Sugared Vanilla Bean

Beccah

AD1-SugVanBean.jpg

Sugared Vanilla Bean

* Extract-like concentrated vanilla bean oils and absolutes, with a tinge of booziness, melded with my blend of five sugars.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my order this morning and this was the first thing I ripped into! I slathered it on my wrists and proceeded directly to vanilla huffin' heaven, swooning with barely coherent thoughts of OMGGOOOOOOD while angels sang and sunbeams miraculously illuminated the windowless room. It was beautiful, you should have been there. :hearts09780:

So what does it smell like? My nose says "lightly sweetened pure vanilla extract." It's not cloying, or sweet like cake frosting, it's the perfect balance of sweetness and a good rich boozy vanilla. The booziness is pronounced on initial application but quickly calms down. It is indeed just a "tinge" on drydown, nobody's going to get a whiff of you and think you've been knocking back a few, I promise. Dried down it reminds me of a true French vanilla, with that soft almost powdery aspect (not like the ice cream!) It would indeed be perfect for layering with, but why anyone would commit such sacrilege, I can't imagine. It is just heavenly all by itself.

• 1 month later...

Another Vanilla scent I'm obsessed with. I have mixed this with different scents but I love it on its own too. I have almost all the sugared vanillas and this one is probably my favorite. It's a darker, more grown up vanilla scent, if that makes any sense. It's a more sophisticated Vanilla scent is maybe what I'm trying to say. All I know is that I love this one and will need to buy more of it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one delicious sugared! And the gorgeous fucking lady on the label- If I ate pie.. let me tell ya! This scent is elegant, sexy, refined, and has layers to it. It is not just one fucking scent yo! It's many different layers all blended in one. A must have for vanilla or pie lovers.

• 2 months later...

This has turned out to be one of my favorite sugareds. There were SO many yummy vanilla varieties to choose from. I totally agree with Lady V though - this one has a depth and a smoothness to it that is elegant, sexy and yummy without being too over the top sweet. A sleeper hit for me - never expected to love it as much as I do. It's in my top 5.

• 4 weeks later...

I knew Sugared Vanilla would be a no brainer, it has the same vanilla as my beloved Purple Puff. I always thought I loved PP because of the lavender, but now that I'm smelling vanilla bean + the sugars it's actually this together!! Comforted that I can grab some Sugared Lavender and layer with this once once the Purple Puff is no more *shudder*

Got to sample this thanks to adorable Bella's kind decant circle. Much more perfumey than I expected, both in scent and throw, quite similar to sugared vanilla velvet. It has a very polished, slightly musky, estee Lauder thing going on. Yet another sugared layerable that is NOT linear or "simple" and is more than complete on its own. however I also had sugared coconut on hand and couldn't resist smearing them together while both were drying down, and have been floating on a dense cremay fluffy white cloud since. :D

This is smooth and light on me. I don't know if would wear it on it's own, but I am going to try to wear it with other scents to see how it goes.. I think the Sugared Vanilla is the one I'm actually looking for.

Edited by Bella15

• 1 month later...

I put this one on layered with LP O this morning and I'm so in love with the combo that I had to run over here and post about it pronto :D I used just a little dab of the sugared vanilla bean and a good sized swipe of LP O, since the sugared wears pretty strong on me. SO GOOD :Emoticons04235:

• 4 months later...

This is wonderful stuff! I can't really add more to what has been said, its darkish, extremely realistic, vanilla extract. There are days when I really crave a deep bakers vanilla without all the accoutrements like butter and cake, and this fills that void. L'aromarine's Vanille parfum extract is what I was using for those craving days , but even that has something to it that takes it a notch away from "real" citrus,I think. This doesn't, it is exactly what it's supposed to be.

This is also one intense Sugared. I put a spot on my hand to test it and it throws like mad. The room I applied it still smells like it, 2 hours later,and I'm catching wafts of yum all over the place. I even washed my hands and face and it's still VERY much there. Tenacious! That is a huge plus in my book!

I'd also like to thank Bella for her "Orphaned Sugareds"!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 2 weeks later...

OMG what took me so long to get this? This might be the same vanilla used in Purple Puff. Closer in texture to marshmallow than cake- it's airy, smooth and sexy. I can't wait to layer with Sugared Lav or Lavender Fairy Cake for an un-phero version of Purple Puff! Once I go through this small bottle, I'm getting it in a spray.

It IS good JOC, very lasting and true. I think you'll love it! I want to try Vanilla Velvet too, very much, but for real extract vanilla, you can't do better than this!

I'll let you know when i lay my hands on the Vanilla Velvet

• 2 years later...