Do I want pheros, cops, or both?

Memorare

What would you wise women (and men) recommend for getting mismatched libidos synched up a little better? I'm the one who'd prefer more intimacy (and I'm female). The only time my man gets pounce-y of his own volition in this department is when I'm ovulating, and that's a verrrry short chunk out of the month :thumbdown: Will cops alone encourage more pouncing at the other times of my cycle? Thanks for any advice!

Yes cops should encourage him. But if your talking about private sexy time with your man (you're safe with him ect), and you both want a good sexy boost, the powerful Sexpinoage could be the way to go. A powerful sexual phero blend with cops in the mix is a great sexual stimulant. It is a smelly one so if you go for the Unscented make sure you have a good cover scent. It's also available in the popular "Compromising Positions".

Two other stimulating, powerful phero blends, which also contain cops, are Blatant Invitation (aka BI) & La Femme Noir (LFN)

I'd suggest you check out the descriptions in the Perfumerie and the review threads in the Phero Review forum.

Just remember that the above mentioned phero blends do require a cover scent. Good luck!

Dolly has posted some super fantastic info on pheros and cops - so much information I haven't been able to read it all yet - but definitely recommend as she knows her stuff and was kind enough to share a TON of very valuable info. The perfumerie area has a 'reading room' about all the cops and phero blends. I've been reading there to better understand how certain pheros 'work' - that is also a go-to resource. Phero-wiki is the name of that area I think. There's also a link to all the phero blends and their information - valuable info.

If you're going for straight cops (after reading Dolly's info and guidance) - OCCO like missdarlyncherie said is a great pick. When I started reading, a lot of threads suggested LAM or BAM. Definitely check out the LAM / BAM thread - glad I did. The takeaway I got from that thread is that most folks with steady SOs typically go for BAM - both LAM and BAM contain cops and pheros but they are difft blends. And there are some GREAT reviews/ experiences about both there. You can get BAM samples if you don't to commit to FBs yet/ prior to sale. I would recommend that as well - it's a PERM favorite for a reason. ;)

For myself, I don't currently have ft BF to be able to 'test' any cops or phero blends, but between the phero-wiki, the reviews, etc. have bought a fair amount of samples for self-testing. My personal strategy has been to try samples with different phero & cops blends already in them to see what works for me. That said, I've bought some non-phero samples to find scent loves - bc I figure once I know the pheros/cops that 'work' for me - I can always buy scents and boosters separately.

Edited by Beach Goddess

You have been given a lot of great suggestions. I think you should get samples of both pheros that contain a lot of cops like (Sexpionage) and straight cops or cop blends like the OCCOs. That way you can have a lot to mix and match and play around with. :)

Thanks for all the advice! I'm taking notes!

It's actually because of reading Dolly's great explanation about what cops do that I thought adding pheros too might be overkill in our situation. I'm trying to keep this rated PG and not go too deep into TMI territory, but I'd like to see him be more aggressive and initiate a little more often, rather than only being that way when I'm fertile, ya know? And of course we've talked about it, but when he pushes himself to be that way more often just to please me but he's not really "feeling it," I can tell (it's like he's trying too hard, if that makes sense?), and that sucks the fun out of it for me. I'm hoping that something here can help him "feel it" more so when the effort is made, it's NOT such an effort, if that makes any sense? Do y'all think that is a reasonable expectation or am I expecting too much from this stuff? I just want to make sure I'm being realistic.

I am going to avoid buying anything unscented until I've tried some of the blends out so I can figure out what works for us, but based on your posts I am thinking a trial vial of Compromising Positions is definitely making the cut, and OCCO White has been at the top of the list since I started making one (triple vanilla?? SQUEE!)

I need to go read the LAM/BAM thread, that is one I've been puzzling over. I don't think I'm really understanding what the difference is (but I'm having trouble keeping straight what does what, to who!) Sooo much information! My brain hasn't worked this hard since college!

Thanks again for all the input and I'm still open to any suggestions y'all may have, I'm not going to pull the trigger on an order until I see what's going on sale. :)

... but I'd like to see him be more aggressive and initiate a little more often, rather than only being that way when I'm fertile...

Then yes, definitely grab a sample of Compromising Positions!!! BI is also good for this too. Caressful Breeze has BI in it, so grab a sample. (And it smells wonderful, too!)

With me, LAM is more outgoing whereas BAM encourages more intimate encounters (not necessarily sexually intimate, but all the cops can make it go there easily).

Memorare I requested much of the same "guidance" from the forum :Emoticons04263: when I started on LPMP. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't gotten such great direction from the forum vets.

