Sweet Surrender

Beccah

AD-SweetSurrender_1.jpg

Sweet Surrender

For all our beloved customers pining for pink and crazy for coconuts, surrender to the irresistible combination of our pink coconut musk! A decadent dessert of black coconut and coconut cream with pink-frosted vanilla chiffon cake swirled with a blend of soft sweet musks and sandalwood. Never mind the ones who line up to get a whiff, you'll want to devour *yourself*! Summer is sweet and so are you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
BERRY SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

Ok, so no one buy this until I load up a truck full of bottles for myself. Sorry, but this is AMAZING! It's pink and coconutty and vanilla musky.. Ummm pretty much some of my favorite notes! This is really reminding me of another LP but I can't place it.. I need multiple bottles so I can slather away!

Edited by hearts

Holy hell!!! You aren't kidding Hearts!! This is a coconut lovers friggin dream! And it is not TOO pink like a lot of pinks go on me. It's pink enough to make it different than any of the other (many) coconuts I have. Maybe it is the sandalwood that makes it unique too. Is it the same musk as in LV's Pussycat? It's amazing.

It reminds me of something else too! It's totally faboo...I'm thinking maybe sort of a cross between Coconut Breeze and The Sand Witch, but with pink. It's very cute and sexy and NOM. This confirms my theory that coconut and sandalwood is a perfect pairing.

WOW! In the vial this just slapped me! And then immediately followed with a kiss :lol: I didn't think much one way or the other reading the notes, I mean, I thought I'd probably like it but again - WOW.

Hearts - I'm sure you can spare a bottle from that truck of yours right? If I try to limit myself to just 1? Will have to properly slather this to evaluate and be certain - but this one is delish in the vial!

Edited by NuTrix

Omg this is amazing! This reminds me of a more tamer version of Frambuesca. Frambuesca is all grown woman drinking some rum and coke, maybe some wine on the beach with a hat and a monokini, kitten heels perhaps.. this one is like baby coco ho. She is not at the level of Frambuesca, but bitch can have fun too! This is all girly and Gidget! OMG I love this!!

I need a light pink scent and this might be the one! Love the fact that it has coconut/musk in it -- sounds like it would be great to layer with lots of other scents. Really enjoying my Frambuesca, so I know this would be another fave. Gotta get me a bottle before they're all gone!

Very pretty pink scent. It's a little extra sweet on my skin, but I think the berry-sugars settle and age well.

The sandalwood grounds it a bit and adds a nice touch of depth and finish.

It's all Pollyanna, bright pink fun!! Pretty & happy.

Edited by StacyK

I read the notes on this and assumed I was safe to think it wouldn't work for me, because "berry sugars" sometimes go wonky... also, I am not normally excited by the pink stuff. But this is a huge nostalgic nommy fabulousness! Pink coconut, for sure, but bringing a whole host of memories of swimming, climbing out of the water and having to stand still while suntan lotion gets re-applied, then walking across the cool grass and onto the burning sidewalk to get to the cotton candy stand while the sun dries the water off your skin and your wet hair sends cool droplets sliding down the back of your bathing suit ... oh, dear. I might need this one. I am also flashing on something like Hostess Sno-Balls? Magnificent!

This doesn't smell like an LP coconut to me. It reminds me strongly of a BBW coconut. I can't place whether it's a body line or a candle but I have owned it before. It stays that way for about an hour and then slowly starts smelling more like an LP. At that point I love it, a lot. Not sure if I can go through that commercial phase though to get to the part I love.

I barely get coconut, there's barely just a. "suggestion" of coconut on my skin. odd.

I think I'd forget that was a component if I hadn't looked again.

of course these scents all need a little rest and a touch of age. It's fun to watch an LP evolve.

Edited by StacyK

OK, This one s a winner. I'm really liking the sweet, sugary, pink coconut! And the finish is dreamy!

What kind of musk is it?

The sandalwood is wonderful and soft and skin like. It finishes a soft sweet skin type scent on me. Not sure if it's the musk or the sandalwood that's clicking so well with my chemistry...that or my body just really likes this one :)

I can't wait to try this again because I couldn't figure out if it was the musk or the sandalwood that made this sooooooo amazing either. Now I wish I would have tried that Fram...whatever one but there was some berry I was afraid of in that one. This berry sugar in here does not come off like it generally does for me. Doesn't hurt my teeth.

