Halo needs a favor

halo0073

I need a favor from you guys. Please stop contacting me on facebook for work stuff. It is pretty invasive at this point. I get facebook notifications at ALL hours on my phone which is always with me. I have literally been woken up at 2 am by a message alert. It's just too much. If you have a LP question, ask it here, on my work email or on the LPMP page if you must do it through facebook. I am admin on that account, so I will see it and answer it. As far as email exchanges go those must be done through my work email. I need a record of those. Not to mention all the contact info is stored in my work email so it creates so much extra work for me if you post them on my personal wall or even through a private message. I message with a lot of you. Please DO message me if there is something of a personal nature you want to talk to me about. But if it's an LP question please post it here or through my email. I do not want to be on call 24 hours a day. That's what is happening. I know you guys wouldn't PM Mara with a question, so please show me the same respect. I read every single post on the forum, I WILL see what you post here. If I didn't answer here, I probably don't intend to. Thank you for your consideration in this matter. I love, breathe and bleed LPMP. I don't want it to feel like a drag.

here is my work email:

lpfragrancescustomersrvc@ymail.com

:hearts04276: I'm sad you even had to post this Halo. It's a shame that it's gotten to this point... worse than being a doctor on call (even doctors have associates and back-ups for when they need/take a break!) Sounds like you've managed to tolerate it for a good while, but enough is enough. With LP growing fast, something has to be done to make/keep it manageable for you at the very least.

We all need to stop and remember there's only ONE Halo/Heather and HUNDREDS of us (there's 1300+ forum members!) so this is a logical, reasonable request everyone. Pass it on and make it happen.

Edited by LoveStruck55

Please let me apologize here, for having accidentally emailed your personal email instead of your work one....am saving the trade request email in my contacts.

Edited by tyvey

Thanks for all that you do Halo. When people call my work phone after the office is closed, I refuse to answer. I understand totally! Breaks and time off when you work like crazy all day is way important! You, Mara and Luna always take time to explain things very well and even spell it our when we don't "get" it lol! And I think if you don't intend on answering a question, it's because it's already been answered!

Edited by hearts

d'oh...guilty :WTH: I apologize

but... :OU1D43~112:

finally added the CS email addy to my contacts :emot129:

Edited by liz

Please add me to the list not those apologizing. I was anxious and confused about combining antibiotics and pheros. I still am, but I will address any future questions I might have strictly to LP Customer Service or simply post any queries here at the forum. I really am sincerely sorry for bothering you with this outside of LP halo. I did not mean to be intrusive or seem disrespectful of your personal time and space. I do respect both you and your time. Sincerest apologies.

Sorry if this was me you're referring to, I thought posting in the LP party group thread would be okay and you'd just see it whenever. I can't get the email to work for email exchanges. Sorry to have bothered you.

Just a thought, can you uninstall the FB app, then you don't get notifications for anything? I don't use it as it'd make me crazy. Bf gets stupid notifications all the time.

No I want to get notifications. I'm on FB a lot! I'm not in that large LP group anymore so if you posted it there I didn't see it.

Halo, I thought you had started that group, I'm so sorry your not a member anymore. I truly understand separating work and personal life. I tell my employees they can not call me any day before 7am and not after 6pm on any weekday. If its an emergency they can text me….

Oh fuck that. I don't even want to talk to anyone on the phone at all after 5. Not even family or friends. It's too much work. I taught my mom how to text because I don't want to listen to everything she just saw on las noticias.

Word. I have "Do Not Disturb" set on my phone from 9 pm- 9 am. Everyone knows to text me if there's an emergency. My down time is as much for everyone else's well being as it is for mine :P

Good boundary! We all need to learn to ask for what we need. I really respect this! We teach people how to treat us, and if we don't speak up then they don't get the opportunity to learn and self correct. I had a client text me at 7:30 this am. Not cool. Will address it later today. :nope02716:

Oh fuck that. I don't even want to talk to anyone on the phone at all after 5. Not even family or friends. It's too much work. I taught my mom how to text because I don't want to listen to everything she just saw on las noticias.

Me too!! (Taught my mom to text so that I wouldn't get harrassed by her phone calls). I talk to my BFF Nic though every single night until we fall asleep. That's all hysterical fun though.

It's a long one for sure! It's above. Copy and paste it. You must be spelling it wrong since it works fine for everyone else

I was copying and pasting! My email is just a law unto itself.

