Sultry Afternoon

Dolly

OK, my description of this scent......straight-up sexy. I am going to have to get a full bottle of this one, I think. I get the fruitiness, spice, sweetness, and musk....all at the same time.....WOW....I really like this one......I am going to try it out with my darlin' tonght, and see what he thinks.....

Edited by Dolly

• 2 weeks later...

This is the one I decided to wear today. In the vial, I smell fruits (must be the currant) and a touch of what is probably honey. On, at first it's oh-so-fruity.

Now after an hour, a touch of powdery musk has come forth, and the fruit has melded with a soft spiciness. It's fairly subtle on me, with a soft sexiness about it.

I like this one.

I was really unsure about this one... but somehow just kept coming back to it. I'd say to myself, "It doesn't sound like something I'd like," but I just kept adding it to my cart, no matter how many times I deleted it :) So I went with my subconscious mind. Lol, fine, I give up...

In the vial: Oh, it's so nice. I have no idea what currants smell like, but I'm getting that fruity bit, sweetened so perfectly and wrapped in a soft, downy bed of musk and the most subtle of spices...

On skin: The fruit is a bit more prominent now, but I can't separate it from the musks. It's blended excellently. Actually, a memory from my early childhood is niggling at my brain, I just can't place it right now :(

It's very clean on top, but there's something 'sultry' underneath... Like you just came out of the shower, and are already getting down and dirty with your sweetie ^^.gif

Ohh, I can feel the softness of the bed in this...

(ETA: It's the honey that feels like the bed. To my nose, the honey serves as a sort of anchor, like all the other scents are grounded in it.)

I just applied it a little while ago, but if I remember correctly, after several hours it turns to a sweet musk with a little kick of spice.

:love:

Edited by Spider Malt

Sultry Afternoon is well-behaved enough for the office (but then again I occasionally slather myself in PheroGirl for work, so take that for what it's worth!) but .... sultry.

Co-worker comments upon entering the BUILDING (not even my office!) "Wow something smells fabulous."

DH visited - said as he walked in "Hmmm...you smell nice today. I like that one!" I said - you can smell me all the way out there? He just shrugged and said he knew it had to be me.

After work I worked out, showered and applied another scent to try. When DH got home, he sniffed my proffered wrist obediently, and said it was nice, then said "But I really liked the one you were wearing earlier today." It's a hit.

Lovely throw (um...I do tend to be generous with application - if you don't like it, back up or leave the building) and lasted a full day and then some.

(but then again I occasionally slather myself in PheroGirl for work, so take that for what it's worth!)

Guilty as charged...what can I say, I loves me some honey!

• 4 weeks later...

I know I have to get a full bottle of this one.....I just keep on waffling on it, but it is very nice.....my darlin' said that he liked it, but that it isn't one of his favorites......Guess it goes to the full bottle list, anyways.....just for ME......

And, for the record, I'll wear PG at work or anywhere else that I want to smell yummy.....copulins or not......damn the torpedoes!

• 2 weeks later...

I like this alot. It starts out with a sweet currant note and then some honey type thing and clean. The currant works well with my skin as most do not! It's a miracle ; )

There is a "clean" note. It's not an in-your-face laundry detergent , almost a clean musk. There is a ~hint~ of spice. It's very mild and sexy.

I didn't think it had any throw. But after leaving a room and coming back a few minutes later, I noticed it's very subtle and lingered. I think it leaves a trail behind me.

I really like this but on myself it's pretty similar to Dirty Sexy and Sugared Honeycomb.

Sultry Afternoon also has a lot of staying power on me. I can put it on in the evening and still smell it the next morning. A usually wear a nice scent to bed, but not a lot last until morning. By the same token, applied in the morning, it lasts pretty much all day.

Sultry Afternoon sounds divine but unfortunately I smell labdanum in it so it's a no-go for me. I don't know if there actually *is* labdanum here, but I smell it anyway and it's one of those scents that I never got along with. Bah.

