Tonka Musk

Beccah

AD-TonkaMusk_1.jpg

TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
OAK MOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

*Unisex

Well, I accidentally touched the tip of the sample vial to the tip of my nose lol... I got a little too excited sniffing this one!

This is sexy boy smell I want to wear. It smells like a clean guy, if a guy smelled like this, I would snuggle the shit out of him.

It's powdery and soft, but in a unisex way. It's not TOTALLY masculine.. The tonka reminds me of a very non foody vanilla. This is sexy! I would wear this to bed or spray a blanket or pillow with this! I'm thinking B2 or Teddy boost.

Edited by hearts

This is absolutely wonderful! Very clean, deep non foody vanilla. The oak moss is deep and earthy (not soil earthy but earth mother natural smelling, if that makes any sense). The musk is mildly soapy. A wonderful, warm boy smell. It's very cozy and comforting to me, but a little too masculine on my skin for me to wear out and about. Of course I slathered the Marine in this, and I wanted to nom him! He really liked it but he doesn't like how they morph. (Try as I might, I can't convince him that this is the fun of LPs!) but after about three hours, he started amping the vetiver or maybe the oak moss, and we agreed that it was not a hot smell on him. Overall, a great scent! I'm pondering a bottle for myself.

Oh FUCK YES FULL BOTTLE OF THIS TONKA HUNKA MUSK. This is EXACTLY what you want to smell like after fucking your man's brains out. This is his " shirt " smell. This is it. I want to live in this. This is sweet man sex smell on YOU. This is Sunday Morning after beer and pizza, dinner and a movie. this is rainy weather let's stay in and cuddle and eat pancakes.. but let me wear your tee and boxers because a cocktail dress and pancakes on the porch don't really go.. This is reminding me of every single sleep over date I had with my BF when we were single and carefree and would stay in his bedroom all day and watch the rain hit the tree tops in his room. We would lay there, lazy and cozy and pretend we were in a safari tent, with all his sexiness wrapped in white sheets, candles burning... my only sadness is that it is fading fast. That's okay though because I will happily reslather this baby. FB indeed. A virgin one and maybe a BB one or something sexy for after the birth.

I'm thinking of making this my everyday scent. Smells great but doesn't feel like I'm wearing a scent. There are times I want what I'm wearing to be noticeable, but at those other times, this one will come in handy.

Mmmmm... soft mellow amber vanilla and a boysmell note that I believe must be the tonka.... It's verrrrrrry smooth on me! Then as it dries down it gets softer and more powdery. I wish I were getting the earthiness Blue Bear describes, but perhaps in the longer drydown.

i agree with Spoonki -- this is definitely a great one for those times where I don't necessarily want to be perceived as "wearing scent" but I want to smell delicious and awesome, in a totally natural, casual way!

The minute I smelled this on me I was immediately reminded of Obsession For Men - the original version before they changed the recipe when CK realized more women than men were wearing the fragrance. Not that Mara was trying to dupe it or even pay homage, just that the combination of the notes but especially the tonka create that classic vibe. On me it's wholly masculine but that's what I love about it, perfect boysmell. I know Q will refuse to wear it, he'll take one whiff and say it's too "typical" but he's fussy that way. But yeah, a perfect scent for Teddy Potion BB or the new B2 version and one I need so I can slather my cuddle pillow.

I tried this when it first got here and it was all vetiver so I slowly backed away. Last night I decided to put it on BF and ZOMG it was yummy. I swooned. So this morning I rushed to put it on. It's yummy on me too but I think I like it better on him. It's all tonka and musk with a hint of vetiver on both of us but I like smelling his natural smell behind it. This will be the next bottle i get for him.

This is definitely something I like the smell of but I'm not sure I would wear it for myself, though I think I could. It's soft and understated, clean and light and something is coming across as sweet without being sugary - if that makes any sense? Since I'm trying it out on me, there's one note sticking out among the rest that I can't quite figure out. The vetiver or the oakmoss maybe? Perhaps if I can get the man to agree to sampling it....The more I wear it and keep huffing, the more I like it. We'll see how it is in another couple of hours, but so far no one note is amping :)

I tried this on when it first arrived. I'm still letting my samples settle, but something about this reminds me of Portmonteau.

This would totally be a scent I would spray all over my room at night before bed. Had to come back and revisit. If I were to get a FB I know it would end up WITH me as my guy's only response was "eh" - but don't let that sway you - I have had him try DOZENS of LP scents - and with the help of others - thank you QG! - and my guy is just plain DIFFICULT when it comes to getting him to try things let alone approve...pearls before swine comes to mind for some reason....

This - to my nose - is such a natural scent, as in fresh out of a shower, clean skin scent, not soapy. I think I would go bananas if this were paired with SS4M on a man! To my nose, this is fantastic. Delicious but understated - definitely would want to get closer to a guy wearing this - you know, to investigate the scent...not that the guy on the label wouldn't be enticing enough on his own, but if he were wearing this? VELCRO.

This is like--do I dare say it?--that vintage musk from The Body Shop that we all went crazy over in high school, on serious steroids. Vanilla steroids. I definitely get the vanillic aspect of the tonka very much, not foody per se but still with a "delicious" quality. The tonka and musk are backed by pleasantly soft oakmoss that reminds me of the oakmoss note in New, and no vetiver! Sometimes my skin amps vetiver to death but I don't get vetiver out of this; it's somewhere in the background, deepening the scent, but it doesn't announce itself and step on everything else, which is a relief.

I may need two of these.

Damn I wish I got no vetiver ! I would have already ordered some for me if that were the case. As it is I'm still considering getting this for my BF and saving it for a Christmas present. I say that every year but end up keeping the bottles I buy as presents.

