FALL-TIME to me. I've been adding it to my wax melts, putting drops in the water before I mop the house. It gives my house the perfect spicy but clean autumn scent!

• 3 months later...

This is nice! Woods can become too much on me, but this is just right. Outdoorsy but also indoors-y (heh) in that it's like standing outside in October, smelling the forest surroundings, and standing near an open window and smelling pumpkin pie being baked.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 1 year later...

I pulled this out from the back of the drawer (time to bring my Autumn scents forward!) and oh my goodness, its perfect for today. I get compliments every time I wear this! It has aged beautifully ?

• 1 month later...

I received a sniffie of this one long ago...I've been remiss! :nono:

For me there's primarily a pine-y spiciness to this one which is indeed so evocative of Autumn in the woods, everything we enjoy about Fall ambiance. It's definitely that "spicy clean" type of impression which others have noted as well. As it dries down I get a bit more of the sweetness, just a lingering thread, as it were.