Sugared Roses

Beccah

AD1-SugRoses.jpg

Sugared Roses

* The flagship of the Sugared line, this one started it all! Gorgeous red rose attars, candied to perfection with our blend of five sugars (with an emphasis on the pink). Deliciously sweet and elegant too.

Sugar and Roses, two of the most powerful love giving (and receiving) triggers for romance! Sugar is a scent of giggles, stolen kisses, and moments of home and hearth, historically known to attract love, luck, sweetness and riches. And Roses are known as one of the most powerful Love and Romance drawing entities. The combination is Heavenly in the extreme! Five kinds of delicious sugars spinning a sweet web over a bouquet of delicate roses.

• 2 months later...

I love roses. I love the smell of roses. I love designing floral arrangements and bouquets with roses. My favorite rose is the Paris Red Rose. It is STUNNING! Sugared Roses, to me, captures the quintessential scent of Roses. It's a bright rose and there is none of that dusty rose smell that other rose scents I've smelled can have. (Various rose scents over my lifetime) The only problem is a personal one and that is that I'm allergic to roses. I still own this scent and will try to work this into various mixes OR randomly sniff this because I love roses so much. This is perfect.

Edited by tink333

Yes, LP's Sugared Roses is a beautiful rendering of rose. I feel like it's truer to the way roses actually smell. If you're allergic is the allergy to actually smelling the scent or could you try a scent locket?

It is most definitely truer to the way roses smell! And, my allergic reaction is to the scent. Within 15-30 mins, I get stuffed up, sneezy, and a headache, even if I've taken allergy meds. I have way worse reactions to some other flowers, plants, and trees. I just suck it up because I really love flowers. I've worked part-time for a florist and would have bad reactions but I always went back and still work with flowers any chhance I get. :)

I actually never thought of using a scent locket, even if I just carried it with me and could pull it out a smell it every so often. Thanks for the idea!

• 4 weeks later...

I got a trial size decant of this from a very kind forum member. Wow! This is spot on ROSE all the way. It's roses, but, dare I say it, better. Better, because the sugar seems to take that edge that some roses seem to have to their scent. Gentler, more well rounded, almost a hint of a slight rose milk quality. Softened. The sugar seems to keep the fragrances in this collection from being too spikey. I can see me mixing this with LOTS of different Sugareds! And I will. ;)

• 2 months later...

This one is super gorgeous rose.. and the lady on the label is super hot!

It's a very true rose, like you have it right in front of you. The sweetness takes some of the pointiness away, but it's not candied rose. Just like a perfect rose that's lightly dusted with sugar.

I got a trial size decant of this from a very kind forum member. Wow! This is spot on ROSE all the way. It's roses, but, dare I say it, better. Better, because the sugar seems to take that edge that some roses seem to have to their scent. Gentler, more well rounded, almost a hint of a slight rose milk quality. Softened. The sugar seems to keep the fragrances in this collection from being too spikey. I can see me mixing this with LOTS of different Sugareds! And I will. ;)

This is very much how I would describe this one too. True, authentic rose, but gentler and well rounded. I find it very soothing, and so feminine. After reading about layering this with Sugared Strawberries I decided to give it a try. Very nice, almost girlish. I do find the strawberry can overpower the rose when applied in equal amounts. In the future I'm going to try just a dab of strawberry so the rose has a little more room to bloom. Now that I have a nice sized collection (starter set? ;) ) of the Sugareds, I look forward to seeing what else I can pair this with. I wonder if this would femme up the Sugared Sandalwood a bit...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This one is like sweet fresh cut pink roses in a bottle. Sometimes rose scents give me a headache, but I had no problem with this one, probably because the rose is mellowed by a dash of sugar. Definitely going to experiment with layering it with other scents. I went to sleep wearing this the other night and I felt like I was sleeping in a bed of roses! I could still smell the rose in the morning, so it has good lasting power too.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I've only layered it, rather than worn it solo.
It is candied, rich and pink-red. Extremely womanly without being girly.

Right now I've layered it with a bit of Sug. Green Musk and Sug. Earth.

Amazing combo, it comes alive on the skin like a real blooming garden.
So glad I got bottles of the green musk and the earth (which I knew I would like and were blind buys), but the free trial of Sug. Roses is a stealthy delight.
I never expected to like rose. I do. Damn, I do!

• 4 years later...

I received a sniffee of this in my latest order and it's so beautiful.  It's truly a three-dimensional kind of rose, fully in bloom.  The sweetness is like a whisper, really just meant to emphasize the full character of the rose.  It makes me smile, and because the scent of roses is meant to bestow happiness, it's doing a splendid job!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I second that I don’t like heavy floral or rose scents but I had a trial of this a long time ago and layered it with LPO and loved that combo! It only took me a year to get a big bottle 😂

this is so good!