I periodically try it on to see if we'd get along, but no luck so far.

Edited by sorcerersviolet

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this has been one of my "bedtime scents" occassionally lately, and I really do enjoy it....my honey has said its ok, but that it "pinches his nose"......what that means, I have no clue.....oh well, I just wear it when he isn't around.....goodness knows I have enough that I can wear others when he IS around......

Sultry Afternoon just doesn't work for me. It starts out very soft and delicate and lovely, but within fifteen minutes it turns into, "HEY, I HAVEN'T WASHED MY UNDERWEAR IN THREE WEEKS." Gag.

Oh well, lots of other lovelies to compete for space on my skin.

Sultry Afternoon just doesn't work for me. It starts out very soft and delicate and lovely, but within fifteen minutes it turns into, "HEY, I HAVEN'T WASHED MY UNDERWEAR IN THREE WEEKS." Gag.

Oh well, lots of other lovelies to compete for space on my skin.

Glad it doesn't do that on me.....I'm wearing it now, as a matter of fact.....ANYBODY WANNA SMELL ME?????

• 4 weeks later...

Not that I'm implying you use this, but I had to laugh to read that there's a chemical component called Excitol, I believe, used in fragrance composition, which replicates the smell of sex: specifically certain male secretions. :D

Hmm.

I forget where I saw the study, but I once read that the strength and viability of a man's sperm increases if another man is present at the time of ejaculation. I wonder if a s"perm" scent could work in a similar way, to help increase chances of getting pregnant and/or the heartiness of a foetus created while one or bother partners were wearing it.

I just got my sample of this yesterday. Oh my, I seriously LOVE this scent. I did my Pilates last night, showered and was ready for bed and this scent was calling to me to wear it. Ahhh, my bed was heavenly!!! This scent is perfect for, gee I don't know, staying in bed. :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I tried this in the morning and i don't get currents, i get dandilions, dafodils and star fruit (not sure what it's correct name is), on it settles into a creamy freshness - a clean scent - not soapy and not quite linen, but fresh like laundry drying on the line in the sun. Later it develops into earthy flowers.

It is a nice scent - i don't get too much throw from it, i find it similar to music of the spheres and i'd get that first but this would be a nice back up.

• 10 months later...

Wow, this one really does make me want to curl up in a warm cozy bed with the sunlight streaming in the windows and just enjoy the guilty pleasure of an afternoon nap. It's a delicious melange of juicy honeyed berries--definitely recognize currant from the blackcurrant jam and tea i had in London--deepened with rich golden amber and sexified with musk. It's like a soft mattress just beckoning and sun-warmed sheets brushing against bare skin...this is definitely going to give me sweet dreams.

:kyrii_blue_sleep:

This reminds me of Love at First Bite in terms of the bright red currant atop a layering of notes which have a soft lush quality to them. I really love the currant varieties in the LP library, they're so versatile. I don't really get a sense of the spice too much, this is really a sexy blending of fruit and honey and musk on me.

Edited by luna65

• 9 months later...

This is one of the sale Items I got... Soooo sexy! Sultry is the perfect name for this scent, I feel all kinds of lush and warm wearing it. Mmmmm Yummy!

On me it starts out sweet and juicey but as it warms to my skin it gets so much richer, honey and musk. I am going to enjoy testing this on some poor unsuspecting guy! LOL

• 9 months later...

Delicious and sexy, kind of a tangy honeyed musk. I can't stop huffing this one, though somehow it feels apropriate only for evening.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, this has been one of my "bedtime scents" occassionally lately, and I really do enjoy it....my honey has said its ok, but that it "pinches his nose"......what that means, I have no clue.....oh well, I just wear it when he isn't around.....goodness knows I have enough that I can wear others when he IS around......

After reading that you used this a bedtime scent, I grabbed up a bottle on the trade boards, so excited to try it out...