Midnight Rhapsody

Beccah

AD-MidnightRhapsody_1.jpg

Midnight Rhapsody

Come join us on the nightside of the tropics...a sensual experience awaits you in this simple yet beautiful blending of pineapple, amber, orchid and musk. Romantic and sultry, perfect for the next time you turn up the heat on a long summer night…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; protection.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

This was another one I wasn't expecting to like as much as I do! I'm not reading the notes as seperate notes. It's sweet and pretty with a velvety musk backdrop. The pineapple and orchid are so beautiful together. It's perfumey but is also a bit candy like to my nose. The pineapple isn't as tart as it can sometimes be. It's reminding me of a body wash I've used before... The musk keeps it from veering into too sweet for me.

Eta :The longer I'm wearing it, the sweetness is fading.

Edited by hearts

This one is ok but not for me. The sweetness died down for me too compared to the initial hit but it's still just too much for me. I'll retry in a few days though. It's very warm and humid in my house right now and my nose is all sticky with the other guys I've tried out from this collection so far. Can't give this one a fair shake.

When I first smelled this my eyes literally popped - and not just because of the label :D Reading the notes I never saw this coming as a WOW. I want to give this a proper run to see how it plays over the entire wear. I won't mind if it stays a candied floral :)

I'm with you, NuTrix -- it was an eye-popping WHOA!! (Yeah, major WHOA on the label, too!!)

Not at all what I expected. I feared it would go commercial on me, but it stayed very much a Mara creation. Who would have thought that pineapple and orchid could play so well together.

It was imperative that I like this one so I'd have an excuse for carting the label around and drooling over it throughout the day.

Yep, mission accomplished, full bottle ahead!

Edited by Just Ducky

Actually Radium Girl also has pineapple and orchid, although it is different in construction from this scent, of course.

SO sad/ I loved this in the vile, but on me it was to perfume-y. I wish I could explain better. I really like the gourmand scents and while I like the smell of - oh, I don't know, just about every LP I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy - I still have this reaction to what in my mind of a fragrance that I associate as "perfume-y". It's initially sweet from the pineapple but I also got the orchid. It's not loud or pointy - it's actually very pretty. It's reminding me of something in my memory banks that is making me say, "No, not for me", so I think I'll set it aside and try it again in a few days :)

Wet, this is very pineapple. It doesn't go sour as expected though. The orchid is pretty and the combo with the pineapple creates a rather rotund feeling. There's this word I am looking for. I cannot think of it now but someone used it to desctibe orchids being fleshy on skin before. Anyhow. It's very pretty and bright.

This went on as delicate pineapple musk, which was lovely for what it was -- so far, I am not finding that pineapple is a note that I like to wear (though this being LP, I am always ready to be surprised out of that!). But this did one of this big skin chemistry weirdnesses -- I think it might be the amber, something went plasticky and kind of burnt on my skin. I'll try it again in a couple of weeks in case it's cycle-related skin chemistry weirdness...

ETA: OK, a couple of hours in now, and it's a very soft gentle pineapple musk with some creaminess around the edges. This I could see wearing!

Edited by Blackcat

Wow, I was hoping that this one would work for me, because I do love me some orchid, yes I do! :wub:

Wet, this is a very fresh pineapple, not candied and not too tart. Then the orchid and musk come out and mingle with pineapple, turning this into a sexy tropical dream! Maybe the amber is giving it the touch of creaminess? I'm not really sure, sometimes certain ambers can go funny on me, but this one seems to be working with my chemistry. Another winner!

Another love for me! I figured I would like this one; what I really enjoy about it is how romantic it smells. There's a lovely sweetness but underneath a deeper sophistication and it just has a wonderful mood to it: lush and sensual and evocative.

Finally back from vacation and got my sampler....I had asked Mara to hold it till I got back.....Midnight Rhapsody is one of the first I tried, and I do like this one. Wet on my skin, I get lots of pineapple, but it settles down with the amber and musk so that it isn't extremely sweet pineapple, as it is in Hot and Sticky. I don't get much orchid, just a bit near the end, which is good for me, because my skin can do some VILE things with some varieties of orchid. But this one behaves nicely. OH and I love the hunky man on the vial.....would love to go to my office one morning and find him waiting there!

