Vampire Bait

Beccah

AD-VampireBait_1.jpg

Vampire Bait

Mmmm, want to smell like his own personal brand of delicious? Indulge yourself with a perfectly intoxicating fragrance which will draw the one you desire to you, as if you cast a spell and his devotion is yours alone. Become the most alluring lure of all with this sweet, mouthwateringly sexy yet innocent scent featuring dewy flowers of love magic - orchid, peony, daisy, water lily and orange blossom - blended with fresh notes of lemongrass and bamboo with just a kiss of tangy currant, then sweetened with sugar and honey and layered upon a satiny skin base of sandalwood and white musk. Simply to die for!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol, beauty, refinement, fertility, psychic powers.
PEONY ~ Protective, used for exorcisms, happy life and marriage.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
DAISY ~ Gentleness, innocence, loyalty and romance. Love, luck.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ "Magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, happiness,
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, magical representation of blood.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.
LEMON VERBENA ~ Attracts the opposite sex, adds power to other ingredients.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex-breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, feminine energy.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

This one is a surprise winner. I don't like orchid. I don't like water lily. I don't like orange blossom. But I really like Vampire Bait! It smells to me like it has roses in it. I am surprised that it doesn't. It has a rosy tang to it. It is still wet on my arm so I will have to come back to report on it after it has dried down but so far I really like it. It reminds me a bit of Pizzazz with the almost sharp floral with the citrus tartness. That might be why it's reading like roses to me. This could turn out to be an expensive month!!

Okay 30 minutes later...It has softened up considerably. It's now a lighter floral with a touch of bamboo and sandalwood. Very pretty, but I probably don't need a bottle. Floral lovers will adore this!

That was my feeling about the original - I generally don't like those kinds of floral blends but I loved Vampire Bait.

This is not my typical scent but I am really liking it. I get the rose vibe, especially at first. And while roses are not my thing at all, this is quite huffable. It deepens and develops into a sexy floral wine-like scent. It smells complex and I am enjoying trying to pick out a single scent. Which I can't yet besides possibly the currant? Possible full bottle for me.

You know, I don't usually go for florals and I only had the vial to go on...but I got a bit on my hand by accident and it's been about a half hour now and it smells REALLY nice! It's really clean and obviously floral but the sandalwood and - what? Bamboo? Not sure - but it's grounding it and smoothing it out very nicely. I'm actually excited to try this and I was sure I was going to write it off! Oops...

I was expecting this to be strongly orchid on me, given the notes, but it isn't! This is a wonderful orchid-peony blend made very bright by the lemon verbena. I smell quite a bit of the honey, actually, but it's not behaving the way it usually does on me. it's just light honey in the background. not smutty, not foody, not powdery, not floral. i love it. The sandalwood is the perfumey kind, and with the currant, adds a rich, warm feel, but the overall scent is kept light by the water lily and bamboo. This is a great playfully sexy but still work appropriate floral.

This is a very sweet, but fresh floral. When I put my nose up to the application point, it's very sharp and stabby. Just a bit too floral... I'm thinking it's the orange blossom or lily? BUT, as I'm wearing it, and not putting my nose all up on it, I keep catching whiffs of something so pretty and feminine and... GORGEOUS.

I really like this, but need only the tiniest amount or it turns into a headache. This has incredible throw. If I use up my sample, I'll go FB. But I'm still undecided as of now. Since I only need a tiny swipe, my sample might last forever.

Edited by hearts

This is one I am experiencing very much as a texture -- weathered silk that is laddered and tears easily. Then, oddly, I get a kind of tea vibe -- I'm thinking that's the lemon grass and lemon verbena. So first it's a tattered silk shawl, and then it's an icy cut glass pitcher covered in condensation, sitting on the little table next to the front porch spring. It's a quiet, classy, slightly spooky little fruity floral. Perfectly named!

This is one that I already have the original of but I felt the same way when I got that one. I never would have tried it knowing the notes. Luckily it came in an order as a sniffee so I was able to be tricked into loving it! It is one that I get compliments on frequently. A little goes a long way with me too so I don't need another bottle but I am happy to get the sample of the new one. It's a good all purpose scent to keep in your purse for emergencies. It's work friendly SEXAY!!