I turn my phone off or onto plane mode for bed, and I'm with ladyv, I can't really stand talking on the phone when I'm tired.

No I want to get notifications. I'm on FB a lot! I'm not in that large LP group anymore so if you posted it there I didn't see it.

Wherever it was, you replied, hence me thinking it was me bothering you. Again, sorry.

Hi Mel, sorry just seeing your reply. You posted it on my actual personal FB wall, not the group. Since you are having so much trouble I am just going to send you the email exchange with StacyK. But I really do need those to go to my work email so this is a one time special favor, okay. Maybe you need to get another email address, one just for LP.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey guys I am bumping this. I know the sale is super exciting for everyone but I'm back to getting messages in the middle of the night every night. If you wouldn't normally PM me at 2:30 am then please don't PM me for an LP question. Yes, I have my phone on do not disturb then but I still see the message first thing when I get up in the morning. Which stresses me out until I answer it. It's also not fair to jump the line in front of all the other customers who have written me their questions the proper way, via my work email. So please just email any questions you might have to the lpfragrancescustomersrvc@ymail.com. If we are friends and usually communicate via PM on Facebook I am not talking about that. Thanks so much.

I used to have a customer who had no problem calling me in the middle of the night, even though I specifically told him, face to face, NOT TO. And, here's the kicker.....it had nothing to do with their taxes for the current year......it was "tax planning", future stuff that was not time sensitive. Finally, I told his wife that if she waned me to continue doing their paperwork, she needed to delete my number from his phone. Those of us who work from home HAVE TO set boundaries. And people need to understand that we have families as well......and, we need to sleep!

Some people just have no etiquette......no home training.

And like you say.....a business email is fine....it can wait until I am up and awake!

Edited by Dolly

Thanks Dolly. I understand why it happens. Lps are exciting. Sometimes you are thinking about them at 2:22 in the morning. Lol. I know it's easier to send me a PM then to go to the site and look up my long clunky work email address. Maybe that's what people need to do. Add my customer service email address to their contacts so that way it's easier. I get emails at all hours of the day and that's fine. I don't open my emails until I have time to answer them. Thanks for understanding. I feel badly even asking for this consideration because I truly do like helping people. But waking up everyday to multiple overnight messages is just too much.

I don't think I've ever done that to you. If I have. I'm sorry! I know what it's like also and it isn't fun.

Thanks Dolly. I understand why it happens. Lps are exciting. Sometimes you are thinking about them at 2:22 in the morning. Lol. I know it's easier to send me a PM then to go to the site and look up my long clunky work email address. Maybe that's what people need to do. Add my customer service email address to their contacts so that way it's easier. I get emails at all hours of the day and that's fine. I don't open my emails until I have time to answer them. Thanks for understanding. I feel badly even asking for this consideration because I truly do like helping people. But waking up everyday to multiple overnight messages is just too much.

That's a reasonable request. Long ago I saved both LP addresses in my contacts. It's been very handy.

I can relate to exactly what you mean by waking to all those messages. My stress level can zoom sky high in response to that. I don't think everyone has that, so it might be hard to relate to it.

I feel left out. I need to get on FB more and chat with everyone. After the sale :lol:

Okay I have a new email address so hopefully this will help make it easier for people to contact me with questions.

lpmpcs-heather@yahoo.com

short for LPMPCustomerService. So it should be easier to remember. Don't worry, if you send it to the old one I will still get it. This is just another option to make it easier for customers to reach me.

Thanks everybody!

Oh no Wendy emailing is never a problem. Emails are welcome any time night or day. It's messaging me on my personal Facebook page that's gotta cool off. You and I message but that's fine since you are not pinging me at 3:00am to ask me a question about your order or about the sale. Emailing at 3am to ask about your order or the sale is 100% fine.

IMO, FB messaging (or 'pinging' as I like to call it) isn't cool past a certain time unless it is urgent. I know I am mentally "programmed" to wake if I hear an alert in the middle of the night (with H.S. aged kids and an aging parent who still lives alone) if it's a GF or family member that needs me I'm perfectly fine with that... but if it's a business question (and LPMP qualifies here) that can wait til the AM when I've recharged my brain.

Halo (just like Mara & Le Wiz) is EXTREMELY accommodating (and patient beyond words). It's gotta be tough being on the "front line" of LPMP. Just a little "think before you text/message" courtesy is all that's needed here guys.

Guest cutie.pie

Oh Halo, I'm sorry if I sent you a FB message in a wrong time. Sometimes I forget about the time difference!