SUGARED LAYERABLES - THE LABELS

File this under, WHAT IN THE FLAMING HELL WAS I THINKING!, :lol: but I did it! All hundred and twenty-something Sugars are now complete. EVERYTHING is now ready to ship on demand...until the next group of suggestions gets ordered

And as John said today - "Now everyone has the tools to make their own PEs...LIVE THE DREAM!" :D

Remarkable effort on your part Mara...maybe the universe is giving you a much needed break In the form of a 'computer problem' (you'd keep relentlessly going otherwise). And everyone has the tools, but it takes the Sorcerer (& the Wizard) to make the magick. A daunting task I willingly confer to you.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly, no. For Totem Bunny I used cotton flower for the magic, but that does not actually smell like cotton, it has an orangey aroma. The cottontail evocation in that blend actually came from marshmallow, vanilla and musk.

Wow! Bunny IS awesome :w00t: It's amazing how notes that aren't cotton bring about a decidedly cotton memory!

File this under, WHAT IN THE FLAMING HELL WAS I THINKING!, :lol: but I did it! All hundred and twenty-something Sugars are now complete. EVERYTHING is now ready to ship on demand...until the next group of suggestions gets ordered, that is!

With my master computer out for rescue/repairs, I can't do any more lables for a few days, but will get back to exchanging the "generic" ones with more lovely people pictures as soon as I am able.

We are all really proud of these over here, they came out even better than expected. We love them and are having a great time with them - hoping you enjoy them as much as we do. We can't wait to hear about the creative combos everyone comes up with.

And as John said today - "Now everyone has the tools to make their own PEs...LIVE THE DREAM!" :D

The list itself was daunting enough, let alone making the potions AND the labels! I'm excited to "Live the dream!" though! :lol:

And everyone has the tools, but it takes the Sorcerer (& the Wizard) to make the magick. A daunting task I willingly confer to you.

This is similar to the thought that has helped me not to buy up every Sugared in sight. I see the Sugareds as being like a palette of beautiful new paints. No doubt those with the talent can use it to produce masterpieces, and given the mastery that has already gone into making the paints, it is no doubt far simpler to get good results than going at it alone from scratch, but just the same, I know my own limitations. Stick people ;) I'm really excited to read about everyone's creations though, I'm amazed at all the creativity with PEs so I know there are going to be some awesome ones!

does sugared woods have green notes?

Not really, no. What it has is a mixture of dry and wet woods though. Teak is a more "alive" smelling wood, while others have a dried cast. I skewed it autumnal, so it is predominantly dried but with some autumnal moisture, if you get what I mean? And I used a lightly spiced caramel to enhance the autumn evocation.

Mara, did the Sugared Cotton/Linen happen? I'm trying to put my order together, just wondering if I should figure that in.

Mara, did the Sugared Cotton/Linen happen? I'm trying to put my order together, just wondering if I should figure that in.

No one has ordered it yet so I didn't make it yet. I am happy to do so though! I will put it on the list on the first page but will hold off on making a label for any of the suggestions until they are formally requested.

Probably! I am currently going through the latest submissions and replacing "generic" labels with people. I only have a few spots left so send now! :)

My email: CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

I added half a dozen new labels today! Anyone notice???

:WTH:

I didn't know where else to put this so I just want to say, I've tried a dozen or so of these and NOT ONE OF THEM has been the demeter-esque thin linear simple gimmicky thing one would expect from the concept of such a huge # of "sugared fill-in-the-blank-with-a-single-word/idea" set. EVERY one of them - even the most straightforward one i've tried, apple - is a multidimensional full blown beauty in and of itself. Layering is for fun, not necessity. No idea how in the &^#@% you did this many in such a short time... it's like months and months worth of NRs.

Edited by tyvey

Thank you, Tyvey! :)

Well, the Sugars take about a half hour to brew. Regular perfumes take 4 hours to several days each, with breaks in between to rest the sniffer. And with these I did not have to plan what would be in them - which can take weeks per perfume. I knew....gather all my apples, pick my faves, balance how I want, sweeten and smooth to suit. It's a much faster process!

Also the labels! Rather than spending my usual 2 weeks per month going through thousands of photos, you guys did the work for me! You sent me the pix! That saved me literally weeks of time, and it's been a total blast working with all these beautiful faces. If it were possible, I'd be happy to feature customers on the labels every month. So much more fun than scouring stock photo libraries!

Ha! That's my late brother's golden doodle Charlie, having a wee kip on the hubbs, who was also asleep and didn't know I'd taken the picture!

I showed him yesterday and he just said "Oh no. Look at my huge belly!" Silly sausage.

Edited by Elliebellikins

EllieBk that is awesome... (although I hate the fact you lost your brother - I'm so sorry- but I'm glad Charlie is still with family!) Thank you for solving (one of) the Sugared Mysteries.

And OMG does he sound like a woman, critiquing his photo??? That is so funny. My husband does the same thing. I just look at him and tell him to get over himself. :huh: Tell him we're all drooling over the cute dog anyways so he need not worry (even though we all know this to be a falsehood)... that'll teach him to complain, lol.

He's from *across the pond* too?! That makes him WAY too adorable! Hang on tight Ellie! ;-) You too are *far* too cute together, I feel sure! And how lucky that Charlie is with you guys... :Emoticons10311:

File this under, WHAT IN THE FLAMING HELL WAS I THINKING!, :lol: but I did it! All hundred and twenty-something Sugars are now complete.

This made me spit my ice water.......

That is my theme song......"What was I thinking?!?!?!"

Has there been any discussion of a sugared SMOKE? The smoke in (swoon) allumette? I know we have the devastating Bonfire but without the marshmallow I'm thinking, like less gooey and more unisex?

Edited by tyvey