Well, I tried this one on me, and it is a bit manly for me, but I have a feeling it is going to smell FAB on my man! Will be slathering him in this very soon!!!!

It is a very sexy, yet clean smelling scent......I like!!

And I agree Halo, I get a lot of vetiver with this one too.....

Edited by Dolly

This smells great on my man....clean and sexy....we both love it.....full bottle for sure!

Very, very nice. I have been so enthralled by The Garage I had not even given this a whiff. I tried it for the first time tonight and I really, really like it. I was afraid the Tonka might be a little too much, but while it is certainly there, it is in no way over-powering. This is a very smooth, clean scent as has been said. I will come back and try togive a better description after I have played with it for a couple days.

This is a nice guy smell. Great for an upcoming gift for my son. :)

Edited by StacyK

@Tyvey: Haha - and the ladies here complain when their men say every scent smells like baby powder! :lol:

Yeah I think I need at least one phero-boosted bottle since I'm fast depleting my collection of phero-enhanced Delicious Wood.

Dabbed this on the Quincebeast last week and....mmmmm. Delicious manly-man flesh. He approved but when I gave him the sample I said, "Don't go around smelling too good now, I don't think I could stand not being able to enjoy it." He promised to save it for my personal snorfing. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is a gorgeous pale grey lavender coloured scent, with a clean creamy musk presence. It is a bit more masculine than I had hoped for when I first put it on, but I could see it being sweetened up by combining with something a bit more girly. After a couple of hours it had softened on me to a more feminine skin scent. I think I'll convert mine to a spray, and use with some pure sugar.

Edited by vladmyra

• 1 month later...

Halo007 highly recommended that I give this a shot. While I heard that Tonka musk is Vetiver heavy, I'm not a fan of either Vetiver or Tonka as a single note.

It's masculine, woody and green, it has this semi-clean straight out of the shower feeling to it. I almost want to buy some just so I can make some of the oil into Body Soap/Shampoo.

Edited by ListenToMinh

I just got a trial size of this yesterday. Tried it tonight and I think this smells great. I only put one dab on and smudged it between wrists and forearms. I am like my frickin dog with all the sniffing I keep doing.

It is really good to hear the gals' reviews of these men's fragrances. Although I like just about every one I am sampling, I wonder what the ladies will think of them. Sometimes I find them a little powdery after a while. Still very good, but powdery or sweet.

I wore UN today on my torso and that just doesn't go away. Not a bad thing, but it sticks with me a long time. The Tonka Musk is so very different and it makes me want to keep sniffing.

The picture's gotta go though, c'mon, that guy looks like he's having fun, BUT he's a dude and we are dudes. More asses like on Sandy Bottom...NICE!

Tonka Musk is great to my nose.

• 10 months later...

Haha, I was thinking that about the label..well, I certainly think he's hot, but I'm wondering how many straight guys are hiding they're bottles of this one?! Hey, c'mon fellas, there's a butt ton of hot lady LPs, let us have somethin! ;p

This is manly, but not too manly for moi. I like it very much. I must amp oakmoss cause pretty much all I'm getting is oakmoss and yummy musk. It's even more mossy than Velvet Moss (which it VAGUELY reminds me of) but that's ok cause I heart oakmoss.

Sexy, clean and cozy. Mm. I wish I got some tonka but ya can't win em all.

• 1 year later...

Just tried this from a sniffee and it's sexy! Yes, this is indeed a "snuggle up to him and put your nose in his neck" scent. This doesn't feel right for me to wear, but I would LOVE to smell this on a man.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I was thinking that about the label..well, I certainly think he's hot, but I'm wondering how many straight guys are hiding they're bottles of this one?! Hey, c'mon fellas, there's a butt ton of hot lady LPs, let us have somethin! ;p

This is manly, but not too manly for moi. I like it very much. I must amp oakmoss cause pretty much all I'm getting is oakmoss and yummy musk. It's even more mossy than Velvet Moss (which it VAGUELY reminds me of) but that's ok cause I heart oakmoss.

Sexy, clean and cozy. Mm. I wish I got some tonka but ya can't win em all.

Exactly.

My son has this. The lable doesn't bother him. But, younger gen. They are much better about that stuff, overall. Thank god.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I tried this out last night. It's so comforting! A manly scent, yes, but I think due to the powderiness, it works for women, too. Now I'm trying to remember what the scent of baby powder is. Is it oakmoss? Or tonka? What does tonka smell like? I'm conflating those two scents together in my head. 

I think this would be perfect with Teddy BB Potion. I think I will enjoy wearing it to sleep for as long as my trial vial lasts me.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:04 PM, luna65 said:

Tonka has a vanilla-like scent.  Oakmoss is what you're thinking of for baby powder.

Ah, okay, thank you.

ETA: I tried this again and somehow got an almost almond or cherry-like note out of it. ??? That's strange, right?

Edited by Lainey

• 9 months later...

This smells so nice!  I'd found a sniffee of it and had a little on earlier today.  I totally get the clean association with it and thankfully it doesn't turn powdery on me.  My bride is not a fan of anything that could in any universe be potentially construed as being powdery.  I really like the clean yet dirty aspects of this scent!  

• 3 months later...

So I wore this again yesterday and every once in a while I would stop because something smelled really good.  Then I'd realize, it was ME!  I smelled really good.  No complaints from my bride about it so that is a big plus!!

• 11 months later...

I love this one! I ordered it solely based on the reviews for myself. I get a DIHL vibe from it. It's so comforting, I would definitely wear this to bed. It smells very clean and the Vetiver note starts out sharp but it melds to a very soft sweet skin scent.