Music of the Spheres

Dolly

Can you all tell that I am annointing every available sniffing point today?

Music of the Spheres is very unusual and very intriguing. I cannot pick out much in the way of individual notes, but it is almost as if I can detect the notes of air, water, earth, and woods....It is a very smooth, pleasing scent. Not sharp notes, but round, and they meld well together.....that is about all I can say about it......I think this could be easily worn by a man or a woman, regardless f your particular scent preferences.....

Music of the Spheres gives me the urge to get back into meditating. I can't distinguish between one scent or the other. They all seem to flow together...like beautiful music. I still have a whole bottle of the Chakra balancing potion and I think it'll go nicely with this. I'm going to try a combo.

Music of the Spheres

In vial: like rich damp earth, mossy trees, ancient incense and a hint of air.

On skin: ooh, this is really intriguing. I smell moss, patchouli, and is that geranium? This is very earthy for now, makes me think of forests and trees…and then I smell notes of damp stone and wood, and then resins and incense, and then amber, and something floral? Then I smell all the elements at once-earth and also a clear cool watery note, and freshness, and smoke…this really is elemental in the best sense of the word. This is morphing so fast, I’ve never had a scent morph within the first minute of wear in such a complex way! It feels like the moss notes and earthy patchouli-like notes are being dragged and propelled into something more golden and sweet and resinous…wait a minute, is that spikenard? Yes, I think that’s it! I knew there was something familiar in here I couldn’t put my finger on but now I think that is spikenard. That’s what makes this smell earthy and mossy and musky at once. I could be wrong, but it seems that way to me. Now the scent has moved from it’s earthy origins to something brighter, lighter, more ‘perfumed’, a bit powdery and also sweet. It still retains the moss and dirt from before but now they have been uplifted and united with notes reminiscent of antique perfumes, like ambers and musks and aged flower oils, mingling with sacred resins and incense notes. Now the scent is golden, a soft incense, almost ashy at times, and with a soft white musk background-the scent is feathery and ethereal now, and the drydown is a soft musky pale powder, mossy and gentle. It’s magical, very mysterious and yet so refined and harmonious-nothing clashes. The way the scent moved from earthy to almost celestial evokes that famous phrase ‘as above so below’ in a fragrant form. A unique, unusual, complex and magnificent scent, it really is music to my nose! I think I need a bottle asap!

Music of the Spheres

I think I need a bottle asap!

I even think I need a bottle ! I wish I had the 'nose' most have here :( .

liz

Very good description of whats happening with this potion. I was try to put it into words but was having trouble. After about an hour it smells really sweet on. I may have to get a large bottle of this too.

I always love reading your reviews, whiskers!

• 6 months later...

This scent is great - I agree with all previous posts - the artwork hits it on the head, it's like you are in the picture - fresh wildflowers and spring and so many other scents.

Definitely a big bottle purchase because i love it, love it ^_^:P

The scent lasted all day with no refreshing and in the cold weather reminded of good sunny days picnics

• 2 weeks later...

This one is wonderfully complex. I can smell some sort of mint underneath it all. I love the spikenard! It starts out dark and woodsy with some thick green, and then it dries down to a beautifully sweet silken gold (if I could describe it as a color, it would be a deep golden amber). It is soft with a hint of powder, but even that is very subtle.

It makes me think of a day in a forest. The morning starts out dark, cool and crisp with a light fog brushing the ground. As the sun rises and warms the air, the sweet smells of the forest start to come alive and intermingle. By mid-day, the shadows are gone and the sweet smells tease the senses. As the day winds down and the sun sets into the distance, the sky turns a deep golden color and the sweet smells start to dissipate as the fog starts to settle in for the night.