Sugared Grapefruit

Beccah

AD5-SugGrapefruit2.jpg

Sugared Grapefruit

* Perfect! A blend of Ruby Red, Pink and White Grapefruit varieties, softened with multiple sugars. Tart and beautiful. You know what they say Ladies...6-8 years younger!

• GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of "sparkle" to the wearer.
  • SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

• 3 weeks later...

So delicious!!!! A very very true ruby red grapefruit on me, very sweet but does not come off as candied to me; true wet ripe gushing grapefruit, but with no sourness. It immediately made my face smile hugely and make honh honh honh sounds. Sunshine in a bottle. Will greatly enjoy slathering this often, esp in the winter as a mood lifter. Eta I feel no need to layer this with anything - it feels quite complete on its own.

Edited by tyvey

• 2 weeks later...

Bursting with flavor! This smells just like the fully ripe organic pink grapefruit I had last week. It was delicious at the peak of perfection, with just a touch of tartness to balance out the sweetness. I'm getting so hungry thinking about it that I will probably go out to the store to pick up a few more of those pink grapefruits!

Personally, I'm a citrus ho with a very big weakness for grapefruit, so getting a spray was a no-brainer for me. In fact, it's so good that I can use it allll by itself (phero-free?!!) and get a lift from it! Imagine that!

Thanks so much Mara for such a wonderful creation!

In fact, it's so good that I can use it allll by itself (phero-free?!!) and get a lift from it! Imagine that!

Because citrus oils are used in aromatherapy for encouraging a positive attitude. :)

• 4 weeks later...

LOVE! DING!DING!DING! I swear someone just sat the most delicious, juiciest, shiniest, dripping red grapefruit halves in front of my nose! They are so fresh I can FEEL them spritz my face as I dig in my spoon! I want to be COATED in this fragrance! It reminds me of warm summer and sunshine - LOVE!

I love citrus notes in general, but especially lemon and grapefruit - they are such mood-lifters for me. Everything I love about Mara's use of grapefruit in LPs is contained in Sugared Grapefruit but also it makes me appreciate how delicate a note it is all on its own. The juicy sweet tangy quality leaps right out in the wet stage, but it fades pretty quickly to a soft tart whisper. And that's okay, it makes me ponder what to layer it with to extend its inherent sunshine-yness.

:Dancing_Grapefruit:

I'm going to be pulling out Glamour Puss for today and I think they will LOVE each other!!! But I could happily wear this all on it's own and be completely happy - this will likely be a re-purchase in a spray so that I can FOG appropriately :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'be tried this one a few times and each time it goes on bright and a little sharp but then within an hour or two it completely disappears. I'm so bummed! I'll have to maybe make a spray out of this or something.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the first of the Sugared line I purchased. I chose it because I love the grapefruit note in Cougar Potion so much. If I close my eyes and inhale, it smells just like a perfectly ripe ruby red grapefruit. Absolute heaven, and gives me such a lift.

The scent actually lasts longer than I expected, too, a couple hours at least. When it does fade the sugar leaves my skin smelling warm and sweet, like sitting in the summer sun with a light breeze caressing my skin.

This one is so accurate it's ridiculous! It smells EXACTLY like the juiciest, freshest most delicious grapefruit, so much so my mouth started watering when I put it on!

Interestingly as the day went on, it morphed into something darker and almost spicy in its sweetness. Definitely am going to need more of this! Possibly a spray, as others have mentioned.

• 1 month later...

I love this one. So sparkly, juicy and fresh! Definitely a "makes me feel young" scent. I use it by itself and to amp up Cougar. I got compliments on it already.

I did try it with Sugared Pink Musk but that combo did not work too well.

I also found that it works well with Bridezilla.

• 3 months later...

This is like standing in the sun and eating a grapefruit. REALLY. I snoof it and am at the little school here on the mountain, a little while back, and the kids are sharing some ruby grapefruit with me outside before art class. WOW. Perfect, uplifting, beautiful grapefruit. LOVE!

