Rocket Chick

ivy_fiddlefox

I got my order today Weeeee! I got rocket chick and uscneted cuddle bunny. The rocket chick is sweet and yummy, it reminds me a bit of PPP (pied piper potion) for some reason. I can pretty much smell all three ice cream flavours lol!

• 2 weeks later...

I love it, it truly does smell like astronaut ice cream, it has that powdery smell the package has once you have consumed the yummy yummy treat. I get such a candy strawberry and that wonderful cocoa powder smell. Great for summer; gives me fond memories with that scent.

This does smell exactly like the neopolitan ice cream that was my father's favorite. I really like the strawberry element here - it's fresh and very true to strawberry ice cream. And the rich vanilla and chocolate blend very well. A very balanced and stable scent - especially since chocolate often morphs into bitter awfulness on me. This was still lovely 8 hours later, a freshly opened paper box of neopolitan ice cream.

Arg!!!! I've been watching this one, Neapolitan ice cream is my favorite! I ordered a sample along with my June sample pack and I can't freaking wait!!!!! :magicstick: I haven't even smelled it and I would totally agree with the bath line idea. I think I'm addicted to bath salt just about as much as I'm addicted to Potion, and THAT is saying something! :rabbit4:

Salmon Patties,

Pixie

• 4 weeks later...

I realized that I'm starting to get a collection of scents that smell, at first, like a dead ringer for something foody, then transform into something alluring after skin contact--still foody, sure, but also an alluring perfume. For example, take Mara Fox's Dead Man's Float: not just rootbeer, not just a rootbeer float, but a cold rootbeer float foamy with ice cream that smells, after a few minutes, somehow sexy.

Well, Rocket Chick does it again. Oh, it's definitely Neapolitan ice cream . . . And after a few minutes, it changes a bit, somehow retaining the innocence of birthday-party ice cream while rich enough to be a fragrance, if that makes any sense. I had sworn off chocolate scents, as I have WAY too many of them, but the chocolate-strawberry goodness of Rocket Chick has completely done me in. This has become the new scent of the summer for me; I've worn it to cookouts, fourth of July fireworks, and, yes, birthday parties. It's just a "happy" fragrance, so much so that I feel perfectly comfortable wearing this to a party full of kids and grandparents, but it's also yummy enough to reel the boyfriend in. (And it does that just fine!)

Mountainwitch, Your report was very enligtening. I have a full bottle of Rocket Chick but had set it aside without giving it a chance. I think I'll have to give this potion a second go after reading your observations. This one sounds like a winner. And the scent can work in both worlds. Family, friends and lovers. Cool.

Thank you for the kind words mountainwitch. Actually, Danna was the one who came up with the inspiration for Dead Man's Float.

Oops! Thanks for the correction; I like giving credit where it's due. And both of you deserve a lot of credit! :)

Glad it helped, Countesszero. Hope that you enjoy!

• 6 months later...

Mannnnn.... I wanna try this! I love the powdery, creamy strawberry vanilla thought..Looooove the packaging. Want some astro-ice cream. But I's SCARED of chocolate!! It usually turns into something very abnormal on me(something from another planet even, which would work for 'rocket chick' haha).

How much and what kind of chocolate is in here? Maybe I'll take a risk...

• 4 weeks later...

Ooooo so Rocket Chick smells like Ice cream?...this I got to try for myself...

I can only imagine how good it's going to smell. I have heard alot of good things about this one...but I am still going to play things safe and get a sample first... :Hug_emoticon:

It's a really soft, milky chocolate. Not overpowering at all. It has all the flavors in that Neopolitan ice cream - Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, and it REALLY smells just like that tastes. Very creamy.

How funny you should say that Mara,

As I was reading these lovely ladies descriptions all I thought about was could it possibly be Neopolitan ice cream they were referring to? LOL. Gosh I am so tempted to get this April's sampler pack and this and so many other samples....You guys make it so tough for us to decide....=) hehe...but that is a good thing!!

