Jennifer's Key Lime Kiss

Black Cat

AD-PE-JenniferKLK.jpg

Jennifer's Key Lime Kiss

Jennifer asked for a foody (not drinky) lime and toasted coconut blend, so I combined 2 kinds of natural lime EOs with 3 coconut varieties to achieve the toasted feel, topped with a dash of vanilla custard and whipped cream. Delish! The lime oils, being natural, make this blend a little bit cloudy. *Make sure you shake before you apply.*

I confess, I kind of started to get cold feet about this one -- yes, I love *eating* Key Lime pie, but I suddenly thought, do I really want to smell like it?

Well, if I had to pick a favorite of my three PEs, this would be it! Like Sunset Kiss, it's a sexy yummy summer tropical foodie. I was a little worried about being overwhelmed by the lime, but it's perfectly balanced by the coconut (and whatever those three varieties of coconut are, this is the yummiest LP coconut experience I think I've ever had!). Rich, creamy, mouth-wateringly decadent.

But somehow Mara got more than the foodie elements in there -- I swear there is a lick of salt air and a wisp of suntan lotion and a hot summer breeze hovering around the edges of the scent. I get this huge wave of nostalgia when I smell it -- I think I may be remembering visiting family in Florida when I was much younger.

Like Sunset Kiss, I think this is going to be perfect with both Lumina and Cuddle Bunny. The only question is, do I have enough bottles?!

This sounds wonderful... something different than the "usual" summery scents or the typical fruits I lean towards (cherry, orange, lemon). And I do love Key LIme Pie... great review and if it's your fav that's good enough for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this just as much as I love real key lime pie, so much so that when I smelled it, I had an inclination to look for the nutrition info. 23094858 calories. Out of the bottle's it's all key lime pie, all the time, very creamy and tart and topped with toasted coconut. By the way, I recognize that delicious toasted coconut from my donut PE from a while back, so glad it's making an appearance in something else! Anyway, on the drydown something really cool happens. The key lime pie is still there, but like BlackCat said, you get a feel of coconut suntan oil and salt air that's kind of like experiencing that slice of pie on the beach.

The only problem is, now I want to go to Miami.

And drink lime margaritas on the beach!

I can't wait until my bottle of this delicious-sounding confection gets here!

Oh, yay, Invi, I'm so glad these both work for you!

And yes, I probably should have posted that one unfortunate side effect....

And oh, man, not like I wasn't already sad to have missed your Coconut Donut -- yowsa!

Thank goodness Mara keeps crafting tropical wonderfulness for us. Ducky and Lovestruck, can't wait to hear what you think when the gorgeousness arrives in your mailboxes!

AD-PE-JenniferKLK.jpg

Jennifer's Key Lime Kiss

Jennifer asked for a foody (not drinky) lime and toasted coconut blend, so I combined 2 kinds of natural lime EOs with 3 coconut varieties to achieve the toasted feel, topped with a dash of vanilla custard and whipped cream. Delish! The lime oils, being natural, make this blend a little bit cloudy. *Make sure you shake before you apply.*

I confess, I kind of started to get cold feet about this one -- yes, I love *eating* Key Lime pie, but I suddenly thought, do I really want to smell like it?

Well, if I had to pick a favorite of my three PEs, this would be it! Like Sunset Kiss, it's a sexy yummy summer tropical foodie. I was a little worried about being overwhelmed by the lime, but it's perfectly balanced by the coconut (and whatever those three varieties of coconut are, this is the yummiest LP coconut experience I think I've ever had!). Rich, creamy, mouth-wateringly decadent.

But somehow Mara got more than the foodie elements in there -- I swear there is a lick of salt air and a wisp of suntan lotion and a hot summer breeze hovering around the edges of the scent. I get this huge wave of nostalgia when I smell it -- I think I may be remembering visiting family in Florida when I was much younger.

Like Sunset Kiss, I think this is going to be perfect with both Lumina and Cuddle Bunny. The only question is, do I have enough bottles?!

