Honey Whip

Beccah

AD-HoneyWhip_1.jpg

Honey Whip

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
LICORICE ROOT ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

This is amazingly gorge. The honey is light and fluffy in a way I have never smelled honey before. The licorice is very light. In fact the whole perfume is super light. I washed off everything else and did a full proper slather and I can just barely smell it. I am hoping it's travel shock. I will probably buy a bottle anyway and just hope it becomes more present via aging. The weight of it does remind me of Flying Potion. It's so YUMMEH!

This is the one I was most excited to try and wow! In the vial, it's extremely naughty to my nose, very dark and steamy, but as soon as it goes on my skin the honey gets smoothed out with a marshmallow cloud, and the anise both diffuses in intensity and warms the whole thing up. It's a very light, golden scent when it dries -- definitely perfectly named, it's totally whipped honey!

It is very quiet on me, but I too wonder what aging might do to it. Definitely full bottle potential here!

This is probably one of my favorite LP honey scents. That said, I'm very picky about honeys and they can go from golden and sexy to cat pee on me quick. This smells like Flying Potion dripped honey all over herself. I'm getting the same fluffy vanilla marshmallow with hints of licorice but cloaked in a very warm, creamy honey. Honey Whip is a very appropriate name for this scent. The drydown is light and feather like, with a delicate golden sheen.

As mentioned already, this does remind me of Flying Potion. Very light marshmallow, slight twinge of licorice and a warm spring-like honey - not a dirty honey at all but for the life of me, I can barely smell it. I agree Halo, I'm hoping that this gets a little heavier with age. I may have to let this one sit for awhile and come back to it or pull out the silicone and see if it's my chemistry eating up marshmallow again.

First thought that came to me is WARM. This is a warm scent. It's a wayyyy sexier version of Flying Potion. Not dirty but warm sexified honeyed Flying Potion. I like it better than Flying potion. It also smells like a little bit of alcohol in there. Like booze alcohol. Is that licorice? I don't mean that negative at all. I love this one.

Oooh yeah!! Elevation Potion drizzled with honey. I totally agree with that! This is very light and fluffy, like a honey cloud. Softly foody but not overly so. I don't always get along with honey, but this plays nicely in here. I've had this on for about five hours now, and I'm getting more vanilla, but the honey is still teetering on the edge of turning powdery. Lovely, but not sure if it's a full bottle for me just yet.

I was a bit scared of this because honey can smell like OOZING SNATCHAPALOOZA 2014 on me, however I was so surprised to have it smell like opening band.. Sweet and Subtle Snatch. It almost smells like there's a bit of lav in there. It's like a yogurt parfait with whipped cream and drizzles of honey. I love this and find that I am attracted to my wrist. Like I want to devour it and nose hump it.

It also smells like a little bit of alcohol in there. Like booze alcohol. Is that licorice? I don't mean that negative at all. I love this one.

Anise/licorice can have a boozy kind of impression to it sometimes.

When I make pancakes, I like them drizzled with honey (instead of syrup) and topped with whipped cream...in the vial - THAT is what THIS is reminding me of. I want to love this one and have high hopes. I don't smell licorice in the vile, but that could be from the trip. I only just pulled it from the mail tonight, so a proper slathering will follow tomorrow :heart:

Edited by NuTrix

I'm slathered in this one right now, but it's not at all heavy..it's a light anise-honey confection on my skin - perfect for summertime as the really strong heavy notes overwhelm me when it's hot out. GAWD this is tasty! I honestly hope it *stays* this light and floaty!

Yes, this is DEFINITELY FB. It starts out nice and honeyful then slowly the licorice/anise comes forward. The licorice eventually bows out, leaving wonderfully warm and happy honey scented skin. Nothing "dirty" about it at all.

The only Flying Potion vibe I get from it is the licorice -- HW is much warmer and softer than FP. A very summer-friendly scent.

This is a keeper!

This one stayed close to the skin the whole time I had it on. And yummy? Oh yes! I haven't really gotten the licorice all up in my face, it's soft and complimentary to everything else. Then it finishes as a soft sugary amber. I had to put my nose right to my skin to smell it though. I wish it had more umph, but I'm ok with huffing my arms as necessary :lol:

This is soooooo nice...what a great idea, kitteh!

