Sugared Majmua

Beccah

AD1-SugMajmua.jpg

Sugared Majmua

* Majmua is an Indian term meaning "mish-mash", and every maker of attars over there has their own blend consisting of a ton of different ingredients, yet they still have a specific identifiable quality in common. The epitome of exotic - deep dark, smokey and resinous, I've mish-mashed a few of my favorites together and softened them up with my blend of five sugars. Perfect for creating an aura of exotic mystery.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • INDIAN MAJMUA ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

• 1 month later...

I had never smelled majmua on it's own, which is true for several of the sugareds I have ordered. I'm still educating my nose. At first I was quite disappointed with this one, it seemed unexciting and sooooo different than Majmua Sultana (which I adore). I also found the scent disappeared on me within 30 minutes. Then I combined it with sugared cream and it was loooooovely all of a sudden. Still not too sweet, that exotic aura that I love. And the scent lasted...not sure...I wore this to bed and happily fell asleep with it while huffing my wrists. Can't ask for more than that.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first time experiencing any majmua, to my knowledge at least. This is very unique to my nose. I think I may warm to it that same way I did S&V in that, I can't seem to stop huffing it but I haven't decided if it's a "me" scent. But then, fell in love with S&V... These smell nothing alike of course, I just mean I'm approaching it with curiosity and caution :D It's VERY potent (intense?) wet, but dries down on me to something considerably softer and more - sultry? Slinky? It's DEFINATELY exotic. I will definitely have to pay this more attention, and I think this will wear quite nicely all by itself.

What would something like this be complimentary with? Sounds like sugared cream is a winner :) I may have to try it with sugared warm milk and sugar and sugared French vanilla for starters as I haven't yet got sugared cream...

• 9 months later...

Anyone else have a comment on the sillage/longevity of this one? I know the Sugareds and Fairy Cakes are "sheer" but my Sugared Blueberry projects pretty well and lasts a pretty good amount of time on me (as I prefer). I'm imagining this will last too, but the first review sort of has me wondering..

Anyone else have a comment on the sillage/longevity of this one? I know the Sugareds and Fairy Cakes are "sheer" but my Sugared Blueberry projects pretty well and lasts a pretty good amount of time on me (as I prefer). I'm imagining this will last too, but the first review sort of has me wondering..

I haven't tried this specific one, but I don't find the sugareds to be sheer......I have the sugared cherry and the sugared frank and myrrh, and they are anything but sheer....

I haven't tried this specific one, but I don't find the sugareds to be sheer......I have the sugared cherry and the sugared frank and myrrh, and they are anything but sheer....

I don't think either of those are sheer either but I do think a LOT of the other Sugareds I have tried are. I have tried about thirty of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, to answer my own question, and for folks in the future who may be curious, this is NOT too sheer ,thank goodness! Its verrrrrrrrry yummy and sexy sexy! As I've said elsewhere, and the reason I love Majmua so much is cause its so multi faceted for a single note. Really, its totally its own complex perfume on its own. Starts out a wee bit brown sugar syrupy sweet, then shifts to a bit smoky, then to incense, then I smell rose attar a bit, after that,fruit, apricots, it really is so fun to wear and watch the morphing occur, I just love it. That's why I love Ravens Secret Weapon so much, that super cool shifting. I mean, most perfumes morph and have a top, middle and base, but with Majmua, you expect it to be all resin, all the time and it surprises you. It IS quite a bit lighter than Secret Weapon, but that's ok. I adore it! My favorite Sugared so far!

Oh, also this one stays on all day, throws really big at first. Fills the room big, and your room will smell great for hours! After about two hours on skin, it throws softer, but still quite noticeable from about 10 inches away.

• 7 months later...

Mmmmmm... This is so good! I'm so glad I took the chance on trying it.. I have been in a weird mood, wanting the deep resiny perfumes, even though it's Spring. This was perfect for today. It's deep and dark and sweetly resiny. I can pick out the incense-y-ness, like nag champa. Absolutely a keeper.