Sugared Amber

Beccah

AD1-SugAmber.jpg

Sugared Amber

* Only the most luscious fabulous ambers in my collection made the cut for this sensuous blend. EOs and attars from all over the planet, gently sweetened with sugars of all kinds, making for a perfectly balanced amber syrup.

Fertility, Love, Luck & Riches.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't too sure where to post about this one, there's already another thread for it but I did order it after the release of the rest of the layerables with its beautiful new label. Sugared Amber is exactly the sweet, rich amber I always wished other amber scents would be. Once I sprayed a tester of a commercial amber-based perfume on my wrist in the store and after a while walking around, I got a teasing hint of something like Sugared Amber- that rich, syrupy sweetness that almost smells spicy. I loved that hint so much I ended up buying the bottle, only to never have it happen again :Emoticons04284: I was never sure if some other scent had mixed with it on my wrist producing the illusion, if it was a fluke with my body chemistry on that day or if the bottle I bought had been reformulated since the tester. Who knows? But this is exactly what I had been hoping for. I wish I could go back in time to warn myself to save my money for the good stuff, now that I know what that is!

• 1 month later...

Mmmm, Sugared Amber, how I love thee! I had ordered this one basically out of curiosity to see if amber was a note I have issues with. Oh, I have an issue alright, I am smitten with this scent! I am extremely pleased with all of the Sugareds I ordered, but this one is my favorite.

Wet, it's almost a honey-caramel scent, rich and gooey, with just a *hint* of something deeper in the background, but it never amps and takes over the scent. In the dry-down, the sweet dies down a bit, but to my nose, it smells like "sexy caramel", a little spicy, and just awesome. LOVE!!

• 1 year later...

This one is made for layering; it's positively divine with Sugared Vanilla and with Sugared Honeycomb. Worn alone, there's a hint of fruit early on, but it soon fades, giving way to something a little spicy, a little syrupy. I wish I could describe it better, because to my mind it's one of the most useful and versatile scents in my Sugared collection. It goes with just about anything. It wears fairly close to the skin, but has incredible longevity, lasting 12 hours or more. If you're a little iffy about resins but want to dip your toe into the pool, Sugared Amber is a great place to start.

Edited by Patchjulie

• 9 months later...

I wore this a couple of days ago and this is the type of amber I'm looking for. This particular amber is sweet and spicy with an emphasis on the caramel sugar. It's that syrupy quality that is rich and warm. It's long lasting (for me, it lasted half the day) and wears close to the skin. This is perfect for everyday wear. Next time, I'll order the larger bottle (10 ml).

• 1 year later...

I need this! Is this something I can currently get in my next order or am I doomed to hunt? I'm also curious if anything with heavy amber as the main note comes to mind for anyone.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Silly question... But would this have the same similar magickal properties like Ambre Amour? (AA works like a love attracting spell potion for me, I’m wondering if this would do the same?)

4 minutes ago, bruja said:

Silly question... But would this have the same similar magickal properties like Ambre Amour? (AA works like a love attracting spell potion for me, I’m wondering if this would do the same?)

Here are two links that detail the magical properties of different ingredients so you can compare the two perfumes. :)

https://luvpotionperfume.com/post/144643026327/magickal-ingredient-lore-a-l

https://luvpotionperfume.com/post/144656820841/magickal-ingredient-lore-m-z

6 minutes ago, bruja said:

Thank you for the links :) I do know that both have/are Amber... However, Mara gives her spell potions that *special something*... ;)

That's true!  I have, and like, Sugared Amber but haven't tried Ambre Amour, so I don't know if the effects are different. 

7 hours ago, bruja said:

Since Sugared Amber wasn't brewed specifically for intent it wouldn't be exactly the same.

• 1 year later...

I've had this one since last year and I figured I would experiment more with this because I haven't really used it much. Yesterday I layered it with Sugared Honeycomb and it smelled amazing! Today I layered under LP Pink and Homme and it kind of mellows them both out. The grounding of the amber plus the sweetness of the sugars it's just a great one to have. I also layered it under LP Black and that smelled beautiful as well.