Edited by Dolly

Wet, it was a blast of crystalline pineapple! not creamy, not overly sweet, just crystalline transparent pineapple. As it dried the orchid really came out and did a little pas de deux. Now the musk hsa come out and rounded everything out nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

I retested this and found it so beautiful and sheer. The pineapple orchid combo feel like sheer drapes on my skin. They do a really good trick of making me feel cooled down. Like there is a fan on me, blowing out my hair when I do my little turn on the catwalk of life. Got this mofo boosted with Levitation!

Yay!

OK, so I knew I was in lust with the label man. He is sssmokin' HOT!!! I got a sample of this one, and tried it about a week or so ago. Out of the vial, my nose did not know what it was picking up. On my skin wet, it all pineapple and florally orchid. I do amp many florals. Some orchids work for me (the Orchid in Jouir De is exquisite on my skin whatever type that is), some do not I was hoping it would slowly reveal a bit more of itself, ( visualizing label man doing a slow, sensual strip tease.) This did not happen. I really wanted the musk and amber to emerge more, lending their depth to the fruit and orchid, but it is not at this point, happening. BUT I have learned, oh yes I have. I am tucking this one away for some aging time, and will retest it and ogle Mr. Midnight Rhapsody again, and see how they both age and report back. No regrets on giving this one a try!

• 7 months later...

What about wearing it on your clothing or hair, away from your skin? Was it any better?

• 3 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I like this one! I couldn't detect pineapple right away, but this one smells like having a yummy fruit salad on a hot summer day! Yum!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this one. In the vial, it smells just like fruit juice to me. On my skin, I was convinced it had peach in it because it turned sort of plasticky, albeit not as plasticky as peach usually goes. Maybe pineapple goes plasticky on me, too? I hope not...I think I have other scents with pineapple in them that don't go plasticky. Strange, and I don't know what to make of it. I'll have to give it another shot sometime.

• 3 weeks later...

This one starts out for me as a soft edged pink-toned, slightly floral pineapple. Over time the pineapple softens to barely a whisper and it becomes a luscious soft, sweet skin scent that feels like a lightly floral toned musk. In its first stage it's a bright, uplifting scent, as it softens it becomes much more sensual, comforting and close wearing.

The notes look fairly similar to Lv's Black Panther(swap pineapple for plum), but theres so many varieties of things...is this similar? I really like the PUNCH and lasting power that Black Panther has, and this is sounding kind of 'lite' in these reviews. I'm gonna have a few questions for y'all today. I'm plotting a sale order! Yay!

I would say it has a similar mood but it's not really that much alike. The fruit note really lends a different character in each one.

Right on, thanks Luna. I'm trying to narrow down a few choices. Hopefully a sample of this one comes my way, but I think I'll hold off on a FB of this for now. Now its between Tuberose Fairy Cake and Sugared Majmua...but I'll ask questions about those in the appropriate sections!

• 6 months later...

I was super confused as to how I ended up with a trial version of this scent in my order, and then I realized it was probably because I stuck my forum username in the monthly freebie space and didn't clarify that "Midnight Requiem" was my forum username... Whoops. :say19: It strikes me as both a clean and fruity scent at the same time, like eating pinapples on some fresh linen sheets? I think the "orchid" registers as clean for me for some reason. I really like it, though I don't know if it's a "me" scent. I'll have to give it another sniff when my nose isn't out of whack from being sick!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Now that this has sat around for a few months since I last tried it, the pineapple doesn't whack me in the nose when I first put it on (not that I minded; I like pineapple ;)). The fruit and the orchid have melded together and I don't think I'd be able to identify the fruity note as specifically being pineapple, if I didn't know what was in this. I've been wearing this recently and I enjoy how the orchid is rather sophisticated, but underpinned by fruity sweetness. I like this even more than when I first tried it :)

• 3 years later...

This is exactly what it sounds like - pineapple orchid with some depth!  It's not a fresh, fruity bright pineapple, but one that is sweet but well blended with the orchid.  The blend with the orchid keeps it from being too simple or young to wear to work. I like to wear this one in my hair because it feels like a really, really nice shampoo. 

This also lasts astonishingly long for a fruity scent! I wonder if it's the amber that grounding all the notes?