Sugared Bonfire

Beccah

AD1-SugBonfire.jpg

Sugared Bonfire

* Sweet gooey vanilla marshmallow and woodsmoke blended with sugars, an all-time customer fave. Remember, this one must be shaken!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I have been waiting seven years (technically it will be seven years in October) to have a bottle of this.

*cries with joy*

Such wait, much squee.

I'll do a comparison later but this version morphs very fast on me. The marshmallow is really sweet at first (after shaking like a mofo, of course) and then within scant minutes the woodsmoke emerges, with an undertone of caramelized sugar It seems to me different from the burnt sugar aura of Fade To Black, just for the sake of comparison. It reminds me of Flambe just a bit, but it really does have that campfire mood to it. I could see layering this with S'more Than a Feeling or Apparition, for example, just for extra oomph. There's a kind of tang to it, like you get when you're right by the fire as the wood is burning. It turns mellow and clings in the drydown but even very soft I like it. Officially a Fall Favorite!

In conclusion: Yay!

• 2 weeks later...

In comparison with the original, I think this version has more of an emphasis on the "roasting marshmallows" type of bonfire experience, which I really enjoy, the combo of the marshmallow and the smoke. The original was more like charred wood and sugar, not so much the smokiness which went along with that. I'm looking forward to layering this with Sugared Milk Chocolate to see if it gives me a s'mores vibe, hee!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness! this simple sugared has produced the strongest scent memory I have ever had. EVER!!! One sniff of this, and I was physically transported to a February night in 2003 when we had a birthday party for my college roommate out in a pasture with a bonfire. I mean, I was right there. I was so taken aback, I had to grab the kitchen counter. The smoke is the dominant note for me. In fact, it's all I get at first. It takes a solid half hour before the marshmallow begins to peek out. As the marshmallow gets stronger, the whole scent softens and smooths out into a deliciously warm and cozy scent. I will love this for the fall and winter.

I had this over in the 2007 Sugared Bonfire thread- copied it here ;)

This review is for the Sugared Bonfire 2014:

Ok, this scent has immediately shot up to my Top 5. This smells like my childhood, it smells like "home". I live in a lake town in Arizona. We have bonfires in our backyards, bonfires by the lake, bonfires in the desert etc... Year round even, on hot summer nights, chilly fall evenings and cold winter days. (Our winter days only get to about 50 degrees) This scent reminds me of plenty of memories past and present day.

It starts off very melty marshmallow, almost caramel like. But the sweetness fades and there's this outdoorsy type of smell- like leaves, air and smoke that is just amazing. You know when catch your marshmallow on fire and it turns all blackened? I get that too.

I can't believe how Mara bottled up a bonfire! Although it's still sugared enough, to where you don't smell like smoke only.

I need this to be permanent - or I'll be hoarding this like craaazy!

I keep catching whiffs of myself, and it reminds me of the sun setting and the bonfires being lit up. Like how it always smells outside on a evening by the lake.

Mara - I'm in love with this!

I was really looking forward to this one but I don't think it works for me. I get a very sweet marshmallow, too sweet for me. It also goes plasticky on my skin. I don't get any of the bonfire part until long after dry down. Hopefully it is just going through travel shock. I will set it aside and try again later!

LUV LUV LUV this one and have since the original, I layer it almost over EVERYTHING !!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh YES! *SWOONS* This is FANTASTIC! Vanilla marshmallow amazing in a bottle! Sticky sweet delicious...Scent memories drop me next to a fire with a sticky gooey center from a perfectly burnt marshmallow sticking to my fingers after prying it from my stick. Sweet vanilla, gooey marshmallow...this has GOT to be one of my MOST favorite smells in the WORLD. WILL roll in this like cat nip. WORD.

*Waves at JudyO wherever you are!* ;)

I am loving this one, too--a LOT! I was afraid I would amp the smoke, but I don't!