Oh and I forgot to add: on long drydown, the overt grapefruit burns off, and I'm left with this subtle, creamy-sweet, slight breath of citrus skin scent. Gorgeous and...well, kinda sophisticated! :)

:burning-heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

This is so pretty & refreshing. I feel energized, 10+ years at least! It's brightening, in the dark I feel like I'm glowing. It's pink sunshine + the fountain of youth. It pairs well with so many scents but has the power to stand on it's own.

It's fab with LP pink, LP O, sugared cocoa butter, & OCCo white.

• 1 month later...

I got my two 1/3rd oz bottles, so glad I purchased those unsniffed! Anyway, today I went ahead & converted one to a spray. I spilled some :( I'm glad that if a spill had to happen, it happened with Sugared Grapefruit. I'm still on scent overload, but the scent is light enough that I haven't been hit with a headache or nausea on top of losing some of the precious, lol. So until the spill Sugared Grapefruit was fast becoming my favorite, & though I think we shall go on a break for a few days, I'm still in love. This is the ultimate grapefruit scent, the holy grail of citrus that I've been searching for ever since I got into the habit of leaving my pomelo / grapefruit / orange peels on the counter to enjoy the last bit of their essential oils as they dried.

Edited by Beccah

It is versatile, Dolphin Dolls. Idk, if you're in the same camp as me, but I've always had the habit of adding a citrus based scent to my candy type scents to keep them from becoming too cloying. I love super sweet scents, but they have to have the citrus zing to brighten them up, otherwise the sweetness gets too heavy & cloying for my liking. Love, love, love that Sugared Grapefruit is back & I've got the perfect one note scent to do this with now.

Edited by Beccah

I would never have guessed I would like a grapefruit fragrance - to wear. I like the fruit well enough :D But CP won me over for starters and then I HAD to try the sugared grapefruit. I'm going to have to try it with the Pink Musk, that sounds like a great combo!

• 8 months later...

Besides being the scent equivalent of Photoshop, Sugared Grapefruit is fantastic at lifting your spirits. Nothing like a spritz of liquid sunshine to boost your mood.

Edited by Beccah

This is beautiful. It's defiantly big bottle worthy. This is one I went FB on right off and I have about 1/4 bottle left. Just saying.

Maybe I misunderstood, Beccah; I thought only the several listed on the Permanent page were permanent and the other Sugared scents were limited editions.

It's a little bit hard to find, it's kind of buried in the Perfumerie listings. So I'm posting the link to the order page here: http://lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/SugaredLayerables/

They're definitely permanent, but you could always order a PE even if they weren't. That's actually the origin story of the PE option, as a way to just whip up what people were ordering instead of having 60+ separate listings.

Maybe I misunderstood, Beccah; I thought only the several listed on the Permanent page were permanent and the other Sugared scents were limited editions.

The Sugared and FC scents are all permanent.

Here is what Mara said about the sale..

".., our core permanent sugars are not on there. Amber, Patch, Frank & Myrrh, Honey, and Pure Sugar. Even tho Sug Roses is part of that group I put a small number on there. More than 100 others to choose from though!"

Here's the link to that sales thread ..

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=10954&do=findComment&comment=434648

It a very good deal. If you are new to them it's a cost effective way to try a few. If you already have favorites, buy 2 bottles. It's like getting $5 off a 1/3 oz bottle.

If you look at the listing you see how many of each are left.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh and I forgot to add: on long drydown, the overt grapefruit burns off, and I'm left with this subtle, creamy-sweet, slight breath of citrus skin scent. Gorgeous and...well, kinda sophisticated! :)

This is a great way to describe how it progresses. So glad I finally got to try this! It made me smile when I sniffed this on myself and it just lifted my mood with its juicy brightness. MMMM!!! :Emoticons0086:

Edited by Witty Kitty

This really is a great scent. Fresh, citrusy, bright grapefruit! Smells exactly like the grapefruit note in Cougar. Would be great to refresh Cougar once the grapefruit starts to die down. I think I'll really enjoy this this summer!

• 1 year later...

This scent truly hit my citrus sweet spot! If you are looking for a picker-upper during winter or year-round then this a fantastic option. It's very bright on me and has an incredible staying power. I paired this with Sugared Amber (must have) to create a sexy night on the beach spin. I could literally bathe in this scent.