Lina's White Velvet Rose

hearts

2wdq89i.jpg

Lina's White Velvet Rose

Lina asked for the most gentle white rose I had, so I chose a "rose milk" oil which is nice and subtle, blended with delicate lychee fruit, sweet condensed milk with a touch of soft vanilla, and a velvety sweet musk to which I added a drop of "pink".

This is beautiful, pretty and fem. It's not my usual decadent, foody rose... It's delicate, sweet and just lovely! The rose in this is reminding me of the one in A Lick of Pink. In fact, I'm finding the scent is very similar even though the notes are different. The lychee is bringing out a hint of sweetness, the rose is very gentle and delicate, and the vanilla/milk and musk give it that irresistible velvety musk that is to die for. It's not foody despite the foody notes and it comes off as "perfume-y". This is one of those scents that is not heavy but lasts on the skin FOREVER and has great throw. Just a small swipe is all that's needed for a cloud of this gorgeous rose milk musk cloud I'm enveloped in.

If I had to pick a phero pairing.. Probably Heart&Soul, TH, Cuddle Bunny or Perfect Match... Its a very innocent, pretty and girly scent.

Thanks for the update, Hearts! So glad I grabbed a bottle of this! I adore rose milk because its so soft and warm yet long lasting. I think you've suggested the perfect pheros to go with it.

Can't wait for my bottle to get here!

I get my bottle today!!! SOOO excited! I love Rose Milk , and I do not mind perfumey rose, so as long as it does not burn my delicate nose hairs!

Hours after I applied it's all soft musk. I think the nose hairs will be happy and treated gently ;)

We need a nose hairs status update over here, LV. Inquiring (nosy??) minds want to know!

Edited by Just Ducky

LOL Happy to report it did not burn my fine nose hairs. This is really beautiful! I am bummed that I boosted mine so I can't wear it right now, but what I was able to smell was something very pretty. To me it smelled expensive and French. Anything that smells expensive to me is automatically French for some reason. It's a very white type of smell for me, not the piercing white, but the white gloves kind of white.

It's very beautiful! It almost reminds me of Orchadacious, where the floral is the centerpiece and the other ingredients that are gourmand, keep it from being foody, but make it elegant.

LOL Happy to report it did not burn my fine nose hairs. This is really beautiful! I am bummed that I boosted mine so I can't wear it right now, but what I was able to smell was something very pretty. To me it smelled expensive and French. Anything that smells expensive to me is automatically French for some reason. It's a very white type of smell for me, not the piercing white, but the white gloves kind of white.

It's very beautiful! It almost reminds me of Orchadacious, where the floral is the centerpiece and the other ingredients that are gourmand, keep it from being foody, but make it elegant.

That sounds perfect, LV!!! Now I REALLY cannot wait for my bottle!

(Glad the delicate nose hairs remain unmolested! And I am soooo going back and editing my prior post now that I'm sober)

• 4 weeks later...

This is such an amazing sheer scent, it's a delicate sugared rose but not in a foodie sense there's just a slight fruitiness on me. It's rose but no one note comes forward with this it's just a beautiful mix of sweetness, perfect for summer, and lovely as a sleep scent too.

• 3 weeks later...

I did it. After everything I have already ordered this month, I ordered this one. This is one I kept coming back to. I confess, the rose scares me because while I adore the smell of roses, I can not usually wear it. But this one.. the pretty name, the precious label, the beautifully milky description.. It just kept haunting me. Honestly, what sealed the deal for m e was when Saffron pointed out that it was a lovely sleep scent! That was it. That was what clinched it. I thought even if this potion is something I would never wear anywhere else, it DOES sound like something I would use to try to sleep. So sweet, so gentle, comforting and dreamy sounding. I had to do it. So.... THAT is it for this month! Will report back on this one!

Well, I was really looking forward to this but when I tested it I think it may have given me a horrible headache. I'm sort of afraid to test it again but it makes me kind of sad if it doesn't work out. This reminds me of LP summer solstice 2009 (LP purple) with it's creamy fruit thing. I will try it again when I can risk getting a headache.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

This arrived with so many other wonderful things that I had done a few bottle sniffs but had not taken out for a proper slather testing until tonight. I really love this! The name says it all -- if the scent were an object it would be a rose made out of white velvet! Hearts already described it perfectly so I can only echo what she said: very delicate, very soft, very pink. I am not really a pink girl in general, so I am kind of surprised by how much I love it. Definitely not foodie, but I can feel the creaminess of the rose milk.

My sense is that I will save this for spring. I am enjoying it today but for me the heat makes it almost a little too much, in terms of the "perfume-y" aspect others have mentioned. I bet that in fifteen degrees cooler weather, though, it will be PERFECTION.

And Saffron, I know what you mean about the fruitiness! Very slight, very delicate, but just rounding out the floral and making it deliciously sweet!

• 4 weeks later...

saffron is 100000% right about this being so sleep-y -- it's so snuggly and sumptuous and fuzzy. It really does incredibly vividly evoke white velvet - it's like wrapping yourself in a huge swath of it! The rose is not sugary, pointy, lush, pink, red, or anything else I have ever experienced rose to be -- it's heady, and if it smells like any color it's probably a dusky only somewhat pinky mauve. SO glad I got this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I got a sniffie of this in an order waaaay back, and I loved it immediately. It reminds me vaguely of Agent XXX, maybe it's the same or a similar rose in both? I don't know. But it has that fizzy candied rose feeling that Agent XXX has that I adore so much. It's almost like a rose-flavoured Rocket - that sweet-tart kind of fizzy nomminess. I rully, rully love it. It sticks around on me for quite a long time, too, which is awfully nice. Verry nice. ;)

I'd been keeping an eye on it on the Artfire page for a while, hoping to score a bottle, but I never did. I thought I was SOL, but I found a bottle on the Trading Post, and WOOHOO! I now have a bottle to call my very own, and since it arrived a few days ago, I can't seem to make myself wear anything else. :)