Honey Whip

Beccah

I swiped a bit on my man's wrists, thinking it's a man's scent. Well, it takes a really confident man to wear something as girly.
It's a light scent, not extremely sweet, surprisingly enough. As the honey note dries down a bit, the scent shifts from honey candies (yellow-orange in color)
to a deeper scent. The licorice in this kind of reminds me of cloves.

Along with the honey, the licorice melds into a scent reminiscent of a traditional honey cake that's eaten on Rosh Hashana (the Jewish New Year).

I imagine some ladies would go gaga for smelling like cake, while I LOVE eating honey cake, I don't think this scent is very much for me.

It's really well-blended, well done scent. However... not "my thing".

I got a sniffie of this with my last order. I love the scent, i just wish it had a stronger throw. I love it and am considering a FB.

The honey in this one is lovely, not at all dirty to my nose and all the ingredients seem so well blended. I love it, maybe aging might make it a bit stronger?

• 3 weeks later...

This is very, very light on my skin, so much so that it's almost undetectable. It's pretty, though, if I put my nose right up to my wrist. It smells like honeycomb to me.

I don't think I'd buy a full bottle of this one just because it's SO light. Unless I could afford to bathe in it or something. It really smells like a skin scent to me.

• 1 year later...

Grabbed this during the sale thanks to the undiscovered treasures thread, and I totally understand the hype. It's delicious! I'm a bit wary of honey scents because a lot of them tend to go either dirty or honey or vinegar on me, but the honey in this just remain "bright" on me. Initially, I got a blast of marshmallow and honey, but then then those disappeared pretty quickly, and I was left with a LOT of licorice and anise. It felt a bit loud, which worried me. BUT shortly afterwards, the licorice and anise mellowed out and it was mostly marshmallow with a hint of honey. Absolutely lovely.

• 1 year later...

Romantic licorice. Can't go wrong.

I think sometimes a scent blends so naturally with who I already am, I don't notice I'm wearing anything. This is one of those "I can't smell it/ I can't stop smelling it" blends. I am also sure it would mix well with a bunch of other LP's, I might put a drop of Lina's Fluffy Bunny over it later, or BB or Odalisque, depending on my intentions.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 4 years later...

This is another good one on me, and my guy friend liked it a lot too. It was well balanced and I’d say it smelled like whipped cream and honey. He didn’t care for some other honey scents so I was surprised he liked this one so much. The licorice was very mild and so was the marshmallow. Marshmallow is a note I like to be in the background.