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to compare this with my original bottle - which is five years old now - and even so they're pretty much identical. I'd say the new brew has got a bit more tang to it, which is understandable because I would expect the citrus aspect to soften over time. But that combination of dewy fresh floral and sweetness is so great, along with Betrothal Potion they're my "I don't like floral blends but I love these floral blends" scents.

I wanted to compare this with my original bottle - which is five years old now - and even so they're pretty much identical. I'd say the new brew has got a bit more tang to it, which is understandable because I would expect the citrus aspect to soften over time. But that combination of dewy fresh floral and sweetness is so great, along with Betrothal Potion they're my "I don't like floral blends but I love these floral blends" scents.

I just recently discovered I like Betrothal Potion, so I'm definitely going to try a sample of Vampire Bait!

Must try this based on reviews- sample will be in next order. Love the name. Not a floral girl at all - but sounds like yum and also I do like some of the notes. As long as the lemon doesn't spike - and seems like no one has had that happen so far. Another one goes on my GUS list. :)

Anyone out there who finds honey often goes dirty or sex-scent on them:

Can you wear this? How much can you detect the honey?

I noticed BlueBear had a positive experience, but would love to hear more encouragement as well (postage to Australia takes too long for me to bother with samples). Please give me hope...

• 5 months later...

I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this one yet. This is one of my favorites!

(Please forgive my long run on sentence)

This one reminds me of hot and humid nights, sitting on a deck, listening to crickets and frogs, when the air is so thick and heavy and there could even be a thunderstorm off in the distance, and your skin is damp with sweat, and within the heaviness of the air are these beautiful florals with greens and woods and earth that slowly swirl around you that are so heavy within the air it's as if you can almost feel them lightly kissing your skin...

This perfume transports me to this. It's so light and delicate yet luscious at the same time. Perfect in the summer or on cold winter days when you need reminding that summer will be back. I pulled this one out just to smell it and then decided I should wear it tomorrow to remind me of summer.

Edited by tink333

Phergineer, there is absolutely no dirtiness to this on me at all. There isn't even a noticeable honey tone to it in the slightest.

On the other hand, I haven't reviewed this one yet because I find it perplexing. I've been letting it age to see if I can connect with it better than I did the two times I've tried it so far.

I generally like florals, except the ones that have an ingredient that comes across as heavy and medicinal to me (not sure what that is yet).

This is not heavy, or medicinal. It's clean, but it has a strange texture. It's got a weird sharpish fuzziness to it, and an oddly transparent, icy grey-green colour. It doesn't actually register as floral to my nose, so I think the non-floral ingredients are most dominant for me. Possibly the lemongrass, lemon verbena and bamboo are creating this effect for me. I intend to try it again in a couple of months, because I really want to like it.

Edited by vladmyra

• 2 months later...

This is another floral that I like despite not liking florals. It reminds me a bit of pirouette, which I love. Vampire Bait seems to be Pirouette's younger, more innocent sister. It smells fresh, clean, green and fun.

Ok, for about ten seconds, I get old rose, but that nearly instantly exits and orange blossom makes her entrance. There is also lemon verbena and lemon grass, but faint and soft in the background. The currant adds just a wink of lightness. The bamboo lends a clean note, while the white musk warms the entire perfume without making an effort at all. The sweetness..I don't detect honey or sugar, just a great balance all the way around. The water lily peony and orchid never appear on me..thankfully, as they would amp and destroy the delicacy of this scent. This scent wears like the finest silk. Beautiful and elegant without being stuffy. Floral, fruit, gentle breezes through grasses, delicate blossoms and skin musk. Garden party, seated in the shade at a table covered with embroidered natural linen, mismatched China and colourful lemonade glasses.

• 3 weeks later...

What a beautiful and consistently blossoming scent this is!

First stage: A lush bouquet. The notes really all seem to hit at once at first sniff. That fresh, intoxicating, morning dew scent that infiltrates the air in warmer climate locations abundant in beautiful blooms. SO *pretty*. The florals are all *full* and cohesive in their melody here. You can't pick one out over the other, for myself at least.