The honey type is really simple to my nose but perfectly sweet, and I think it tempers the licorice a bit, and the two entwine and relax on the fluffiness of the other notes. It fades to a whisper softness really fast, sort of like what Cuchi Head does on my skin, but I feel that's appropriate for a summer-weight scent. I like the lingering hint of licorice it leaves on me.

Oh noes!! :(

I've tried this one a couple of times, and for the first five minutes, it's DELICIOUS, a vanilla-honeyed marshmallow fluff, with just a hint of licorice, soooo good! But then I start amping the licorice to the stratosphere, and something is going "plasticky"?! Dammit. Now I smell like a licorice scented shower curtain. Arrrgh!! I will have to try this one with a scent locket to see if the nommy first five minutes will stick around longer.

Gave this one another spin(s). It starts out really great - perfect - even and then later, though it isn't bad, something changes. I like Flying Potion and there's absolutely a distinction between this and that. I LOVE the honey in this but I'm beginning to realize that I think I would have liked it more w/o the licorice note and yet I still really like this one even though it's not playing as I hoped. The licorice is making it not quite a "me" scent but it's still VERY nommy! :heart:

Oh noes!! :(

I've tried this one a couple of times, and for the first five minutes, it's DELICIOUS, a vanilla-honeyed marshmallow fluff, with just a hint of licorice, soooo good! But then I start amping the licorice to the stratosphere, and something is going "plasticky"?! Dammit. Now I smell like a licorice scented shower curtain. Arrrgh!! I will have to try this one with a scent locket to see if the nommy first five minutes will stick around longer.

I DO get a little something like that on dry down. I couldn't really figure it out myself but plasticky I guess is close enough. Something that is keeping this from being a COMPLETE love. I didn't notice it too much the first time but it seems to be amplifying. Time to let it sit and see what happens when it ages a little.

Minute one: smutty honey, I mean like slf smutty

Minutes two and three: intensely incensey, nag champa-ish :sobs: I think that's how the licorice/marshmallow/amber combo is choosing to manifest itself on my skin :sobs again, wants whipped honey like everyone else:

Minute four: gone, poof!

Gonna give it a few more days to acclimate...

My bf is picky with LPs and let's me know if I smell like a "hippie" or like "Patchoili oil" or "grandma" haha. Those are his go to remarks if he doesn't like something. But, THIS got approval. I thought I had overdid it when I swiped two long stripes down both forearms and rubbed together. He came over and laid his head in my lap while I was on the couch. He snuggled into my arms and said " ooh you smell so good!"

As I feared, the honey goes dirty on me. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like it, but it's just not wear-able in public. I may try it again in a few weeks though, because today even Honeyed LP went kinda dirty which it NEVER has on me, so maybe I need to try a different time of the month.

I ordered FB of Honey Whip - unsniffed - simply based on the comparison to FP (and Luna's descriptions which seem to hypnotize me every time) First dab & wet I got the licorice and NOT FP, but it didn't take long to dry down into a perfect melange of honey, marshmallow, vanilla and that leeetle hint of something darker (gotta be the amber/licorice combo) I guess it reminds me of FP with some of the notes, but IMO the end product is different and lovely on its own.

ETA: I guess I should give SOME credit to Mr. Tighty-Whitey (label dude) for reminding me of every bad boy I've ever lusted for - let's just say he sealed the FB deal.

Edited by LoveStruck55

I claim this isn't right for me and yet my sample is almost empty! There's something oddly addictive about this.

My skin persists in doing the super incensey thing; my nose rationally & clearly can pick out the licorice as itself, but the *overall* impression is a dead ringer for the incense people burn to combat the smell of the pot they smoke, the stuff that is so distinctive and (TMK) used so exclusively for that purpose that people might as well put a sign on their doors reading "MARIJUANA BEING SMOKED WITHIN".

I claim this isn't right for me and yet my sample is almost empty! There's something oddly addictive about this.

My skin persists in doing the super incensey thing; my nose rationally & clearly can pick out the licorice as itself, but the *overall* impression is a dead ringer for the incense people burn to combat the smell of the pot they smoke, the stuff that is so distinctive and (TMK) used so exclusively for that purpose that people might as well put a sign on their doors reading "MARIJUANA BEING SMOKED WITHIN".

