Vampire Bait

Beccah

Vampire Bait is a sensual intoxicating floral. I find that it blooms and morphs beautifully on my skin, the headiness of the blend not overpowering at all. I just love the tangy note that becomes more prominent on me throughout wear. Ooh, I love this long lasting perfume!

• 9 months later...

I know I've already reviewed this, but.....This is such a nice mix. I get maple, floral, and a citrusy tang. I am finally discovering that it’s not honey I like in a scent, it’s maple as long as I do not smell like pancakes. There’s only one problem with this scent - - it fades on me much too quickly. Must reapply!

Please keep this permanent, Mara!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I received this in the sampler set. There are so many notes in this that I couldn't pick them all out. It's very well blended and a real morpher on me (which I love about LPs, that they interact with your skin chemistry and become your own personal scent!) I first get a lot of floral (I am terrible at picking floral notes apart), then what feels like a smoky amber (sandalwood maybe?), then the redcurrant comes out and sweetens everything up, and then everything blends together into a woodsy floral redcurrant jam. This is over the course of about 5 hours. Sweet, floral, woodsy, berry ...it has a lot of layers and they all smell great.

I probably won't get a big bottle of this because there are just so many other scents to try, but I will be enjoying every drop of my vial!

Thanks for the reminder. I need to dig out a sample of this. I do enjoy it, just not enough to buy a full bottle as I know I won’t wear it often enough to warrant that. I just have sooooo many now it takes a lot to justify it. 

11 hours ago, hedgehog said:

@halo0073 I don't have that many scents and I already have a tough time deciding on what to wear! I can't imagine how hard it would be for you to even find a specific one.   I'm imagining you in a ball pit full of LP trials lol! 

Well I’m a total freak in this regard. Not only do I remember every one I have ever smelled ( and every perfume in general going back my entire life) I could always blind grab whichever one I was thinking of just by position in the box ( and I have a lot of boxes). And they don’t have labels. But last year MrsChrissyRez came to visit and I didn’t even realize it at the time but she took ALL of them out and made giant piles. Like things she wanted to try, things she had, things she didn’t like, things she wanted to buy. So as a result ( again without me realizing ) she put them all back Willy nilly, having no idea how much this would screw me up. I still haven’t fixed it, and I know where lots of things are now but I’m still kinda lost in general. The upside is that sometimes I pull out stuff I have not worn in a long time and was definitely not looking for so some times it’s frustrating but sometimes like this week, I’m just going with it and wearing random things I have not worn forever. But more often I’m in a specific mood so very soon I’m going to take the time to organize them all. It’s just a massive project and they all live in about 5 different places and even in different rooms on different floors of my house. But I found some boxes I’m thinking about getting on amazon. Just have not had the mood strike yet and my brain is unpredictable so I never know when the right mood or motivation will strike. 

• 1 month later...

The original Vampire Bait didn't agree with me and I traded it off immediately without second try and that was probably during my first few LP orders. 

I love fruit and floral scents, particularly orchids,. I remember this is a permanent scent and thus purchased a sample vial to try. On application, I was really happy that I only purchased a sample vial, a tiny investment. The orange blossom just didn't agree with my sniffer. But 3 hours later, the orange blossom and honey retreated to the back as an anchor point with the rest of the characters, particularly orchid, to play their part. 

I do see myself wearing this and may get a fb in my next order. 

• 2 years later...

I’ve been wearing it with the Betrothal Potion to bring the sweetness of honey and sugar down. On its own, it’s still very wearable, although a less obvious floral than I initially expected after reading the ingredients.

• 1 year later...

Will comment on the notes I hear later, but…there is something unsettling about this. If I compare it to music, it’s like a complex accord with many notes in one key with coupe of meddling notes from another composition. It’s also very loud on my skin, so perfect for carrying social pheros (for a big cloud)

• 9 months later...

This perfume is absolutely fabulous! It smells very striking at the beginning and after 10 mins it magically turns into super nice and soft smell. I received tons of compliments on it.