Second stage: The scent definitely becomes sweet(er) on me w/ the honey and sugar. It's not that off-putting saccharine sweet. It's a nectarous, velvety, luscious sweet accord. The currant adds it's juicy dimension here to keep it going into a cloying, candied direction.

Third stage: Interesting. I know there are no spice/peppery notes in this, but that very last bit almost feels like turmeric or cumin - like when you take a little whiff and it kind of hits you at the back of the throat slightly (but for some reason it's those two spices in particular that my mind registers). Perhaps it's the lemon grass or verbena that's translating in such a way for me. Not sharp at all but... twangy peppery. It's minute though.

The musk helps contrast and balance the florals & sweeter notes by adding weight and body.

With that said, this is a winsome and beautiful composition. A sophisticated, elegant [on the warmer spectrum of elegance as opposed to the cooler], feminine floral.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so glad I let this one age before judging it. When I first tried it there was a strange sharp fuzziness to it, like tiny needles swathed in cotton wool stabbing at my nose and tongue. It also came across as an odd icy green/grey colour. The combined effect of these sensations made it quite disturbing to me.

Now it's morphed into an entirely different scent. It has become a smooth, light floral with a whisper of soft honeyed warmth that draws all the notes together to sweetly ground and combine them. There isn't an actual presence of honey though, just that honeyed sweetness you get from some flowers that makes their scent slightly mouth-watering. It's elegant, understated and ethereal, yet it lasts for hours, and projects beautifully. I have to avoid putting my nose right near my wrist to sniff deeply though, because at that immediate proximity to the application site the scent is too powerful and becomes a little nauseating, but allowing it to waft naturally from my skin it is beautiful. I only need to wear a very small amount of this one- it has a quiet strength to it.

Edited by vladmyra

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This isn't something I would have tried on my own, you would have lost me with all the floral elements, my last order came with a sample of vampire bait. The hubby immediately said it smelled good when I opened it. He isn't usually very reactive unless I ask for an opinion.

It starts out clean and fresh on me, then gets nicely but not overly sweet in 15 min, turning to soft slightly sweet floral in an hour or so. I usually do not like floral with the exception of Bulgarian rose Otto and that must still be blended with woods or Amber. I'm really surprised that I like this and it has staying power. I just put a little swipe in the cleveage and split on my wrists, it smelled soft and amazing when I woke this morning.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is such a sweet and pretty floral. It smells innocently feminine. Very ladylike, but not at all stuffy. Instead it's youthful and fresh. I was unsure about this one since I was worried it would be TOO floral for my taste or might trigger a migraine. Those concerns were unfounded though since this scent is truly a work of art. None of the florals overshadows the others. They are all equal components in a harmonious garden. The bamboo and sandalwood keep the florals in line so they don't go overboard. The currant imparts a slight fruity tang, and there is a touch of honey discernable, ever so faint. A well-rounded and beautiful scent. Absolutely worth getting a FB.

Edited by Juliana

• 4 weeks later...

A while ago I got a sniffee of this and didn't think much of it after I tried it. Then, I did a trade with Dolly and she included a full-size sample! Over my heartbreak of Betrothal Potion, I tried it again.

Spectacular! A masterpiece! I am not a fan of florals, but this one is tempered by its sweetness. It is not pointy or piercing at all. It's delicate florals sweetened just perfectly. I have a few Sugared "florals" and it has the same quality as my Sugared Wisteria, Peonies, and Orchids with the sweetness smoothing out the floral. I even put on some Sugared Peonies when it started to wear off, peonies being one of its floral notes. It wore a little light on me, but then I am careful with application of anything floral as I tend to get headaches later in the day from them.

I am grabbing a FB while it's still available. I think I actually prefer it to Betrothal Potion. It's soft and delicate and a pleasant floral. I don't get the currant specifically, but it probably adds to the sweetness. I am really excited Mara makes wearable florals that don't make me smell like I am carrying the actual bouquet around with me.