:rofl222: LMAO tyvey you crack me up! But... I actually agree here. There is an incense-y aura after it's dried down on me... thankfully it's not too head-shoppy and the scent really makes me happy (perhaps triggered by a long-lost olfactory memory connected to the 'signage' days of which you speak) I still don't get FP (the reason I went FB) but I'm still happy I got this. *Oddly addictive* ~ you said it perfectly. I love the LP honey scents but my skin has managed to make a few of them a venomous something I think SURELY was harvested from a killer bee hive somewhere. Thankfully not so with Mr. Tighty Whitey Honey Whip.

That's crazy that you are getting incense from this. I told myself I was going to get a FB because I loved the creamy dreamy vibe it gave off, and figured I could wear it to bed.. then something screamed.. OH YOU BETTER BI THIS BITCH so I did. How perfect that I am going to smell like a slutty ass creamy dreamy honey yogurt puff pastry parfait for bed???

That's crazy that you are getting incense from this. I told myself I was going to get a FB because I loved the creamy dreamy vibe it gave off, and figured I could wear it to bed.. then something screamed.. OH YOU BETTER BI THIS BITCH so I did. How perfect that I am going to smell like a slutty ass creamy dreamy honey yogurt puff pastry parfait for bed???

I love BI.

No incense here. Not even the kind used to hide the smell of weed. ;) nope. All I got was a lovely cloud of sweet vanilla honey yuminess with a sort of licorice edge that I have smelled in certain honey itself. It made me think of the decided licorice bite in Wild Fern' s Manuka Honey body butter and soap. I have and love them both. So, this is very nice all in all, and I am happy to have my trial vial, but not feeling it enough to go FB on this one. But if you even think you might like the clean, sweet, honey, all sparkly and bright, then I think you should give it a try.

Oh there's plenty of honey & creaminess alright, but I guess it's the licorice/amber combo on me that adds a light, spicey (incense-y... I don't know how else to describe it!) edge to it that makes me keep wanting to huff my arm. I guess slutty is a good adjective here (thanks LV) because on me it's sure not all Winnie the Pooh Honey Pot innocence or "pass the sopapillas & the honey" yummy foody.

I've never tried BI or anything WITH BI. Actually, my HB seems to be getting immune to my usual Phero concoctions so maybe it's worth an experiment here (like I need to spend any MORE money this month!) I know there are cops in BI (last on the list) but I'd want it to disperse well, right (the Invitation part)? But is spray ok?

BI actually has a lot of cops! I have it in spray and it requires drydown big time. The UN that is.

Thanks Halo. I have a (probably dumb) question. I've been assuming that the ingredients in the pheromone lists are in the order of most>least, is that not the case? For instance BI says * Ingredients: Alpha-Androstenol, Alpha-Androstenone, Estratetraenol and Copulins. So I mistakenly assumed the cops were minimal. Then, I remembered I had a sample of Caressful Breeze w/BI and you are absolutely right I TOTALLY smell the cops even in that little sample! *Maybe* this just means that even tho it's the last ingredient, there's still a fair amount of cops in it & since the other pheros are odorless (sort of) the cops are the strongest scent, regardless? (I'm kind of talking to myself here to make sure I get it) I think I'm learning something new here (Yay!) I should not assume anything by just reading the ingredients in the mix. So in your opinion is BI spray the way to go, just be careful with application & dry down?

Edited by LoveStruck55

I can't remember if they are exactly in descending order. I think Mara has said that it's a loose general rule but I could be mistaken. The thing with cops though is that it takes very little to both stink and be effective. Also every molecule is different as far as how much it takes to be strong or effective. For example I wear about 100mcg of DHEAS but about 1.5 mcg of epi. So there are more variables to think about than just the straight amount used.

• 3 weeks later...

This is just gorgeous! It is light and baby-powdery but with a lot more depth and warmth. The ingredients are perfectly blended; no single note is amping or overpowering anything else. It has not changed much during dry down.

I will have to see how this wears through the day, but I'm thinking I really need a full bottle of this.

This fades quickly on me :( I would love ti roll in it and have it cling for hours and hours!

That licorice note is very light but I pick it out every time and I totally love that definite honey/whipping creamy goodness - surely this must've been a fine dessert at a specialty boutique somewhere!

surely this must've been a fine dessert at a specialty boutique somewhere!

It's based on a drink recipe which katz suggested.

AH- HA! Some crazy wonderful yummy confection for sure...would probably drink it by the gallon....^_^