My first trial did not go well. All I got was a big punch of sandalwood. You coul have said any other note was in there and I would not have detected it. I eventually washed it offf after ten minutes.

Yesterday I decided to give it another go. I remembered that I had a hard time with La Sylphide at first because of the sandalwood. Now I love that one so much.

So glad I gave it another whirl. I still get sandalwood but I can pick up sweetness, light pink berry, and coconut that hugs the edges. This went from I think I'll pass to I think I need a FB!

Oh my, this one is delicious!! It starts out very coconut forward, maybe a touch of vanilla and musk, but no pink or sandalwood.

At this point, it is reminding me of an essence oil I bought in the 80's at a head shop in Europe. There was about a hundred different ones, in little brown glass bottles, and the coconut one was one of my favorites! I am getting a FB, no doubt about that!

After about an hour, the coconut backs off and the pink comes out and sweetens up the coconut and vanilla, and makes it smell like pink coconut cake. I'm still not getting much of the sandalwood, on me it is staying very light. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!

I haven't changed my mind on this one. This is STILL GORGEOUS. It's so calming and relaxing, like how I feel after a long day at the beach, when you come in for the day but just before you shower off the sand and the sea, relaxed from the sun and the breeze, sitting on the porch swing thinking about what to do with the coming evening...

All the notes just come together in this. It's a bright burst of berry first on but quickly settles to perfectly blended sweet ,soft, coconut creaminess on a soft bed of sandalwood - AMAZING!

This is wonderful! On me, it smells somewhat similar to Lady V's Sweet Pussycat, but lighter on the coconut. The musk is that wonderful skin one that makes everything with it in it smells as if it's coming from the pores. I am also a lover of that coconut/sandalwood combination. The sandalwood makes it sophisticated, not beachy, and the pink-smelling berries makes it more playful. I love this!

This is really reminding me of another LP but I can't place it..

I was going to say The Sand Witch, but...

It reminds me of something else too! It's totally faboo...I'm thinking maybe sort of a cross between Coconut Breeze and The Sand Witch, but with pink.

Luna beat me to it! I've never tried Coconut Breeze, so I can't comment on that, but it definitely reminds me of The Sand Witch and I LOVE that one - I think I like Sweet Surrender even more! It's more coconut to me, which I love.

This doesn't smell like an LP coconut to me. It reminds me strongly of a BBW coconut. I can't place whether it's a body line or a candle but I have owned it before.

Can't remember the name but it reminds me strongly of an old BBW scent - the body spray had little plastic "ice cubes" that would rattle around in the bottle to make it seem like a summer drink. Dang it, now it's going to make me crazy trying to remember the name...I wonder if I still have a bottle somewhere!

I don't know if I can say much more than everyone already has. This is a great summer scent. I love most lps with a sandalwood base, so this is right up my alley. The coconut is sweet and pink (but not TOO sweet). It's awesome. My only tiny complaint is that this one doesn't seem to have alot of staying power - not horrible, but it could be better. I've only tested once though, so this could have to do with the moisture levels in my skin (I do have a sunburn right now, so my skin is parched!). This one smells so good that it will DEFINITELY get more testing, and it's going on my FB wish list for sure!

I get the husk and meat of the coconut, which, together with the berry, wet, periodically menaced me with a plasticky edge :'( however after drying the plastic went away and it's a buttery creamy pink sugar. Covers cb like a dream.

Ditto Amalthea & Luna.... I just got a bottle of The Sand Witch off the trades & loved it, all the while fretting because it's long gone and now I only have this ONE bottle that has to last FOREVER. Enter Sweet Surrender... it's not exact, but every bit as wonderful...it didn't last as long as I'd like either, but for summer I'm ok with having the lighter wear during a hot day.

I'm thrilled with how so many of these beefcake blends turned out!!! Yummy scents (and those labels...*NOM NOM*)

ETA: Put this on again today... it does smell very Hawaiian Tropic/suntan oil when wet (and for the 30-40m)... but then it morphs into something more "grown up" and pretty. Granted, I have to smush my wrist right into my nose to smell it after the first hour, but it's such a nice, happy scent, regardless!

