Sugared Vetiver

Beccah

AD1-SugVetiver.jpg

Sugared Vetiver

* A beautiful woody smelling grass, vetiver is a fab essence on both men and women. I took a trio of my favorite vetiver oils and attars, and blended them with white, powdered, caramelized and pink sugars, but no more than necessary for softening and wearablility - the scent still retains it's beautiful freshness and unisex quality.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

• 1 month later...

This is GORGEOUS. It has a texture like suede, and it's a complex blend that is mid-range to my nose, in terms of how I see and hear it. Shadowy rather than bright. It's the patch of grasses springing up from the roots of an ancient oak tree that stands right on the edge of the woods, dividing the gorgeous lawn and perfectly maintained gardens from the untamed wild. There is an airy quality that keeps it from being too dark or dense, but it also has a depth and weight that are very appealing. If you like earthy organic scents, this will definitely appeal, but at the same time, it's a complex and sophisticated take on the note.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I am testing it at the same time as Hay and the two of them are delicious together when I put the backs of both hands to my nose.

• 6 years later...

@Black Cat that is a poetic and spot-on review and one I don't think I can add anything to.

I bought this in 2014 because the vetiver was not a note I knew well then (and even now) and felt it would let me study it 

I keep thinking it's an animalic source and have to regularly Google it to make sure it's a grass. I just don't pick up on the grass/hay/lemongrass qualities that others do. I get earth, musk, and leather. LOTS of leather combined with smoky woods. So fascinating ! And it is VERY strong. I just covered my wrist on top with a layer of Love Potion: Homme which I reviewed a few moments ago and had at hand because of that: divine !!! The more gentle and broad Love Potion becomes a sexy beast with miles of grounding depth. This is going to be so fun to play with !