Sugared Iris

Beccah

AD1-SugIris.jpg

Sugared Iris

* Mmmm, Iris works so well when candied with pink sugars - it smells like a yummy mixture of pink and purple. Lovely! Sweet iris blossoms blended with a couple of kinds of pink, a dash of white, and a smidge of caramelized sugar.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • IRIS ~ Frienship, faith, wisdom, valor and promise; purification, resurrection.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Anyone else have a word on this? I love the powdery quality iris has in many vintages, but I'd like to hear a little more about this one. Does it stay fairly well? it sounds lovely! And look at that beautiful lady on the label! :D

• 1 month later...

So hey, I bought this cause it really piques my interest when something is sort of a 'rarity'. Iris is such an essential note in so very MANY classic perfumes. It is what gives the 'powdery' quality to perfumes that your moms and grandma's wore;like Shalimar,L'Heure Bleu,Samsara,Chanel 5, Miss Dior,and the list goes on and on. It's important to note that oakmoss lends a powdery air too, but Iris is more 'ghostly' and cooler where oakmoss is a bit warmer and green. Both are often found in chypres, but oakmoss is essential to them.

Anyways, this is a delightful variant on Iris! I'm surprised it isn't more popular! If I had to compare it to a different flower, I would say it's similar to violet. Its sweet, powdery and has that whole 'vintage makeup' lipstick or compact kind of vibe. It's quite girly here with the pink sugar, which sweetens it up and takes it out of gender neutral territory as well as giving it that famous LP sugar 'sparkle' that we've all come to know and love. :)

I'd say if you enjoy vintage scents, sweet old fashioned flowers, innocent things from a bygone time, violets, or even just girly twirly types of scents, give this a try. I don't mean to make it sound so old that it can't still be enjoyed. Luten's Silver Iris is a modern masterpiece and the pink sugar here brings my beloved Iris right into 2015! But it still has that old school charm about it, captures your heart, it's lovely!

I've had it on about three hours now and it's still going strong, so for one of these sugareds, I'd say it has pretty good staying power and nice sillage too! Give Iris a try, I think many here will really enjoy it! :)

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 4 weeks later...

^^ Wow Cheesey thanks for the info. I wish you could try Nyrees Passionate PE. You'd love it.

Mara, Luna or Halo...

Can you tell me if the Iris in this is the same as the Iris in Nyrees Passionate?

I'd really love to know, if yes I need a big bottle of this. :)

Edited by StacyK

Only Mara could say for sure. I have never smelled either one so I have no idea.

Oh man is that PE amazing. It's stays very close to the skin and it's super soft. The Iris is velvety soft and gentle. It's not a HELLO! I'm a FLORAL kind of note.

May need to try a small bottle.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had to pop in to say I wore this last night layered with Sweet Pea Fairy cake and not only was the combo incredible, but the Iris lasted until this morning! Powerful stuff!