Edited by LoveStruck55

Well, it takes a lot for me to say I love a perfume and I will say about Sweet Surrender...I love it!! When I first put it on, the coconut, berry sugars and sandalwood stand out...after it has dried down, it becomes a beautiful sweet coconutty delight!! The sandalwood in this is beautiful..this one seems very soft to me...the white musk is a perfect choice which perfectly compliments the other notes. I plan on getting a sugared coconut when they come out to see how it combines with the Sweet Surrender..I adore perfumes with coconut and was so excited when I saw the notes on this.... it exceeded my expectations!! My routine now involves dotting this up/down my arms before bedtime because I love the barely there smell of it (yes, it is still there!) when I wake up..it is to die for!!! :)

Omg I wore this on my trip and it's soooo freaking perfect for summer!

I just slathered now because I want to get my list of purchases in order and this is a dream.

I get coconut flakes not meaty coconut but it's like coconut flakes and pink sugar!

Love! I imagine this paired with Lace it's got that slutty

Girlie vibe to it.

I imagine this paired with Lace it's got that slutty

Girlie vibe to it.

LV I've yet to try anything with Lace in it and I was trying to decide what scent would be good to try as my first "boosted" order. I was getting overwhelmed because there are a ton of scents I love, but how do you decide which ones to pair? I guess SOME thought has to go in to the intent of the phero, right? - and in this case the 'slutty Girlie vibe' of SS screams LACE? Not that I'm a screamer, or anything :w00t: But I'm willing to try. :666:

I'm still new at this and when you guys (forum vets) make a suggested pairing it's really helpful. :heart:

This is seriously like the most luscious coconut and vanilla cream with some beach in the background. Something--might be the musk, might be the sandalwood--is giving me a sex on the beach vibe, and I don't mean the drink. The berry is very, very subtle. I can tell there's a little bit there and for this particular blend that's enough. I feel the coconut, supported by the vanilla, musk and sandalwood, is really the star here. Now if only that label *ahem* was lickable.

LV I've yet to try anything with Lace in it and I was trying to decide what scent would be good to try as my first "boosted" order. I was getting overwhelmed because there are a ton of scents I love, but how do you decide which ones to pair? I guess SOME thought has to go in to the intent of the phero, right? - and in this case the 'slutty Girlie vibe' of SS screams LACE? Not that I'm a screamer, or anything :w00t: But I'm willing to try. :666:

I'm still new at this and when you guys (forum vets) make a suggested pairing it's really helpful. :heart:

For me Lace is giggly and fun. Lace is Gidget on the beach, pigtails and a sno cone, although it felt like Lace to me and it still does, I totally went with SS4W because the musk and coconut scream sexy. If there was more pink and maybe like marshmallow or a cupcake, I think I would have done Lace.

First full slather with my bottle and OH MY GOD this is so delicious!!! It is definitely reminiscent of Coconut Breeze, but it's got a sweetness to it that makes it much more of a stealth sexy scent for me. But it gives me that same deeply nostalgic summers-gone-by vibe, and that means it puts me in such a good mood!

Lovestruck, I've only tried Lace in Garland and Lace v. 5, and it has a giddiness to it that can actually tip over to something less comfortable for me.... before I spring for boosting a bottle, I might grab a sample of an LP phero'd scent so that just in case the phero doesn't work for you haven't a) spent the money and B) taken a scent you love and made it less wearable for yourself....

As for me: I am going to pair this with Lumina today, because I think this would go really well with the sparkly pretty vibe. I bet SS4W would be awesome with it (another sparkly/pretty one!, and I'm also tempted to try it some time with Cuddle Bunny to enhance the, ahem, slutty girly aspect you mentioned!

LS - this is just my experience.. but I couldn't handle a full boost of Lace. I had a trial spray of UN Lace from the November Pheromas, and it made me not even able to think, lol. Tripping over my tongue, etc. I can do the phero-enhanced Lace scents, as the concentration is lower.. but a full boost would be too much for me.

Have I really not reviewed this?? I don't get anything like Coconut Breeze, that was SO MUCH cocoa butter on me. This is amazing coconut though, sweetened up with yummy pinkness.. I love the vanilla and the musk, makes it really stick around. I don't really get sandalwood..but I'm okay with that. It's perfect as it is.

I down right love this! When i first went through all of them i thought "meh, theyre all pineapple"

I went through them again and i can really appreciate this one now. The sandalwood/vanilla musky goodness is very forward on me, the coconut has a definite pinky leaning once it comes out of hiding and its actually the last note standing by night time.