Something I got on a total whim that actually got my SO to rev up our romance was Like a Magnet (LAM) Original - Sugared Vanilla & Honey. That one still gets him EVERY time. There's a reason they named it the man-magnet.

I have lots of sexy-scents now that I play with, but if I want to guarantee a response, I know to pull out the LAM. All the LAMs are blended with Alpha-Androstenol (mood-elevator) and EoW Cops - you need to let it dry down good before dressing - I quickly learned there's a fine line between cops (scent) being arousing vs. mood-killing!

My very first LP was LP Red, and I got it boosted with cops... it is AWESOME, (as is the Original LP if you haven't tried it) and they both cover cops well if you just want to experiment with layering with an OCCO (but I want the experts to chime in here on which OCCO would be the best to layer with LP Red - I just had mine boosted when I ordered it).

Compromising Positions was recommended a lot during my early days of "research" :say19: I got CompPositions because I was forewarned about getting used to the smell of Sexpionage (GREAT advice to heed). Any blend with Sexpionage is great to amp things up. I actually used it more after I got us back in a 'routine' (so to speak) to spice things up even more.

You will have a ton of fun experimenting... and Mara makes such incredible scents that you will get lost in this nirvana... like the rest of us!!!

Thanks so much for the tips!

Having done more reading, I'm a little scared of trying BAM, I think because I've never had trouble getting people to open up to me and I'm scared what I'd unleash if I added beta-androstenol to whatever vibes I'm already putting out. For that reason I think I'm leaning more towards sampling LAM. Maybe I will be able to muster some courage in the future. I just have this horrible mental image of my man developing a bad case of "diarrhea of the mouth" and making me want to stab him with a fork instead of fork him. :P

You will never know know what works for you and him without experimenting,and boy oh boy is that the fun part :Emoticons0424: ...my SP goes wild for Mara's Rocket Fuel 2 <sold out> which has BI in it. But, at this point the mere scent association is a huge turn on ! ... sample sample sample read read read ... Mara is genius with her phero scent with intent pairings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have this horrible mental image of my man developing a bad case of "diarrhea of the mouth" and making me want to stab him with a fork instead of fork him. :P

:say19: My husband inherited his Mother's motor mouth... she talks "without periods" and he "can talk the paint off a wall" if given the opportunity! When he starts in I feel the same way... I start looking for utensils.

I tried BAM with him and didn't get much response (in the romance dept) I know they are similar in mix, but LAM just seems to flip the right switch.

I think starting with LAM would be a good test run... then you can later ramp things up with the Sexpionage, BI, Gotcha! and Sexology blends since they seem a little more "scientific", so to speak.

Good luck and be sure to post so we know what works - it's never an "exact science" for anyone and it always helps to hear what works/doesn't work for fellow forum members.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a hubby or SO, and are not out playing the field, you pretty much have to find what works for THEM as well as what works for YOU. Some men don't respond to certain blends.....for instance, my man's reactions are erratic to high doses of Est if not tempered with something more dominant. Some times good. sometimes ok, sometimes horrifyingly bad......so I kinda know what to hit him with, when to hit him, and HOW.

You will learn with time....to me, it sounds like you could use a good LAM or OCCO to start with.

Thank you all again for the advice! Phero wise, I went with LAM and trial vials of OCCO White, Compromising Positions, Beth's Blushing Milkmaid (which is cops only) and Sneaky Clean (just to have something a little different in tone from the rest). You all have steered me true! I haven't tried the OCCO or Compromising Positions yet, because the LAM and BBM have been smashing successes (not at the same time, of course!!) I will have to report back when I get around to the others. LAM is so much fun. It is not aggressive the way I was thinking, but more "playful." A lot of laughter ^_^ Impossible not to like that one!

Now, I preface the following with a disclaimer that I am not trying to say sex is some kind of a band-aid for any issues that may be in a relationship. So please don't misunderstand me. But when it's just a matter of synchronizing drives a little better, things are otherwise good...OMG, what a difference some more lovin' makes! Life is so much more pleasant all around. We're both in a better mood in general. The little things are rolling off both of us easier. The past week has been so upbeat, even though all the stresses of daily life and work and family have been exactly the same. It's so good for a relationship when all aspects of it are doing well! I didn't realize how much tension this "one little thing" was causing. And now it's no big deal. Just like that! It sounds so melodramatic but I'll say it anyway, I feel like finding LPMP has changed my life in a good way. I'm so thankful for this place and Mara's amazing talents!! Thanks so much for helping me out. I was so overwhelmed trying to figure out what to try first. LAM wasn't even on the list I first came up with on my own! (Sounds unthinkable now! :P )

So glad you are loving LAM - it was my 1st test EVER and 1st FB order. I am worried @ posting @ my love for it anymore for fear I'll get labeled as spammer.