I'm getting roasted marshmallows, nice and brown and burnt at the spot that was closest to the coals because the marshmallow kept *twirling* and it caught on fire and I blew it out. Then there's the scent of firewood smoke, and it hits me as soft wood because we wanted to make and use the fire quickly, so we grabbed some pine and boy, did it work well. And the scent is sweeter at first, because I've got melted marshmallow all over my face and fingers...but as I lick myself clean, I get more woodsmoke and *burnt* sugar, because that's what's still on my skewer, stuck to my fingernails, and in my hair.

Holy shit. What is it about this one that makes all of us drop into a different and wonderful part of our realities?!??

Mara, this one kicks serious ass. You nailed it.

:burning-heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 weeks later...

This is divinely nommy! On me it's a very pink sweet scent, particularly for the first half hour. It's like a gooey, melting roasted raspberry marshmallow, with a ghostly hint of smoke. At first the smoke is almost undetectable, then it slowly makes its presence known more, but never takes over. I can smell the smokiness much more strongly when I sniff near to my skin. It's a warm, uplifting scent that seems to have a stronger presence than the other sugared layerables I've tried so far. I suspect ageing will make this one unbearably delectable.

Edit: Just read the scent description- where on earth is that pink raspberry marshmallow coming from if it's vanilla? Very mysterious...

Edited by vladmyra

Edit: Just read the scent description- where on earth is that pink raspberry marshmallow coming from if it's vanilla? Very mysterious...

Hahaha! I was wondering the same thing! How fantastic! A RASPBERRY marshmallow campfire delight - how delicious! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently wearing Sugared Bonfire with a slightly smaller amount of Sugared Birthday Cake. At this point, about an hour in, it smells like a softer, pink-toned version of Flying Potion 2013 on me. FP 2013 is much stronger and to me has a grey lavender tone to it, but the resemblance is uncanny despite the differences.

WOW really? I find that intriguing! FP doesn't remind me anything of SBF but I have it and SBC so I'll have to see what my chemistry makes of the 2 of them together...either way it'll be a win/win situation with those 2 great confections!

Yes Nutrix, I was also surprised by the mysterious metamorphosis when the scents melded together. Later on I even got a soft hint of the liquorice-y note in FP as well. I think the magic happened because of the way the smoke element combined with all the other notes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I received a small little sample of this (thanks Chelle8422!) and I'm just trying it now. I've already decided I will be buying a FB of this with my next purchase. It is ridiculous. So amazing. I get the soft gooey marshmallow which is one of my favorite scents ever. I also get the smokey scent but I get this hint of spiciness in the smoke. It's so beautiful and somewhat mysterious. I cannot figure out the spice scent(s) or if I'm just imagining them. I immediately want to combine this with Sugared Amber but there are so many possibilities with this one. ❤❤❤ Perfect scent. And maybe I need two FB now.

ETA: I think the "spiciness" I thought I was smelling is a layer of the smoke. It's developed into this soft, barely there scent of a smokey sweet, but not too sweet, scent.

Edited by tink333

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to snag a bottle in the trades. (Thanks!), and must say this is a fun little scent. The sniff I had prior was shaken and worn on a cooler day. This time, I wore it during 93°Friday summer heat and high humidity. We went to a festival with loads of wonderful food and an insane number of attendees. I was sweating like a pig, (Gross), but every time I reached up to swipe my face I kept thinking,"Where are the Deep-fried Twinkies? I smell them. I just can't find them!" Then I realised, I was smelling my arm (DOH!), and WOW it was great! We were at the festival for about three hours. When we got back to the car I could detect the smokey undertones. The marshmallow was still going strong. Warm, gooey and a wispy hint of smoke. Luscious!

Edited by Wanderlust

• 1 year later...

This is sweet and smoky with some gooey marshmallows. It somehow smells a little bit spicy. It wears close to the skin. For me, the smoke comes out the most in the beginning.