• 3 months later...

i have a sample of this, i'm quite thrilled i managed to nab a free bottle of rocket chick in the sale going on here.

there are times when it is advantageous to smell like neapolitan ice-cream: with my son, around kiddies, when i feel cute and playful, at night with my guy...i notice that men often enjoy foody scents, this one is a great change from pure sugars, vanilla's, cupcakes and the like.

it's a yummy comforting scent and does smell exactly like ice-cream!

i just love this one, it is definitely one of my 'fun' scents!

Hi CBH

I got your package today!!!!! Thx....love them.....

{Sigh} hubby can smell pheros in LPLE w/ BI...so I guess I will be traddomg that soon...He loves to TSBH....gonna try BB on him today...See if he detects anything....LOL

Hope u got ur goodies...

Hi CBH

I got your package today!!!!! Thx....love them.....

{Sigh} hubby can smell pheros in LPLE w/ BI...so I guess I will be traddomg that soon...He loves to TSBH....gonna try BB on him today...See if he detects anything....LOL

Hope u got ur goodies...

aaawww, too bad about the lple w/bi. trading that one won't be a prob. so many ladies here love it.

nope, no package yet. i must be a patient grasshopper.

• 2 months later...

So. You were right and I'm silly!

I got Rocket Chick in the Mega sale and was amazed by the deliciousness on cold sniff, so after playing with various other new toys, I layered heavily over a bit of white OCCO.

GOD. I fear light LP chocolate no more (I actually like it in the sample of Classic Seduction I got too, but I digress).

My boy comes over-he's filthy. One of his jobs is cleaning estates and abandoned buildings all over the city. Today was a doozy-some place in the projects that he related to the movie Gummo.

On his way to the shower, he stops to kiss me while I'm cooking dinner and just sorta stays paralyzed

"Mmmm-you smell like Ice cream cones"

"VERY good honey, its actually astronaut Ice cream" and proceeds to attack me in the kitchen for a few before I tell him he must shower first, dirty boy.

Rocket Chick is SCRUMPTIOUS! The dominant note is sweet candy strawberry, powdery and sexy with vanilla and the most mellow of chocolate..very skin friendly-I have the MOST screwy skin chemistry when it comes to chocolate notes, and this smells AMAZING on me!

Might have to hoard a little more during the sale...

OF COURSE now my EGG fears are all blown to hell as well-gotta get me some of that!

Of all the scents I got in my mondo order today, who would have thought I'd face my Chocolate fears first?

Well. I'm very gals I did cause it looks like dinner isn't all that's gonna get taken a bite out of tonight! :woohoonaner2gy: (had to use sir dancing weenie-haven't seen him in awhile).

Thanks Ladies for breaking my cocoa boundaries and making yet another tasty scent!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love Rocket Chick but only if I use it very lightly. If I use it lightly it just dances up to my nose until it drys down to yummy vanilla with a little chocolate powderiness for depth. If I slather (which I won't do again, mind you) I can smell all 3 flavors of ice cream but the strawberry overwhelms me for at least 3 hours. Lesson learned.

I wanna add-At the museum yesterday I bought some astronaught ice cream!! I LOVE it! I used to get it at the museum as a kid all the time. (Heehee-I also got a water snake-remember those? Toys shaped like a tube that you cant hold onto? And some SLIME!!! Yep good old fashioned slime-I oddly love smell of toy slime-I paid museum admission and D bought my toys-yes 30 and I still play with toys-sue me!)

I came home and WOW-the comparison of Rocket Chick to real Astro Ice Cream REALLY is spot on. Rocket chick is perhaps a bit creamier, that's a good thing anyway.

Again-I love this stuff-broke my fear of chocolate and now I'm plumb HOARDING this perfume. Yummeh!!!

• 5 months later...

I just got this in a trade, so I thought I'd review it just for funsies, even though it's GGG.

It is delicious-smelling! I haven't had astronaut ice cream since I was a kid, but this brings back memories. It manages to smell just like how I remember it.

Lovely strawberry, chocolate, creamy vanilla, and that freeze-dried smell, too, somehow!