SUGARED LAYERABLES - THE LABELS

She's got artistry than spans a number of different genres

Yep, I keep telling her she's probably the most multi-talented person I know, and I know quite a few whose talents comprise several disciplines.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I had an idea for some notes that aren't part of the collection, but have a good chance of being divine:

vanilla pipe tobacco

tonka bean

I pass by a man who smokes that pipe, and it's like I want to follow him around for the smell alone.

and tonka - i had a praline with tonka bean, and that almond-vanilla-spice note it had projected me to some exotic eastern place. It would be amazing as a perfume note with so many things.

I think Mara may have already completed all the labels a few months back.

tonka - i had a praline with tonka bean, and that almond-vanilla-spice note it had projected me to some exotic eastern place. It would be amazing as a perfume note with so many things.

In that case you may want to try Tonka Musk.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/TonkaMusk/

I wouldn't say it's soapy/clean at all, but everyone has a different impression. It has a masculine aura to it, certainly, but it truly is meant to be a unisex scent. It's one of my favorites.

I wouldn't say it's soapy/clean at all, but everyone has a different impression. It has a masculine aura to it, certainly, but it truly is meant to be a unisex scent. It's one of my favorites.

I totally agree Luna. It is a great unisex blend, and for me anyway, very hard to describe as leaning distinctly one way or another (scent-wise, I mean). I have noticed, quite by accident, that I seem to really adore several of Mara's scents that have Tonka listed as a main component - including some of the men's scents - so I'm guessing that's one of those 'notes' that I'm drawn to (even though if you stuck a Tonka Bean under my nose I probably could never identify it as such). I don't know if a Sugared Tonka Bean is even something that's do-able, but it's definitely one of those things (like Bamboo) that I'd now get in a heartbeat because I'm sort of "connecting the dots" on what scents I (now) realize I love individually. Are we still campaigning for Sugared Boysenberry? I'd get on that bandwagon as well ;)

Guest cutie.pie

I was kinda broke when Sugareds were released, I think it was because the sale was then too, so I never got any of the Sugareds. But I'm going to atleast get Sugared Pears, just because my twins are on the label :)

Whilst requests are being tossed about, may I request Sugared Allspice and Sugared Bayberry? I promise to order enough to make it worth your while, Mistress of All Who Scents the World with Delisciousness. Was that a sufficient groveling? I can grovel much more, and with great conviction, honestly I can, Dearest Perfumerie Perfectionist. (Where's a groveling avitar when you need one?!)

I believe that if you order a Sugared and just write in the type you want. Mara will make it if she has the ingredients on hand. She actually blends them when they're ordered, not before.

Just popped in to see if anything came of the sugared bamboo and YUP! Nice! Adorable label too!

I've been gone for quite a while, unfortunately had a lot of bad things happen over the last 8 months or so; even been in the hospital for the last two months and will still be here for at least another month. :( It's good to see all the sugared scents and gorgeous labels! As soon as I get home and settled back in, I can't wait to be able to buy a set of sugareds. Definitely the ones with mine and my kids pictures on them! :) (sugared gardenias-me, sugared oranges-my step daughter, sugared watermelon-my daughter).

Edited by july_girl

Guest cutie.pie

I've been gone for quite a while, unfortunately had a lot of bad things happen over the last 8 months or so; even been in the hospital for the last two months and will still be here for at least another month. :( It's good to see all the sugared scents and gorgeous labels! As soon as I get home and settled back in, I can't wait to be able to buy a set of sugareds. Definitely the ones with mine and my kids pictures on them! :) (sugared gardenias-me, sugared oranges-my step daughter, sugared watermelon-my daughter).

I'm so sorry to hear this july girl :(

Sending you positive thoughts and healing vibes!

• 2 months later...

Oh sorry to hear that. Hope it all word out. The pics are adorable. :) Good vibes...

• 1 month later...

I wonder, is it possible to do Sugared Black Cherry? Something darker cherry fruit. Less on the candy side?

I wonder, is it possible to do Sugared Black Cherry? Something darker cherry fruit. Less on the candy side?

I asked about a Sugared Black Cherry once and (hopefully I remember correctly) Mara said it would be more of a single note without too much depth and complexity. Also, it has the potential to turn into a cough drop smell. She did say she could make it but didn't think it would turn into what I was expecting. I didn't think anyone else would want to take the chance and buy a bottle of perfume that could smell like cough drops. :)

Thanks Tink. Well cough drop was not what I was thinking. Maybe it has to be a PE? I've like some of the black cherry scents LP has done. It sounds like to create it it required other notes for counter balance.

I just realized I need to replenish my Sugared stash. I bought little btls of Grapefruit & Lavender. Mistake! they are both almost empty. I need the 1/3 size on these. My big btls of Apricot, Fudge and Pineapple are more than half gone. So those will be in need of replenishment soon.

What is everyone else running out of?

Edited by StacyK

I have "Cream" but I don't think I've opened that one yet. There are a few btls still sealed :lol:

I just really found the Grapefruit & Apricot can go with a lot. I like the lavender for relaxing but I used almost half of the little btl when I poured some into my Un B2 spray. I layer that with "New" at bedtime or whenever I really need to chill out in a big way. :)

Thanks Tink. Well cough drop was not what I was thinking. Maybe it has to be a PE? I've like some of the black cherry scents LP has done. It sounds like to create it it required other notes for counter balance.

I just realized I need to replenish my Sugared stash. I bought little btls of Grapefruit & Lavender. Mistake! they are both almost empty. I need the 1/3 size on these. My big btls of Apricot, Fudge and Pineapple are more than half gone. So those will be in need of replenishment soon.

What is everyone else running out of?

I still daydream about Sugared Black Cherry but yeah, if it actually smells like a cough drop then I'll pass. I think a PE is in order and I've been considering one for quite some time. Black Cherry is why I'm in love (obsessed) with Lusty Cherry too. :)

To answer your question about what sugared layerable I'm running out of, it's Sugared Coconut. I had the small one and there is a little left but I already bought myself a FB of it too. Sugared Cherries is running low as well.

Edited by tink333

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sitting here playing with my sugared scents, trying to come up with good combos. I'm struggling because I need a deeper note. I wonder if it's possible to create Sugared Black Resins and if so, would anyone else like it enough to buy it too.