BC, Your review sold me…. I've just asked to put one on hold...

• 3 weeks later...

BC I have to tell you that I love love LOVE both of your PEs that I got.... Key Lime and Sunset Kiss(es)! They are both different and BOTH incredibly wonderful in different ways. The Key Lime Kiss is fresh, bright and happy and OH so yummy without screaming FOODY (I love foody, but I have a LOT of foody scents already!) I get the toasty coconut note and yummy vanilla-creaminess after drydown - but I can still smell a tiny tart bit of lime poking through. I don't know what else to say except you and Mara made a great team on these... I am really enjoying them.

ETA: OMG I love them both. Please save the recipe. :perfecto:

I said this in my JSK review but it really fits (IMO) Key Lime Kiss is fun and flirtatious (but in a GROWN-UP way) and Sunset Kiss is OMG take me now lusciousness. These have got to be two of my favorite LPs ever. Seriously.

Edited by LoveStruck

Oh, Lovestruck, I am SO happy these work for you!! I am in love with both, but it's nice to hear how well they travel! I really like the way you characterize the difference between them, and I think you are right on the money.

I stocked up well on both but I can totally see asking for a rebrew at some point, because, well, the luciousness!

Anyway. So glad you like them!

You ladies are such total enablers! After reading all these wonderful reviews, I was dying for a slice of Jennifer's Key Lime Kiss. I mean, after all, I could taste the toasted coconut, whipped cream and key lime -- I just had to have it. Fortunately, I was able to snag the last bottle. This will go so well with OW, Cougar, Lumina, etc. -- can't wait till it gets here!

You ladies are such total enablers! After reading all these wonderful reviews, I was dying for a slice of Jennifer's Key Lime Kiss. I mean, after all, I could taste the toasted coconut, whipped cream and key lime -- I just had to have it. Fortunately, I was able to snag the last bottle. This will go so well with OW, Cougar, Lumina, etc. -- can't wait till it gets here!

JudyO you are lucky - I just went on to get the last bottle! I put JKLK on this morning & decided that when I got home I'd get the last one (I'd snag another JSK too if there were any!) LOL we did our "job" reviewing these and it does move the product- sometimes too fast for our own good! It will be awesome with Cougar I know! It is sexy flirty fun.

I know you'll love it... And if not, you know where to find me !!! ;)

OMGosh, Lovestruck, you must have been reading my mind! I was out this afternoon reading new posts on my cellphone when I saw Blackcat's entry, read the thread and checked to see if any was still available. When I read how much you loved it and how it was one of your all time favorite PE's, I *had* to have it! There was only one bottle left, but I thought I'd chance it by driving home and reserving it when I got there. However, something told me to pull over and post immediately! I'm so glad I did, but you must be ready to kill me! I'm sure it's going to be every it as wonderful as you say it is, but maybe we can re-do a PE sometime with Mara' help?!!

If you DON'T love it I will be shocked :) but I will be happy to take it from your hands if that happens!?

No worries... there's always more to LOVE around the bend so I don't get too distraught anymore when I miss out... figure it's fate, LOL.

Yes I'd love to do a PE - but there are SO many good ones from the vets that it's hard to take that leap! Hopefully Mara will save the recipe on these two (Jennifer's Kisses) so we wont have to reinvent the magick combo.

JudyO! Keep meaning to pop on here and say yay for climbing on the sexy tropical bandwagon. I hope you love it!

And I believe it is possible for anyone to order a rebrew of a PE -- you can always email and ask if Mara still has the recipe and ingredients. With my Black Cat Mojo, a number of us asked together so that she knew how many bottles to make.

Ohhhh, Blackcat, I am soooo sorry I missed out on your Sunset Kisses, but at least I got the Key Lime Kiss! I absolutely love tropical -- I love to pretend it's summer all year long!!! Got totally distracted by the big sale and luckily saw your post and Lovestruck's review to get the last bottle. We'll have to wait till we all run out and hopefully we can get a rebrew!

