Sugared Sandalwood

Beccah

AD1-SugSandalwood.jpg

Sugared Sandalwood

* I have a LOT of sandalwood oils, but only my most fabulous four made the cut for this wonderful blend - softenend and rounded with my blend of five sugars, with the emphasis on the white. A great scent for both men and women.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

• 4 months later...

While my moniker implies otherwise, sandalwood edges out patchouli in my hierarchy of favorite scents. This skews a bit masculine on me compared to the sandalwood essential oils I have stashed for safe keeping, which are a little sweeter and "woodier" to my nose. Still, I like it a lot.

When I first got this I was disappointed. It was almost pure sugar, with just a hint of sandalwood. I set is aside for a week and thankfully the sandalwood took over center stage. As time passes the scent only deepens (which is exactly what I was hoping for). This one really illustrated for me the impact travel shock and settling time can have on a fragrance. Now I understand why so many people say if something isn't working for you to set it aside for a few days/weeks/months before trying it again. As is the case with Sugared Sandalwood, it can make a huge difference.

• 2 months later...

Having received a an LP delivery today I have had quite a few scents on my arm as I can never wait to try things one at a time. Of all of them today this is the one that invokes memories. A few years ago I brought some actual sandalwood. Little strips of wood to burn in an Incense Burner it was quite expensive so I only used to use a bit at a time but the aroma was gorgeous and the smell would linger in the air long after the sandalwood itself had turned to ash. Sugared Sandalwood is that smell, true unadulterated sandalwood. The sandalwood note in this has a depth that feels spiritual, it's very comforting to breath in.

I also think this will blend well with any vanilla. It will add depth to the foody ones and grace to the powdery ones.

• 4 months later...

Mm mm...loving these descriptions! Sandalwood is a newfound love of mine. I didn't know how much I really liked it till the last year or so. I think I'm going to need this in my life! I love the different LP sandalwood notes, especially the one in Majmua Sultana! I'm interested to smell it mainly on its own! This may not be that variety, but I still really want this one!

eta: sorry so many exclamation points!!!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 11 months later...

I've had various opinions over the years of what heaven must smell like. At one time, many years ago, it was a particularly expensive sandalwood soap that I couldn't really afford (but loved to the last bubble anyway ;) ) Now I'm convinced heaven REALLY smells like Sugared Sandalwood! Not sure how to describe it if you don't already know what sandalwood smells like (hint: it smells woodsy lol), but this is gorgeous and the sweetness is perfectly balanced, blending beautifully with the sandalwood. I got it in a spray and it's going to kill me not spraying everything in sight with it :D

I love it on its own, but it would indeed layer well with so many other scents, depending on the effect you want. I think it is especially lovely with vanilla scents (I can already attest that it is something magical layered with LP Original), and it would nicely temper florals that are being too loud. Sandalwood is a beautiful balance-it-out note to have in your arsenal if you like it.

I'm glad you liked this one as much as I do! For some strange reason, I'm extremely drawn to this one.

AHAHAHA! Maybe. :Emoticons10311:

• 1 year later...

I have a sample of LAM Sandalwood & Resins and also a bottle of NOCO S&R; can anyone compare that with this? (Other than the fact that there's amber and a bit of patch in S&R.) Does this sandalwood seem lighter/darker? Is this perfume is more/less sheer overall than S&R?

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 10 months later...
On 9/3/2017 at 8:07 PM, Witty Kitty said:

I have a sample of LAM Sandalwood & Resins and also a bottle of NOCO S&R; can anyone compare that with this? (Other than the fact that there's amber and a bit of patch in S&R.) Does this sandalwood seem lighter/darker? Is this perfume is more/less sheer overall than S&R?

I would also like to know...