Sugared Lemons

Beccah

AD1-SugLemons.jpg

Sugared Lemons

* Tart, bright and mouthwatering, multiple lemon varieties combined with my blend of five sugars. A blast from the past for we who loved lemons baby soft when we were kids.

• 5 weeks later...

I was a fan of the original Sugared Lemons - which I liked to layer with the Sugared Iced Tea - but there was something perfume-y about it which is what reminded me of Love's Baby Soft Lemon (and that was Mara's intention) whereas the new version is tangy, bright and slightly sweet, juicy and sunny, just perfect. Not too tart, not too candied. I will definitely wear this on its own probably more than layering, although I'm curious about layering it with one of the green Sugared scents to see if I can get something like Pleasure Valley going on. And it holds up well in drydown, because we know citrus notes can burn off fairly fast, but this one hangs on!

I absolutely love Sugared Lemons! Luna is right, it's great by itself -- very juicy, bright and citrusy! I just tested it it right now with Sugared Honeydew -- WOW, what a combo! It's also great to amp some of the other citrus scents I have (Gettin Lucky, Celebutante, etc.), as well as with the other sugareds. I have Sugared Green Tea on order and can't wait for it to arrive!

I am also loving Sugared Lemons! It is bright with just the right amount of sweetness. And yes, it does last a long time on me which I am super surprised about. Most lemon scents work well on me, but very few last like this one does.

I am kicking myself for selling Moon Sugar Candy awhile back. I really liked MSC, mainly for the initial lemony note that I got. But it faded so quick on me. I easily could have layered with Sugared Lemons to bring out the lemon and make it last. Oh well, I'm having fun exploring with all my other scents to mix-and-match. (I've have worn it with Vieux Carre and loved that combo too!)

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I just went through these reviews because I'm craving a nice bright, lemony citrus scent. For years my fav perfume was a French brand that made the most beautiful bright citrus scent. Additionally, Luna's description & the Loves BS comment sealed it. I just bought 2 little bottles on the ETSY page (cheaper than the cost of a standard FB size!) Seems the timing was good for me. Can't wait to wear this.

Edited by StacyK

• 5 weeks later...

It's lovely Stacy. Bright and sweet. It's not at all soft till it wears a couple hours, but that's how I like em.

Longevity is great for a citrus. I had been contemplating between this and Lemon Fairy Cake, but Fairy Cake had pretty short lasting power. I'm glad I went with this! It does remind me of Love's Fresh Lemon in the drydown. Very nice! Layers great with strawberry and rose. Brings shine to whatever you blend it with! :)

Yes. This is so very :purr:

I think I was initially hesitant because I thought "candied". On my skin I don't get that. It's sweet, bright powdery citrus first. After about 30 minutes it tones down. Still bright, but softer. I get soft citrusy goodness. I lasts a very long time morning till night on my skin.

I paired it with New and Wow. Such an amazing effect. :lol:

I love this scent so much and have been wearing it since I purchased it. This is such a beautiful citrus lemon. I noticed on the second time wearing it towards the end of the day it turned to a powdery scent on my wrist but on my chest it still smelled like beautiful lemons. My husband adores this scent he said it made me smell sexy. I will for sure order more of this! What would be some good scents to layer this with? I was thinking maybe trying it with Beth's Blushing Milkmaid which I have as well.

I love this scent so much and have been wearing it since I purchased it. This is such a beautiful citrus lemon. I noticed on the second time wearing it towards the end of the day it turned to a powdery scent on my wrist but on my chest it still smelled like beautiful lemons. My husband adores this scent he said it made me smell sexy. I will for sure order more of this! What would be some good scents to layer this with? I was thinking maybe trying it with Beth's Blushing Milkmaid which I have as well.

It would go great with BBM. I'd bet it will layer well with a lot of scents. I like it with New. I also see it layering well with pink scents and florals,

It would go great with BBM. I'd bet it will layer well with a lot of scents. I like it with New. I also see it layering well with pink scents and florals,

Yes I bet it would smell amazing with pink scents!

Strawberry, Rose, Violet, White Musk, Lilies, Greenery, Grass, Copal, Frankincense, cherries, cake, frosting, vanilla, bergamot, pepper, verbena, sandalwood, oakmoss, blueberries(summer pudding!),

Really, I'd say most anything except heavy cinnamon, black musk, and other heavy animalics. Maybe not great with very light florals like peony cause it could over power them, but Lemon in small doses can add a brightness to nearly any kind of blend. It's a top note usually and can add shine to most anything.

Strawberry, Rose, Violet, White Musk, Lilies, Greenery, Grass, Copal, Frankincense, cherries, cake, frosting, vanilla, bergamot, pepper, verbena, sandalwood, oakmoss, blueberries(summer pudding!),

Really, I'd say most anything except heavy cinnamon, black musk, and other heavy animalics. Maybe not great with very light florals like peony cause it could over power them, but Lemon in small doses can add a brightness to nearly any kind of blend. It's a top note usually and can add shine to most anything.

Thank you for the great suggestions!!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm happy with this one; it avoids "dishwasher liquid" territory and is just the right amount of sweet and tart. It's uplifting. The softer version it settles into is lovely. It does indeed work well with pink scents; I tried a touch of this with FC Fairy Floss and it brightened it nicely.