Edit: Ya know, I never thought I would like lime. Then I read how Lovestruck was raving about it, the toasted coconut and how your mom loved it more than Sunset Kiss! I just had to have it!

Edited by JudyO

Edit: Ya know, I never thought I would like lime. Then I read how Lovestruck was raving about it, the toasted coconut and how your mom loved it more than Sunset Kiss! I just had to have it!

LOL JO...venturing into unfamiliar scent territory falls somewhere between a "delicate balance" and a "crap shoot". I love dark chocolate but I CANNOT stand to wear it in a scent. I love margaritas & key lime pie so I wondered if I was headed into rough water here too, but JKLK is so perfectly balanced to create a euphoric citrus/creme/toasty coconut dream that I think very few mortal women would NOT adore it, even if they don't usually "do" citrus.

I knowww.... Normally, I really don't like lime that much, especially when it's part of the main focus of a scent. As an accent, it could work okay depending on what else is going on. That all said, it was a total and complete leap of faith for me to get this bottle. I can taste it in my mouth. Toasted coconut, key lime pie... I'm getting hungry and may just head off to see if I can find a slice somewhere (with graham cracker crust and whipped cream, of course!).

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a fun scent! It's very different from anything else I would have expected a lime scent to smell like. That's probably because the coconut and cream are at the front, and the lime is somewhere in the background, at least to me. It is beautifully blended, because as Lovestruck said, it's not easy to come up with such a perfect balance -- it definitely is a "slice of pie on the beach" (Invidiana, you're making me drool for a key lime pie)! I can see myself wearing this one with Lumina, Cougar or even Open Windows!

Edited by JudyO

• 9 months later...

I just wanted to report that Key Lime Kiss has aged spectacularly -- last week I had it on several days in a row and I can report that it is slightly richer, slightly brighter, slightly creamier, and all out wonderful. Also, my mother stopped me at the door one night and said, "What are you wearing? It's WONDERFUL" and when I reminded her that she had loved it when I got it last year but declined a bottle, said she didn't know what she was thinking and she needed her own supply pronto. She agreed with me that not only is this one of the most delicious foodie scents ever concocted, it has some powerful emotional nostalgic juju going on. So I was forced to dip into the hoard. Thank god I overbought on this one!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to report that Key Lime Kiss has aged spectacularly -- last week I had it on several days in a row and I can report that it is slightly richer, slightly brighter, slightly creamier, and all out wonderful. Also, my mother stopped me at the door one night and said, "What are you wearing? It's WONDERFUL" and when I reminded her that she had loved it when I got it last year but declined a bottle, said she didn't know what she was thinking and she needed her own supply pronto. She agreed with me that not only is this one of the most delicious foodie scents ever concocted, it has some powerful emotional nostalgic juju going on. So I was forced to dip into the hoard. Thank god I overbought on this one!

In complete agreement BC. I've been reaching for it lately... everyone (from my 10 yo nephew to my 90 yo mom) remarks about how "goooood" I smell. Layering it with OCCO Ambrosia is sooo sexy... also with Spring's Lusty Cherry and (add sexy UN of choice). Really a mood booster :)

:kisses:

In complete agreement BC. I've been reaching for it lately... everyone (from my 10 yo nephew to my 90 yo mom) remarks about how "goooood" I smell. Layering it with OCCO Ambrosia is sooo sexy... also with Spring's Lusty Cherry and (add sexy UN of choice). Really a mood booster :)

:kisses:

Oooh, I traded away Ambrosia because it never quite worked for me, but I still have Lusty Cherry, and I never would have thought of those two together!

Ooh I'm going to try this with Ambrosia right now!

do you have any more lusty cherry? Or did I buy your only bottle? On me, combining it with Ambrosia is remarkably close to Wendy's Hot & Humid, which you know I love. I suppose it takes just the right amount of each...The unusual thing is that the ingredients are not even similar I think. Edited by LoveStruck