Sugared Apricot

Beccah

AD1-SugApricot.jpg

Sugared Apricots

* A mixture of both syrupy and fresh apricot varieties make for the best "single" note - blended with my sugar blend, an accent on the pinky sugars for this delicious brew.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.

• 4 weeks later...
First of all, let me preface by saying that I adore apricot and just about anything with it -- total no brainer. Mara, you must have been reading my mind!

In the bottle it's light and bright with a tiny bit of tartness -- not too sharp with just enough sweetness (not sickly so or candy-like). Pure happiness in a bottle! It smells like a real, fresh, very ripe apricot almost going into white nectarine land. On my skin and dry, its a very subtle light apricot fragrance. Delightful!

It will work very well to tone down a bit of the sweetness of something else. But, because it is a light fragrance you'd only want to use a swipe of something heavier to allow the Sugared Apricots to be more prominent. Otherwise, it might get lost (like with Buttercream Peach).

Mind you, I'm using a spray. However, I'm going to be ordering a roll-on as well, as there are soooo many things this will go well with. I'm already planning the long list of LP scents (LP O, Occo O, Flutterby, etc.) and sugareds (Grapefruit, Pink Musk, Orchid, Coconut, Chocolate, etc.) I'm going to be layering this with. The combinations are fun and endless!

It's my opinion that Mara has the best apricot accords on the planet, much less artisan fragrance, and it's why I even have an apricot-based PE (Sungold Cacao), as well as enjoying apricot in many of the LP variants for years now. What I love about this version of Sugared Apricot is it's so complex: it's bright, rich, jammy, juicy and I even sense a bit of the skin - like biting into a perfectly ripe apricot and having that experience entire. Yet another happiness-inducing fruit fantasy courtesy of Our Resident Genius. :wub:

I freakin LURRRVE the old Sugared Apricot, so I'm sure I'm gonna lap this one right on up. I agree with Luna that Maras Apricots are the worlds best. You can smell the Fuzz and feel the texture of ripeness...its sooo real!

Good combo to try: Sugared Apricots with Sugared Cream. Mmmmmm!

• 3 weeks later...

This is so yummy. Heavier than the Pineapple, this is a sweet, syrupy Apricot. I tried it with the Pineapple they have this slight contrast, one (Pineapple) sheer'ish one (Apricot) dense.

This is also amazing with LP O, one combo I've been waiting to try, a definite ZOMG!

Or layer it with Sugared Chocolate Fudge, dark chocolate dipped Apricot! It holds up to the SCF well, being a heavier fruit scent. :)

I can see layering this with quite a few scents.

I'm lucky enough to have a full bottle of the original brew, still pristine and wonderful, and this was an especially strong formulation, so only the tiniest bit is needed. I'm sure my bottle is a lifetime supply.

I love my Sugared Apricot! One of my favorite LPs is LP White..the latest brew of it seems to be a little more heavy on the patchouli (either that or I am amping the patchouli more lately)...I like the patchouli in the Lps, but what I love most about LP White is the apricot...I have been applying a little sugared apricot with the LP White and it smells so delish!! I am excited about layering it with more love potions!! On me, sugared apricot is juicy ripe and a little syrupy sweet...I love it!! :)

^^^Ohhh, that's a great idea, Birkeys. I've tried Sugared Apricots with Flutterby and it's really gorgeous. Same thing goes with the musks, as well as the citrus scents. Mine is a spray and I enjoy just wearing it alone, too! Finally ordered my first bottle of LP O so that I could wear them together!

*waves at JudyO!*

I ADORE THIS. Oh my stars and garters this is beautiful. I love it in the spray, and now I need it in the oil too. It is an amazing total Apricot. For me, it's sweet enough that it leans toward homemade apricot jam with the skins left in. The skins give it a little bite. I now completely understand why people have been swooning about Mara's Apricots for so long. ~Oooh. Did I say that out loud?~ *gigglesnort*

:burning-heart:

This is so juicy, much heavier than many of the other Sugareds I've tried.

I LOVE this with LP O. Yesterday I wore this with ...BTN. It really paired nicely.

I lightly scented my Un LFN spray with it, takes the edge of that phero smell.

Edited by StacyK

Apricot and coconut! That sounds amazing. *adds to mental list*

Finally tried this. I don't like real apricots ... I like the flavor, but the skin is offputting, I don't like their texture (fresh or dried) and there's often a little bit of something sort of ... dusty? musty? about the scent. Well, wet, this is what apricots WISH they were: bright, sunshiny, sweet, rich, dense, sparkling, just tart enough, just sweet enough, piercing intense flavor. Huge bodied with great throw. After it dries it has a little of that musty thing that I don't love, hard to describe - it comes off to me as a bit gray. But that's being extremely true to the real fruit. I will definitely try this with something coconut next...

Edited by tyvey

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So damn feminine!
I never imagined a *fruit* note would be such a femme-scent all on its own.
I usually have a bit of an aversion to fruit notes as a perfume, I get the image of cheap shampoo trying to smell fancy.

Well, not here. Oh no. This is done right. So much so that I layered it with Phero Girl to get that satisfactory honey and pollen note.
When I wore PG solo yesterday it got a bit of a baby powder-ish aspect instead of pollen, so I want to keep it on the lush juicy pollen side.
I think Apricot does the trick.
My poor co-worker, I'm off to work wearing this combination... with a backup sample of PG in my pocket.
I think I'll drive him nuts. :smiley-angelic008:

...Not that he'd mind. ;)

Edited by reincarnated

• 4 weeks later...

This is hands down my favorite Sugared scent thus far and I've tried quite a few now. I am absolutely in love with it! It's what I was hoping peaches would of been for me but unfortunately peaches turned VERY floral on me.

To me Sugared Apricot is slightly tart/tangy, fruity, bright, sweet and floral. It's a grown up fruity scent in my opinion w/o losing itself in other distracting notes. I pairs good with most everything foodie, floral, clean... I use it to sweeten or tang up alot of scents. I bought 2 bottles and carry one with me at all times!

I agree with Reincarnated this is amaze balls with Phero Girl which also happens to be a favorite of mine. If I had two pick just two LP scents to wear forever it would be those two!

I'm so glad I stumbled upon these gems. ♡

• 1 year later...

Had to grab that last full bottle.

This became my sweet fruity staple.

The layering possibilities are endless.

It's EOW covering power is unmatched. I love it with ALL of the LP Line & Variants. Add it to LP Black to soften it up a bit. Added to LP Red it reminds me of Red Lace. It's the fruit that loves to complement darker, resinous scents.

Its delightful with the feminine Sugared Florals. Just like sweet juicy apricots. A little gies a long way ?

Edited by StacyK