Romie's Sleep Tight Might

Romie's notes:

Lavender

Yellow rose

Chocolate

Marshmallow

Baby smell

First off, let me say how thrilled she is. I asked her 'is it right?' And she said 'yes!'. She loved the label. You nailed it!!

I'm going to come back later and review properly :)

Edited by cinnamonmel

First out of the bottle you can smell the lavender, then the chocolate, then oakmoss, the rose peeps through, but then sinks back into the chocolate. The oakmoss is fairly strong for a little bit. It's then a kind of balance between chocolate and lavender for a little while, with the other notes in the background. Then after a while the musk and marshmallow really come into their own, it's a beautiful musk Mara! Fab choice! As a perfume at this stage it fits into the same family as Purple Puff and The Big Easy, mum, dad, and baby!

Colour wise, it begins blue and green and turns to soft purple.

I'm really enjoying it. I'm kicking myself that we didn't order more now.

Bf tried it and it took on a more masculine tone. He said at first he smelled a ton of chocolate and then licorice allsorts, specifically the blue bobbly one. I can see maybe where he's coming from, it does have a similarity to Sogni incantati, a suggestion of aniseed. But not on me.

Edited by cinnamonmel

• 3 weeks later...

No gun-toting rose here! Sometimes rose will do that on my skin but this one is really soft. The lavender doesn't tote around any weapons either. It's equally gentle and relaxing, how lavender should be (the straight-up EO is way too strong for me). The flowers are surrounded by pillowy gourmand notes that don't read "dessert" as much as "sweet escape" and while babies tend to scare me, this baby smell note doesn't remind me of actual babies at least. There must be some light musk in there, no sour milk or anything like that. Actually this is very much like New's gourmand cousin, with the floral, clean and relaxing aspects surrounded by clouds of marshmallow and a hint of chocolate. So glad to have risked a bottle!

No gun-toting rose here! Sometimes rose will do that on my skin but this one is really soft. The lavender doesn't tote around any weapons either. It's equally gentle and relaxing, how lavender should be (the straight-up EO is way too strong for me). The flowers are surrounded by pillowy gourmand notes that don't read "dessert" as much as "sweet escape" and while babies tend to scare me, this baby smell note doesn't remind me of actual babies at least. There must be some light musk in there, no sour milk or anything like that. Actually this is very much like New's gourmand cousin, with the floral, clean and relaxing aspects surrounded by clouds of marshmallow and a hint of chocolate. So glad to have risked a bottle!

Good to know. I was a little concerned about the rose.

• 1 month later...

I put this on last night for bed as I have been under a great deal of stress with my mothers passing and dealing with the estate. This is the best Lavender I have ever worn. The rose is very light and in the background. The lavender, marshmallow and chocolate are what make this blend amazing and the rose is what makes it outstanding.

It has this light feel to it but than it instantly puts you at peace. It has the ability to give you that peaceful feeling yet no note overtakes the blend to make it negative in any way…. I'm so happy I have this bottle and will purchase more bottles if any rebreeds happen in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a beautiful scent, I kept meaning to post about it. It was a gift for one of my daughters who has a tough time handling stress, every little thing seems to get to her (though part of it could be hormones, I guess, she's almost 11!) It is just beautiful, soft and warm and comforting. It is not strongly floral to my nose, but I'm sure skin chemistry plays into that. Mad props to Romie! Can't wait to see what she comes up with next :)

• 5 months later...

Posting again because my daughter just used up her bottle from November and needed me to order her another. She says this always helps her sleep at night and helps her wake up in a good mood, she never wants to be without it. :) I don't have the heart to explain artisan perfume availability to her! Really lovely and there are still a couple on Etsy if anyone else could use some sweet dreams!