I must create journal on my ODE OF LOVE TO LAM. And y'all probably know I'm only halfway kidding on this. So far it's helped me so much in being less grouchy, more open and the daily stress stuff gets to me less. Plus makes me feel prettier. :Emoticons0804:

You're lucky to have someone to test with but I wear LAM bc it makes me feel happier and more playful in general. Glad to hear how well it works with a SO. Here's to me finding a worthy FT BF soon for happier and more (ahem) interactive testing! :kiss43:

LOL @ Beach Goddess...LAM spamming!! I hope you do find a worthy partner soonest, LAM is fun for everyone! (Hey, that could be a jingle! :D ) I understand how you feel though, I feel like I've been spamming everyone I know about Sugared Honeycomb, which I also ordered...except my mother because I'd die a thousand deaths if she read the description comparing it to "female musk" and "smelling like sex" (she did not even try to give me the sex talk until an hour before my wedding...I should have won an Oscar for being able to keep a straight face through that one :P ) It is taking me so long to try out my whole order because I never want to take it off! (I know I can layer it, but I also do my first test drive of a scent wearing only that scent so I can make an honest assessment of it, it's just how I roll!)

Memorare,

I'm so excited for you that your relationship is better. I had a similar experience last night, just from cuddling with Totem: Beaver. Not the normal use for that business blend but it worked for us. Feels so good to be connected again. Can't wait to hear more of how things are going for you two.

LOL @ Beach Goddess...LAM spamming!! I hope you do find a worthy partner soonest, LAM is fun for everyone! (Hey, that could be a jingle! :D ) I understand how you feel though, I feel like I've been spamming everyone I know about Sugared Honeycomb, which I also ordered...except my mother because I'd die a thousand deaths if she read the description comparing it to "female musk" and "smelling like sex" (she did not even try to give me the sex talk until an hour before my wedding...I should have won an Oscar for being able to keep a straight face through that one :P ) It is taking me so long to try out my whole order because I never want to take it off! (I know I can layer it, but I also do my first test drive of a scent wearing only that scent so I can make an honest assessment of it, it's just how I roll!)

That's hilarious. My mom never gave me a sex talk except don't do it or you will burn in hell which is why I am such a whore, it worked so well. Anyway if she likes a scent I give her the sample and completely forget about the phero involved. I have told her before about the pheros it he didn't seem to care. She loves that Raspberry Confite one so much so she is wearing Bang to church constantly. Oh well I did try to warn her. And I also smell indecent exposure (with Sexology) on her all the time too.

That's hilarious. My mom never gave me a sex talk except don't do it or you will burn in hell which is why I am such a whore, it worked so well. Anyway if she likes a scent I give her the sample and completely forget about the phero involved. I have told her before about the pheros it he didn't seem to care. She loves that Raspberry Confite one so much so she is wearing Bang to church constantly. Oh well I did try to warn her. And I also smell indecent exposure (with Sexology) on her all the time too.

^^OMG Lol!!! :lol: Go Mom!

I really like the scent of Indecent Exposure too!

I talk to my kids openly and use proper terms like regular words so they, at some point, will be comfortable with the idea that it's ok to communicate regarding sex, health & hygiene.

I also toss books at them. For my daughter I started with the American Girl books. My two other favs are "Changing Bodies Changing Lives"by Ruth Bell

& For Teens a little older the more progressive

" S.E.X." by Heather Corinna

Edited by StacyK

MDC, that's so freakin' funny just had to repost your quote bc I laughed out loud. Between you and Lady V (and many others) keep me laughing so I get a daily dose of it. :Emoticons04263:

Ok, finally tried Compromising Positions. Good lord, talking about trying to light a match with a freakin' flame thrower :rofl222: Seriously, if I worked at a mortuary, I still wouldn't wear this to work, because I don't think an actual pulse is even required to get a response from CP.* That is some potent stuff!

So for my purposes, I think LAM and BBM are the big winners for I guess what I should call "ordinary use." They do the trick without wearing us both out :blush: And of course they smell fantastic!! I'll have to order more CP when I run out of the trial vial for "special occasion use" because it was really fun but way too intense when we both have to get up early the next morning. Oops!

*Please do not interpret this as meaning I'd EVER suggest wearing CP out of the house for any reason. I've only worn it once and at home, but having done so, I would absolutely never ever suggest wearing it outside of the house. Or even inside the house if you have kids but don't have a good lock on the bedroom door. Not even kidding.

Edited by Memorare