This smells all romantic and sensual, it can really coax a person to come closer with/without pheros.....Buuuut im only using myself as an example hahaha This made such an impression on me that i cant stop picking it up n smelling it :lol:

I like Sweet Surrender. Seems a good scent for Summer. I asked for a male opinion and he gave it a grade of 3.5 stars out of 5 possible stars.

So far, we have members thinking that it would go well with any of these four pheros: Lace, Lumina, SS4W, CB. Any other pheros come to anyone's mind for pairing with Sweet Surrender? Or is the general consensus that it is best to just stick with one of those four pheros for this fragrance?

When i first went through all of them i thought "meh, theyre all pineapple"

You mean the Summer collection? Because they're not, actually.

Yesss i was actually! I know theyre not *all* pineapple, some of them just came off like that when i do a quick sniff. Its when i actually stopped to smell them proper that i realised theyre rad

You mean the Summer collection? Because they're not, actually.

That's quite normal. After 2 perfumes, one's ability to define notes is cut drastically, and by 4 you are pretty much done. You have to rest your sniffer for about 2 hours before you can properly assess scents again. That's why it's better not to do "quickie reviews" of a whole set at once when they first arrive and wait, as you did, to give each scent a proper try. I'm more inclined to believe that sniffing too many at once is more responsible for skewed reviews than what people call "travel shock". When I brew and/or assess ingredients, I give myself 2 hours to recover between each sesh. When people believe that everything smells the same or they can't smell anything in a vial, it's not the perfume, it's the nose.

That's why I limit myself to one at a time in my reviewing - I definitely know I can confuse my brain by trying to smell too many things at once.

I'm more inclined to believe that sniffing too many at once is more responsible for skewed reviews than what people call "travel shock". When I brew and/or assess ingredients, I give myself 2 hours to recover between each sesh. When people believe that everything smells the same or they can't smell anything in a vial, it's not the perfume, it's the nose.

Wow this makes complete sense! I equated my skewed initial response to 'travel shock' but this makes for a far more logical explanation .

Had been trying to restrain for the sale and only got 1 bottle of this, but I STILL love it. Plan on converting some to spray, but I do kind of like how using the oils make my perfumes seem to last longer, over time and on my skin :D Sometimes I get spray happy (read fog) and - hard to believe - I can go a little overboard with sprays...:blushing:

• 1 month later...

I'm with StacyK, I'm not getting the coconut. Perhaps in a scent locket I would. I wore it overnight, and woke up swearing I had applied Spider Silk. Or possibly SS's younger cousin. Sweet, silky, comforting, with no one note standing out. A bit like a sachet you would tuck in between your clothing from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but more refined. It's so mild on me I can really only smell it when I'm in the same place a long time. This may all change during a different part of my cycle. If it does, I will add another review here :Emoticons10311:

My father is currently in the hospital with stomach cancer. As soon as I drop my daughter off at school I head over to the hospital to be with him for the day - (typing this as he sleeps like a baby). For the first two weeks I was nervous about wearing anything scented because he seemed sensitive to certain smells - particularly food smells. But one day on a whim I put on a bit of Sweet Surrender to the outer wrists.

My dad LOVED the smell on me! :stars188: He sat up and talked... ate a bit of food. Although he doesn't have a lot of energy, it was by far the best I'd seen him in a while. I've always believed in the power of smell, but what a treat that he liked a scent that I also adore.

Quick tip -- This morning I put some Sugared Coconut on my pulse points and let it dry before applying Sweet Surrender. It boosted the smell of Sweet Surrender and made it last a lot longer than usual. Of course this may be too sweet for some, but I love it. Mmmmm... huffing my wrists now. It's happiness!

Warmth and love to you, your family and your father :heart: One of my husband's brothers had stomach cancer, it was because of him my husband's siblings and father found that, with the exception of my husband so far, they all have barret's esophagus, which can lead to stomach cancer if unchecked :(

It's wonderful the fragrance had such a positive effect! I will also have to put yet another sugared on my list now... ^_^

Edited by NuTrix

girlfriday, thanks for sharing that with us. I'm noticing how positively my scents affect others as well. And sometimes I just let intuition guide me as to what I need to wear that day. Other times I direct it fully at myself, since I'll be the one in the scent cloud all day. So wonderful...